What's new

An Insight into Al-Khalid II MBT.

So German leperod 2 Tank 120 mm gun info which is also used by m1a1 tank out ranges a good number of atgm like tow 2 3650m or other 4000 m range

not sure how Chinese and AK 125mm gun pans out

https://odin.tradoc.army.mil/mediawiki/index.php/Al-Khalid_Chinese/Pakistan_Main_Battle_Tank_(MBT)

530C870F-F591-499C-87E1-3D9BA9D2E7E7.jpeg

Last edited:
hey so yesterday on a rurkish page there was a claim that Pakistan is now buying 282 tanks from Azerbaijan upgraded T55.any info.or this is just mad claim like Serbian One.coz the same amount and tank repeated again????

So German leperod 2 Tank 120 mm gun info which is also used by m1a1 tank out ranges a good number of atgm like tow 2 3650m or other 4000 m range

not sure how Chinese and AK 125mm gun pans out

https://odin.tradoc.army.mil/mediawiki/index.php/Al-Khalid_Chinese/Pakistan_Main_Battle_Tank_(MBT)

View attachment 618681

Its not about the maximum range but about the effective range in AT role, so all the tanks with 120 mm or 125 mm main gun have almost comparable maximum ranges but the effective targeting ranges are different as the armour penetration value of AT rounds decrease with the increase of range, like If am not wrong Abram M1A2 main gun could effectively target up to 3 km range ..... AK gun have a maximum range of 4 KM but effective range for AT role is limited to 2 KM same as T-90 tanks main gun ....

==========================================
@Dazzler

You might find following video interesting ....

BTW after watching it completely all I could find which is worth mentioning is some features which they have discuss mush is related to Digitisation of T-90 M3 Proryv tank as the designer claimed that removal of gunner is possible if required other than this not extraordinary feature is mention in this video

Its not about the maximum range but about the effective range in AT role, so all the tanks with 120 mm or 125 mm main gun have almost comparable maximum ranges but the effective targeting ranges are different as the armour penetration value of AT rounds decrease with the increase of range, like If am not wrong Abram M1A2 main gun could effectively target up to 3 km range ..... AK gun have a maximum range of 4 KM but effective range for AT role is limited to 2 KM same as T-90 tanks main gun ....

==========================================
@Dazzler

You might find following video interesting ....

BTW after watching it completely all I could find which is worth mentioning is some features which they have discuss mush is related to Digitisation of T-90 M3 Proryv tank as the designer claimed that removal of gunner is possible if required other than this not extraordinary feature is mention in this video

Proryv has some glaring shortcomings in FCS and armor. The video is just Russian propaganda nothing more.

Last edited:
Not only does the turrent looks out of proportion ,so does the rest of the tank.
And nine roadwheels!!? Even the Abrahams have 7

This is pure figment from some site - I am sorry. Not real. I hope I didn't hurt anyone's feelings...

BTW T-90 is rather light and maneuverable tank, which is a newer version of T-72.

T-80 AFAIK has glaring shortcomings revealed in the Chechen wars. Just my two cents.

This is pure figment from some site - I am sorry. Not real. I hope I didn't hurt anyone's feelings...

BTW T-90 is rather light and maneuverable tank, which is a newer version of T-72.

T-80 AFAIK has glaring shortcomings revealed in the Chechen wars. Just my two cents.
The only real weakness the Chechen wars showed of the T-80B and T-80BV was the lack of APU. Everything else was more so due to the stupidity of having Tanks go into a city without ERA or Infantry support against rebels that knew a tank's weakness. Of course the T-80B couldn't elevate its gun to 70 degrees and shoot RPG teams on top of a building.

Back
Top Bottom