What's new

Ancient History not Appreciated by Pakistanis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
some of the descendants of IVC may have left Indus region.But majority of the descendants of IVC stayed in the indus region.you can see the decsendants today. your talking to the descendants righ here.

on what basis are u making this assertion...??
can u quote any famous historian or someone to have made such a claim.?

pakistani punjabis are not better than anybody.all humans are equal.

we pakistani punjabis hate being called "indians".we dont like it when u ppl try to associate yourself with us.

punjabis have our own distinct history,and identity.why should we accept "indian"(a name given by invaders)? punjabi identity,and history is older and richer than "indian" identity.

why u indians get butt-hurt when we refuse to accept you? accept the rejection with self respect and move on.

You people are sooooo funny with the way you distort accepted and proven history. In 100 years time I am certain that Pakistanis will be claiming that they were sending drones into India and that it wasn't the USA who was drone bombing their people. And as proof of that they will claim that the excavated finding of downed drones dug deep in their NWFP is proof that Pakistan invented the drone :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Now you see how stupid the distortion of history becomes when you put forward stupid propaganda. PS. Porus was a Hindu and not a Jat

dude am using hostorical facts with references and links given in my posts....u can counter me with facts..and yes i will dare to challenge u if ur views are based on only stereotypes and not facts...

The names of tribes and families claiming descent of various regional people ...is stated in my posts go and talk to them instead of telling me ....and tell them that they are of native descent.....u might be ending in hospital after that...however after that do come to this forum again and share with us ur experiences.

Before saying anything u should know that around 3-4 million people (natives of punjab in Pak) had migrated in 1947...so ur claim..that most stayed behind is ridiculous.

dude am using hostorical facts with references and links given in my posts....u can counter me with facts..and yes i will dare to challenge u if ur views are based on only stereotypes and not facts...

The names of tribes and families claiming descent of various regional people ...is stated in my posts go and talk to them instead of telling me ....and tell them that they are of native descent.....u might be ending in hospital after that...however after that do come to this forum again and share with us ur experiences.

Before saying anything u should know that around 3-4 million people (natives of punjab in Pak) had migrated in 1947...so ur claim..that most stayed behind is ridiculous.

i wont be ending up in hospital for saying that.most people in pakistan's punjab are native to the indus region.the ppl mixed with invaders are a minority.your saying almost 80 million people are mostly from invaders? are you feelin alright? being native to the indus region does not mean we have to link ourselves with ppl like gujaratis,bengalis,marathis,south indians, ect.because i dont want to be linked with them either.

from my experiance,its usually the punjabis with a very dark skin tone who try to claim descent from invaders.they have an inferiorty complex and they are not proud of themselves,because of their dark skin,they feel like rejects and feel inferior,so they try to link themsleves with invaders(the inavders with a lighter skin tone) because they see lighter skinned ppl as superior. your one of those people who have an inferiorty complex.

your a disgrace.

plz dont reply to me after this.

You people are sooooo funny with the way you distort accepted and proven history. In 100 years time I am certain that Pakistanis will be claiming that they were sending drones into India and that it wasn't the USA who was drone bombing their people. And as proof of that they will claim that the excavated finding of downed drones dug deep in their NWFP is proof that Pakistan invented the drone :rofl::rofl::rofl:

LOL we would not claim that. :cheesy:

Now you see how stupid the distortion of history becomes when you put forward stupid propaganda. PS. Porus was a Hindu and not a Jat

porus was most likely not a hindu.and even if he was hindu,that does not mean non-punjabi indians can claim him.why should gujaratis,marathis,bengalis,south indians, be allowed to claim punjabi history?
i'll tell you why...because most of your fellow indians dont have a warrior-like history to be proud of,so they wanna live off punjabi's warrior history.

porus was most likely not a hindu.and even if he was hindu,that does not mean non-punjabi indians can claim him.why should gujaratis,marathis,bengalis,south indians, be allowed to claim punjabi history?
i'll tell you why...because most of your fellow indians dont have a warrior-like history to be proud of,so they wanna live off punjabi's warrior history.

That was insane, wasn't that ?
Its India that has given the bravest of the bravest rulers throughout the history. From Porus to Ashoka to Guru Gobind Singh to Maharana Pratap to Tipu Sultan.
Its India and Indian culture that has produced these mighty rulers and not Paksitan.

But still u guys have to make such banal statements.
Why do some Pakistanis make such banal statements and keep singing Punjabi Punjabi and Marshall race thingies all the time..??

It is because Pakistanis are desperate.
They suffer from low self esteem.
They see the stupidity of their nation today and see how they have lagged behind India and everyone else, in science, technology, economy and civilization.
And to boost their sagging egos and lift up their hurt pride, they try to make such banal claims like we ruled india for 1000 years or we are marshall race n sort.

They fool no one but themselves but that is the whole idea.
Why don't they simply accept that were robbed of their dignity and selfhood by those same invaders whom they worship today ?
Becoz they have nothing left to fall back. They despise their ancestral culture.

Now, you my poor friend, are wasting your precious life and instead of doing something positive that could actually do some good to the present condition of ure country ure teaching us the punjabi history ?
hell world dont even know if there is any Punjab in Pakistan.

The real name of Porus-> Purushottam!

Quite an Islamic name I must say. ;)

Regrettably, while the rest of your post 785 doesn't live up to the bright promise of your first paragraph, there is nothing better in this thread, with the exception of Developereo's terse interventions keeping the liberal point of view uncompromised and out of the reach of muck. That is most appreciated, but it also leaves us with the problem that, apart from that, there is nothing particularly striking about the rest: just a mish-mash of muddled logic and an apparent inability to put together even a single logical argument based on facts - facts validated and tested by professional historians, not facts emerging from 'mother-in-law' research (I know because my mother-in-law told me so).

What choice do we have? This is as good as it gets.

Joe Shearer said:
It is regrettable that you start with the proposition that it is impossible to have a debate with "bharati" people (incidentally, the use of that term is considered as derogatory as the use of the term P***, so please desist from using it in future), without considering that in a debate, while two opposite opinions may be held initially, the premise of the debate must be that facts and their rational analysis will finally prevail, not a dogged insistence on having one's own opinion upheld. Unless you free yourselves to consider the facts, you will find yourselves continuing to discuss this issue till infinity.

TheStrantrunCurve said:
I had no desire to inflame Indians by calling them bhartis.

Good, good......

TheStrantrunCurve said:
Bharat is an official name of your country, In Urdu we refer to India as Bharat. I have serious reservation over Bharat naming itself India. The name India was shared between both Pakistan and Bharat. Originally it was applied only to Indus valley which Alexander invaded but later it was applied to whole south Asia. When Pakistan gained its independence from Britons it might have been logical for the new state in the Indus valley to take the name India or even Industan as the valley was called by English sailors but our founder rejected this name given by invaders. We have our history to be proud of and do not need to take the name/identity from invaders. Since you Indians had no history Nehru was right to steal the name India from Indus valley Pakistanis to claim as theirs. You people have nothing to be proud of, it is Pakistanis who should be that Indian ocean is named after their river Indus. You people are known throughout the world due to the achievements of Pakistani ancestors. Jinnah was furious when Bharat chose the name India and felt bharat had hijacked Pakistan’s millennia of civilization.

Pakistani press in its early years used to call India "Bharat" and referred to Indians as "Bharatis.", obviously Pakistani civilian leadership of that time were against this bharati fraud. Even president Eisenhower once referred to Nehru as the "Prime Minister of 'Bharat. It was only after military coup when the loser general Ayub Khan came to power that attitude of the Pakistani press changed bharat became India. Some self defeatist Pakistanis didn’t care about losing their identity to Bhartis but many did care. Pakistan is a child of Indus and I always try my best to not call Bharat as India, since this our heritage and you people have no history this is why you are trying to rob us of our history. I am not the only person who calls Indian bharti there are thousands out there. Why not call yourself bhartis what wrong with this name Bharata was a legendary Hindu hero. You people are obviously suffering from identity crises.

This response of yours is dishonest. There is no other description possible.

In case you are not aware of this yet, a cursory examination of my posts might - barely might - indicate to you that I already have a knowledge of my country's names for itself, as rendered in the Constitution itself, a document which I revere and which I have read more than once.

