What's new

Animal cruelty in Model Town, Lahore

Xestan

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Okay, so this will be my first post in three years maybe, but as asked by a friend who's an animal activist, help is needed in this regard. The word needs to be spread, I'll be really thankful if this post can be shared on PDF's fb page.

"Detail account of today's shooting incident in Model Town, Lahore.

It's not everyday that you wake up to the sound of gunfire, and that's what happened to me at around 12:30 this afternoon. The two consecutive shots were followed by crows cawing all around and very loud cries of a dog.

It was right next to my house, inside the G-Block graveyard of Model Town. I went out to look for the dog when I came across the management of graveyard and the Model Town security guard holding his double-barrel shotgun.

According to the guard, the shots were enough to kill the dog and he was breathing his last. When I found him, he was in this condition, bleeding from the eyes, still breathing, moving his head and limbs, crying loudly after intervals.

So, there began our hour-long struggle to get this dog to the vet, unfortunately, in a city like Lahore, we still do not have 24X7 emergency facilities, even the most advanced veterinarian clinics in the city do not have the capacity to send in a Doctor for emergency calls. As my family's out of city, I had no conveyance to take the dog, not ignoring the fact that I don't have much experience dealing with dogs anyway.

If it wasn't for Aisha Khalid who I'm ever in debt for her help, I had decided to shoot the dog myself to end his pain. I will never forget his cries. I hated myself for recording his misery on camera but I wanted people to know what our society has become. If such brutality is being practiced in a place like Model Town, one can imagine the plight of these strays in other areas.

When we took him to Dr. Asim's clinic, his breathing was stable but we found out that both of his eyes were gone. He was hit from the front. The two 12-gauge shots that were fired or misfired as it seemed, by the guard, he was only hit by 5-6 pallets, two in his eyes, one on the head and ear, and two on the chest.

It was a hard decision but it had to be done. He was put to sleep, the euthanasia was quick and he was gone in 5 minutes. He was later buried.

I don't know if I'll ever be able to get over this incident but I hope we raise our voice against this. A society can very well be judged by its treatment of the voiceless animals. I hope we don't become a savage society, although we're long way up that road."

WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT

Pigs. Savage mountain pigs. Monsters that will burn in hell and I pray to God that they suffer the most pain in their life and be forever drenched in sadness and misery. They are Gods creations and deserve love and mercy but the thing is that these insects of society have a miserable life and do this to bring pleasure which shows how psychotic these C grade pigs are.

That man could have shot somebody else. Its a residential area.

Thank u brother for taking Cade of this loving creature during the last hours. Only God knows what will become of these people. Isn't there any law against animal cruelty.

Thank u brother for taking Cade of this loving creature during the last hours. Only God knows what will become of these people. Isn't there any law against animal cruelty.

I think we have the same laws as India has, inherited from the British, the problem is, they are not being implemented.

Thanks to the writer for putting this much effort in something that is considered useless in our society. I don't know what we've become as a Muslim and a human being? This thread has made me very sad, but again what are we talking. Human bodies are rotting in this country, look at Thar - two kids died today of hunger. We have become a messed up nation, from top to bottom.. :cry:

I think we have the same laws as India has, inherited from the British, the problem is, they are not being implemented.

Stop killing our dogs, CBC!

32712-AFP-1456999020-208-640x480.jpg

By giving the freedom to save these dogs and not shooting them, you are playing a huge part in an act of kindness. PHOTO: AFP

“I came back home at night and found Sandy dead, my maid boy told me CBC van came and shot her, her body was just lying there covered in bullet wounds, her four puppies were left behind from which one died of poisoning, two were rescued by Mustafa Ahmed and the last one ran away and is yet to be found…” – Hira Sami

These are the heart-breaking words of a citizen of Karachi who took care of Sandy the stray dog for the last two months. Coming home from work to find your beloved stray, one you’ve been taking care of, is not only depressing, it’s downright infuriating, frustrating and what nightmares are made of. Hira’s painful experience is sadly one of several. Just recently someone’s six stray dogs were poisoned in Bath Island. I myself have lost nine strays to poisoning several years ago, and witnessed half-alive dogs with bullet wounds, gasping for breath.

This cleansing of stray dogs in Karachi, specifically in the Clifton Cantonment area, needs to be brought to an end. It is an assault to humanity, it is a heinous campaign that disregards an animal’s right to live and share this land of ours. Our friends at Home Four Paw and Claw (HFPC) are daily rescuing and evacuating strays in various locations under the Cantonment Board Clifton (CBC), who are at risk of being shot dead like they just don’t matter. Many of the injured, mothers and puppies are being relocated to shelters like the Ayesha Chundrigar Foundation or Edhi Animal Shelter, but for the most part the healthy dogs are being sent to ‘dog-friendly’ locations where they are not at risk of being gunned down barbarically nor pose a threat to any people.

How we as a society, as a nation, can let animal welfare be so far neglected is merely an example of the level of apathy we’ve reached.

So what do we do to save man’s best friend from being killed in cold blood?

The solution is simple.

With organisations like HFPC and fellow volunteers willing to donate their time and effort, we request CBC to put an end to the needless shooting and poisoning of stray dogs and instead ask for a chance to implement a more humane plan of relocation, vaccination, spaying and neutering.

We could resolve the alleged ‘dog problem’ but for that we would require the assistance of our fellow citizens and officials to help make it happen in a civilised way. We have shelters and other animal welfares on board to support us and we require nothing from Clifton Cantonment except to put a stop to shooting and poisoning dogs.

We will spay, neuter, give rabies shots and release the dogs in an area that is not an inconvenience for the residents of Karachi. It is our duty as human beings, as a nation with the potential to be so amazingly great, to protect the voiceless creatures from being treated in such a heinous way. Shooting the dogs dead, most of them left half alive with bullet wounds, dying a slow painful death, is not something we should even wish on our worst enemies.

I understand that the stray dog population may be a ‘hazard’ to those who are not animal lovers or animal friendly, but we have a sure shot way of solving the problem with the effective solution at hand.

Please read the plan below, a simple solution that works for everyone.

The plan

1. Provide numbers to CBC and other residents to call in case of a ‘dog problem’ in the area.

2. Upon calling those numbers, our team of volunteers will come to the location and evacuate the dogs, get them spayed and neutered, give them rabies shots and release them in an area that is away from residents.

3. Injured dogs and puppies will be taken to shelters and treated there.

4. Once the initial evacuation process is completed, we will focus on vaccinating the dogs. Once the vaccinations are done, we will start the spay and neuter program. Once the spay and neuter program is successfully completed, we will focus our efforts on finding viable homes for the puppies at least, perhaps even for the adult dogs if people step up.

What is achieved?

1. The ‘dog problem’ is being solved and dogs are being removed from areas where they are not welcome.

2. The dogs are being spayed and neutered so they do not reproduce and therefore we are controlling the stray population.

3. The dogs at hand are being taken to safety where they can live free of the fear of being shot dead.

4. Helping the voiceless is our God given right.

5. By giving the freedom to save these dogs and not shooting them, you are playing a huge part in an act of kindness.

If you’d like to help us save these animals please sign and share this petition. There are other methods of getting involved, as well as a help line number you can call in case you’d like us to remove dogs from your area in a humane way.

I’d like to end this post with the simple request to my fellow country men and women, if you cannot adopt, then foster. If you cannot foster, then volunteer. If you cannot volunteer, then donate. If you cannot donate, then help create awareness. If you cannot help create awareness, then offer moral support. If you cannot offer moral support, then let the people who are working to save the voiceless, do what they do. Just don’t add to the problem, don’t support such treatment of animals, don’t find reasons to enforce cruelty.

http://blogs.tribune.com.pk/story/32712/stop-killing-our-dogs-cbc/

Stop killing our dogs, CBC!

32712-AFP-1456999020-208-640x480.jpg

By giving the freedom to save these dogs and not shooting them, you are playing a huge part in an act of kindness. PHOTO: AFP

“I came back home at night and found Sandy dead, my maid boy told me CBC van came and shot her, her body was just lying there covered in bullet wounds, her four puppies were left behind from which one died of poisoning, two were rescued by Mustafa Ahmed and the last one ran away and is yet to be found…” – Hira Sami

These are the heart-breaking words of a citizen of Karachi who took care of Sandy the stray dog for the last two months. Coming home from work to find your beloved stray, one you’ve been taking care of, is not only depressing, it’s downright infuriating, frustrating and what nightmares are made of. Hira’s painful experience is sadly one of several. Just recently someone’s six stray dogs were poisoned in Bath Island. I myself have lost nine strays to poisoning several years ago, and witnessed half-alive dogs with bullet wounds, gasping for breath.

This cleansing of stray dogs in Karachi, specifically in the Clifton Cantonment area, needs to be brought to an end. It is an assault to humanity, it is a heinous campaign that disregards an animal’s right to live and share this land of ours. Our friends at Home Four Paw and Claw (HFPC) are daily rescuing and evacuating strays in various locations under the Cantonment Board Clifton (CBC), who are at risk of being shot dead like they just don’t matter. Many of the injured, mothers and puppies are being relocated to shelters like the Ayesha Chundrigar Foundation or Edhi Animal Shelter, but for the most part the healthy dogs are being sent to ‘dog-friendly’ locations where they are not at risk of being gunned down barbarically nor pose a threat to any people.

How we as a society, as a nation, can let animal welfare be so far neglected is merely an example of the level of apathy we’ve reached.

So what do we do to save man’s best friend from being killed in cold blood?

The solution is simple.

With organisations like HFPC and fellow volunteers willing to donate their time and effort, we request CBC to put an end to the needless shooting and poisoning of stray dogs and instead ask for a chance to implement a more humane plan of relocation, vaccination, spaying and neutering.

We could resolve the alleged ‘dog problem’ but for that we would require the assistance of our fellow citizens and officials to help make it happen in a civilised way. We have shelters and other animal welfares on board to support us and we require nothing from Clifton Cantonment except to put a stop to shooting and poisoning dogs.

We will spay, neuter, give rabies shots and release the dogs in an area that is not an inconvenience for the residents of Karachi. It is our duty as human beings, as a nation with the potential to be so amazingly great, to protect the voiceless creatures from being treated in such a heinous way. Shooting the dogs dead, most of them left half alive with bullet wounds, dying a slow painful death, is not something we should even wish on our worst enemies.

I understand that the stray dog population may be a ‘hazard’ to those who are not animal lovers or animal friendly, but we have a sure shot way of solving the problem with the effective solution at hand.

Please read the plan below, a simple solution that works for everyone.

The plan

1. Provide numbers to CBC and other residents to call in case of a ‘dog problem’ in the area.

2. Upon calling those numbers, our team of volunteers will come to the location and evacuate the dogs, get them spayed and neutered, give them rabies shots and release them in an area that is away from residents.

3. Injured dogs and puppies will be taken to shelters and treated there.

4. Once the initial evacuation process is completed, we will focus on vaccinating the dogs. Once the vaccinations are done, we will start the spay and neuter program. Once the spay and neuter program is successfully completed, we will focus our efforts on finding viable homes for the puppies at least, perhaps even for the adult dogs if people step up.

What is achieved?

1. The ‘dog problem’ is being solved and dogs are being removed from areas where they are not welcome.

2. The dogs are being spayed and neutered so they do not reproduce and therefore we are controlling the stray population.

3. The dogs at hand are being taken to safety where they can live free of the fear of being shot dead.

4. Helping the voiceless is our God given right.

5. By giving the freedom to save these dogs and not shooting them, you are playing a huge part in an act of kindness.

If you’d like to help us save these animals please sign and share this petition. There are other methods of getting involved, as well as a help line number you can call in case you’d like us to remove dogs from your area in a humane way.

I’d like to end this post with the simple request to my fellow country men and women, if you cannot adopt, then foster. If you cannot foster, then volunteer. If you cannot volunteer, then donate. If you cannot donate, then help create awareness. If you cannot help create awareness, then offer moral support. If you cannot offer moral support, then let the people who are working to save the voiceless, do what they do. Just don’t add to the problem, don’t support such treatment of animals, don’t find reasons to enforce cruelty.

http://blogs.tribune.com.pk/story/32712/stop-killing-our-dogs-cbc/

I know the person who wrote this blog, she's one the activist in this countrywide campaign. Please do help in spreading the word. This video was shared by PAWS and last night a few celebrities helped share the word, even Hamza Ali Abbasi posted about it. We need politicians and journalists to highlight this issue.

pakistan have so many animals but they called human

There's something wrong, I can't tag anyone, can you please tag the admins for me, especially Horus, need to get it on PDF page.

Last edited:
Haan to kiya apnay aap ko katwa lain agar koi wild boar aye to kiya kartay hain dishkum dishkum tha na?

As long as gov doesnot step in and does mass sterlisation people will continue to shoot and poison

Please make another thread and try making an argument there. I don't think this is connected. These are two very different issues.

On second thoughts, have deleted the post. edit your reply to remove the content.

There is another video of a dog being tied and suspended from a ceiling, then being beaten by 3 people with sticks until it dies.

This society is so fvcked up... but nothing can be compared to a video in India about a mal-nutrioned and half dead child (3-4 years old) being stepped and abused like an animal by adults.

But dont worry; they will all be asked by Allah.

i guess he has recently came to pakistan from some developed country that's why he is feeling so much for the poor dog. but eliminating stray dogs is essential. the majority of the rabies cases in pakistan are primarily due to the dog bites. the anti rabies drugs are not very readily available in pak specially to the majority poor people of the country. rabies is a killer disease with hundred percent mortality if it's sets in. no treatment any where in the world. and many people in pak die of rabies.so in a poor and corrupt country like ours the easy prevention of the rabies is killing the stray dogs. we can't vaccinate all the dogs and keep them away from the general public. so if someone is killing dogs in order to protect the people against rabies by killing dogs he is doing something beneficial.otherwise in pak who cares about the prevention of the disease? so sometimes it is better to do little evil for a greater good. actually just watched an old movie again"kingdom of heaven " and there it was this dialogue" do little evil for a greater good" ,bachi kah rahi thee hero say.

Haan to kiya apnay aap ko katwa lain agar koi wild boar aye to kiya kartay hain dishkum dishkum tha na?

As long as gov doesnot step in and does mass sterlisation people will continue to shoot and poison
The problem here is that the Government authorities are shooting dogs. How many people are annually bitten by dogs and are hospitalized? Dogs are no threat to the humans as a wild boar would be. think rationally.

i guess he has recently came to pakistan from some developed country that's why he is feeling so much for the poor dog. but eliminating stray dogs is essential. the majority of the rabies cases in pakistan are primarily due to the dog bites. the anti rabies drugs are not very readily available in pak specially to the majority poor people of the country. rabies is a killer disease with hundred percent mortality if it's sets in. no treatment any where in the world. and many people in pak die of rabies.so in a poor and corrupt country like ours the easy prevention of the rabies is killing the stray dogs. we can't vaccinate all the dogs and keep them away from the general public. so if someone is killing dogs in order to protect the people against rabies by killing dogs he is doing something beneficial.otherwise in pak who cares about the prevention of the disease? so sometimes it is better to do little evil for a greater good. actually just watched an old movie again"kingdom of heaven " and there it was this dialogue" do little evil for a greater good" ,bachi kah rahi thee hero say.

yes, dogs/stray-dogs are a absolute problem in the world and especially so in india... dogs are cruel creatures who have killed humans brutally and have made the smaller cats almost extinct in india... dogs tear apart humans and they torture cats to death slowly over 20 minutes or more... i have made so many posts about dog attacks.

there must be 35+ million dogs in india and this explosion in their population was because of the insane mrs. maneka gandhi who was the "environment minister" in the 1998 to 2004 bjp-led central government,

you know, there are hotels for dogs in two south indian cities, bangalore and madras ( chennai ), where the neo-rich middle-class wannabes ( software engineers and mba's ) ... all this while there are 70+ million indians who are homeless and most of the rest don't have good lives either. :)

this was a recent incident in bangalore and i created the thread :

https://defence.pk/threads/another-dog-attack-in-india-some-pdf-members-should-please-clap.418088/

in the southern india state of kerala, the home minister there has passed a order saying that citizens who find dangerous dogs in their area can kill them and the police won't arrest them or harass them.

watch the below leopard-killing vids from india, which i am unable to watch fully even now... oh man, oh man, haraam, haraam, haraam... can't describe what i want to do to those people who did these acts :

http://archive.mid-day.com/news/2012/feb/280212-356-leopard-deaths-in-India-in-365-days.htm

lastly, as a socialist and muslim i cannot accept presence of such a vile thing as a dog.

@Xestan @Spring Onion

@django , watch the leopard vids if you can.

and what is your opinion on dog attacks in india?? :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom