What's new

Anna Hazare released from jail after India-wide protests, begins fasting

Jan Lokapl Bill

• Total voters
so how many arm chair generals are attending it.... or its just that patriotism is limited to virtual world of internet and PDF

This is the best thing Gandhijee have shown us, ahimsa and peaceful demonstration... unlike other places where people start stone pelting for silly reasons....

he is taking good step in right direction. and this battle will be won.

the problem will be what happens after draft is made ?????? how many times have they made the draft.

these few politicians wont allow it to happen. because why would you sharpen the sword which will be socked in your own blood first?

hazare have a good leadership but like any other formation his other members are surely not on same patriotic level as him .

went to the place but cant stay there for long. but i wish every other indian should at least visit the place once. for 10 minutes atleast to show their support for this country.

The only way they can get the politicians to approve Lokpal bill is to make the Poonam girl promise to do it in parliament afterwards! :lol:

The only way they can get the politicians to approve Lokpal bill is to make the Poonam girl promise to do it in parliament afterwards! :lol:

Naah... won't work... those who are opposing have enough money to buy out one Poonam for each.

People and especially the youth need to walk these protests for others to make a notice. Once the educated youth brigade challenges the old politicians, things will move.

so how many arm chair generals are attending it.... or its just that patriotism is limited to virtual world of internet and PDF

Dont know if i qualify for arm chair GENERAL but i am attending it..

Hey divvy Im on vacation in Kerala....and I have got toothier 20 ppl to march tomorrow morning....its not much but it better than nothing....Please help wherever you are.......educate the masses....Thanks

My respect to all those who are attending this fast.

@ Patanjali, did u go to the Jantar Mantar last night ?

It is not possible for me or some other friends here to travel to Delhi from Kolkata.....What we are trying to create awareness here. We dont have 'Lokaukt' in West Bengal . And election for State Assembly is starting this month. We must raise the issue here to force the new Assembly to take necessary steps regarding it once the new Bidhan Sabha is formed if the bill is not passed in Parliament. But our support will always be with those who are gathering in Delhi and other places in support of Anaa Hazare........

Aamir Khan says Anna Hazare deserves greater support than cricket team

NEW DELHI: Actor Aamir Khan says the country should extend greater support to Anna Hazare's struggle for a strong anti-corruption law than it did to the Indian cricket team's quest for the World Cup. In a letter to the social activist, who is on fast unto death demanding that the government co-opt the civil society in drafting the Lokpal Bill, the actor said the struggle against corruption was "infinitely more important, and affects each and every one of us".

In the letter sent on April 6, the actor called Hazare an inspiration for the youth of India and said that he had written to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh asking him to pay heed to Hazare's appeal.

In his letter to the Prime Minister, Khan said: "I would like to humbly submit to you that, based on all the material that I have read, what Mr Hazare is saying makes a lot of sense to me."

"I am one of over a billion citizens of this country who is affected by, and most concerned about, corruption in our country. The last few months have witnessed some shocking exposés. In fact our society has been plagued by this sickness over the last few decades. I am one of the many who feel that strong steps need to be taken as corrective measures," the actor wrote to the Prime Minister.

He further wrote: "It is therefore with great hope and all humility that I request you to pay heed to the voice of Mr Anna Hazare. I would like to submit to you that the nation is slowly but surely collecting behind Mr Hazare in appreciation for what he is fighting for. I am merely one of many who support Mr Hazare and have come to appreciate that this upright 72-year-old man is willing to sacrifice his life in the fight against corruption."

IN07_ANNA_HAZARE_523488e.jpg

well i am still skeptical about lokpal bill. is there any similar organization in any other country.
i think it should at least report to prime minister office.
we cannot decrease the power of prime minister post otherwise it will lead to chaos and it is more difficult to manage the things.

Back
Top Bottom