Yes, Bharat is what my country is called, and is to be called when a reference is made to the name of the country in an Indian language that is not English.

No, neither I nor any other Bharatiya has any objection to being known by the name of our country.

You know this, we know this. In addition, you and we know that the name of your country is Pakistan. That being so, why do we abstain from calling you P_a_k_i_s? Because that is a derogatory, racist name, one used by British louts and drunken ruffians to insult people from Pakistan.

Do you, those of you resident in Great Britain most of all, but others as well, like being called P_a_k_i_s? Do you see no difference between that epithet, that pejorative and Pakistani? That is exactly how we feel when we are insulted by being called Bharti, and not Bharatiya.

So spare us the silly lecture on how the two countries chose their names, and stick to the main subject: if you don't like facing parochial insult, a very good place to start stopping it would be to refrain from parochial insult yourself.

^^
Weak Indians can't even control their own cities let alone ours.

I wish more of you ignored us or held us in contempt but unfortunately for us Pakistanis this is far from reality and even on this forum it's evident which path Indians choose as you have a severe inferiority complex only yourselves can sort out instead of seeking out us Pakistanis to give you an answer, your people have a burning desire to be associated with us.

Its ok my Pakistani friend we accept you the way you are , you dont have to change yourself and your identity for anyone . Be proud of who you are , hold you head up high and walk with your chest out . No need to be ashamed of your true identity .Chin up now , ok . :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude what u r saying is just because of ur own experience..an induvidual's experience which doesn't even matter, u have no facts to support ur claim...i am not saying they arnt punjabis...yes they are punjabis..be it pathans, baloch or people from different ethinic backgrounds....they speak fluent punjabi...but Pakistan's Punjabi poppulation as i mentioned the tribes by name is diff......take my exp..m fluent in punjabi, call myself one...but ethinically m kashmiri...
and m not saying there is no local ethinicities...yes there are gujjars, rajputs etc...and are considerable in number and are proud of tht..but they arnt in majority...cuz as i said around 5 million locals of punjab migrated to india in 1947 who would have been in many more millions if they would ve stayed behind.
dude...trust me here in canada...even my indian friends from indian punjab agree tht our features and everything is diff....
so plz
dont judge a whole poppulation on ur induvidual experience....i have given u links and researches done by writers on people of punjab...in my posts...plz go and check that...Hope this helps !!!

That was insane, wasn't that ?
Its India that has given the bravest of the bravest rulers throughout the history. From Porus to Ashoka to Guru Gobind Singh to Maharana Pratap to Tipu Sultan.

guru gobind singh/or any other sikh warrior, and porus,which you shameless indians try to take credit for were punjabis. not gujaratis,south indians,bengalis,marathis.

why the hell are you trying to take credit for punjabi history? because you dont your own history to be proud of.

and the rest of your post describes your fellow indians.

guru gobind singh/or any other sikh warrior, and porus,which you shameless indians try to take credit for were punjabis. not gujaratis,south indians,bengalis,marathis.

why the hell are you trying to take credit for punjabi history? because you dont your own history to be proud of.

and the rest of your post describes your fellow indians.

Punjab is not in India? or do you think you have the entire punjab to your custody? and More over you have warships named after tipu sultan , dont you have any heroes born in your soil which could be proudly termed yours??

Its ok my Pakistani friend we accept you the way you are , you dont have to change yourself and your identity for anyone . Be proud of who you are , hold you head up high and walk with your chest out . No need to be ashamed of your true identity .Chin up now , ok . :)

farzana shaikh is another pro-indian muhajir.many muhajirs in paksitan are like this,they criticise pakistan because of their love for india.she's most likely from bihar/UP like you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my God LOLLLLLLZZZZZ X 100,000

they'll talk about tippu sultan using not such great words when it suits them best....and now when it suits them, theyll claim him with open arms

kamal hai....honestly

farzana shaikh is another pro-indian muhajir.many muhajirs in paksitan are like this,they criticise pakistan because of their love for india.she's most likely from bihar/UP like you.

no yaara most dont...though some i question their loyalties

but same way, every group has its share of assholes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom