What's new

An INDIAN insight is necessary!!!!

Our Jatt warriors resisted fiercely but, we were conquered by weapons that have no defense, the love of the Almighty.

memoirs of invaders clearly depicts how brutally your ancestors were attacked,raped and looted..And your height of subservience make you say that all those were love from almighty..I'm sure some years later you will claim drones to be the same too..Anyway lets stick to the topic brother..We can discuss ancient history in history section.

The foreigners were never that plentiful to rule alone, they co-opted the local yeoman and aristrocats, my Jatt people and the Rajputs of the Punjab had an important alliance with Babur and were instrumental in ruling india. The same with other Punjabi's, Sindhi's, Pashtun's etc.

small correction - the rajputs never made alliance with babur.... They were his fiercest enemies( see rana sanga).... It was only during the time of akbar, did the rajputs come under the control of the mughals and that too through marriage not war.....under aurangazeb many rajputs rebelled aginst the mughals again....

small correction - the rajputs never made alliance with babur.... They were his fiercest enemies( see rana sanga).... It was only during the time of akbar, did the rajputs come under the control of the mughals and that too through marriage not war.....under aurangazeb many rajputs rebelled aginst the mughals again....

Many of the Warrior tribes of the Punjab provided soldiers to bolster Babur's army, with the promise of booty and land.

Ancient and Pakistan don't go in the same sentence my dear boy.

Of course that is an opinion, Pakistan is an ancient land, back on the topic - MMS is a sincere man (unless he proves otherwise), that is why he ordered this step to be taken. He is a realist which will increase the chance for the Chinese to go forward.

Many of the Warrior tribes of the Punjab provided soldiers to bolster Babur's army, with the promise of booty and land.

so?? Doesnt contradict my point as rajputs are mainly from rajasthan not punjab

Even after 4 wars - we handled your forces and we are still here sonny, and your grandpa can always return to our country, if he wants - he is most welcome. :pakistan:
Your eyes will be blown apart when you see how much my grandpa hates Pakistan :lol: :lol:

so?? Doesnt contradict my point as rajputs are mainly from rajasthan not punjab

Rajputs during the medieval period were a dominant caste in Northwestern India, including the Punjab region.
As a forward caste, Rajputs have not been counted as a caste in the official census in the Republic of India since 1940. According to the 1911 census in British India, the total Rajput population in the Punjab was 1,635,578,[1] of which 1,222,024 (74.5%) were Muslim, 388,744 (24%) were Hindu and (24,810) (1.5%) were Sikh. Traditionally, in the plains of Punjab, most of the Rajput clans had converted to Islam

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

Your eyes will be blown apart when you see how much my grandpa hates Pakistan :lol: :lol:

Same as the Punjabi's who migrated to Pakistan, they hate india with a passion. :)

Not that i am congress supporter but i am afraid this is a wishful thinking...NDA don't have a magical wand and we have seen this in the 6 years of their power in center...No matter who is in center similar policies are being followed...IO am afraid there is not going to be any big U-turns's, if that is what you are expecting....

Well we cant be sure until we actually see them at the centre , but on matters of national importance BJP has traditionally been hawkish/nationalistic/protective . We didn't have such trouble with the Chinese with the BJP at the helm. Dixit and Dai Banggio engaged in low - profile negotiations , while our ties were on mutual respect.

After the Congress came at the centre , everything from the string of pearls ,to engineers in AK ( occupied Kashmir) , to incursions in 3 sectors ( even in Ladakh ) to stapled visa 's have started happening with regularity . Chinese know that in Geo-politics as in domestic politics , perception is everything and while these developments dont change the military reality on the ground, they portray a dismal image of the way in which our foreign policy is being conducted.

Imo : we should wait till the BJP releases their election manifesto for 2013 and if they pledge to take a firm stand for Indian interests , they should be given a chance to do so at the helm. They have a history of living upto their election promises and and not afraid to introduce radical proposals like POTA etc ( even though it met with severe criticism from several quarters and there were allegations of misuse against political opponents (Vaiko etc) ) .

In matters of foreign policy it would be better to have a person like Nitish /Modi / Advani with a strong and no-nonsense approach rather than the feeble meow -meow of current leaders . Much of his foreign policy troubles with our traditional adverseries ( like in case of Sharm El Sheikh , Chinese negotiations ,) is because of MMS perception as a week , easy-to-please , good-person leader who prefers speeches and values rather than take a strong stand or practical approach.

Rajputs during the medieval period were a dominant caste in Northwestern India, including the Punjab region.
As a forward caste, Rajputs have not been counted as a caste in the official census in the Republic of India since 1940. According to the 1911 census in British India, the total Rajput population in the Punjab was 1,635,578,[1] of which 1,222,024 (74.5%) were Muslim, 388,744 (24%) were Hindu and (24,810) (1.5%) were Sikh. Traditionally, in the plains of Punjab, most of the Rajput clans had converted to Islam

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

Same as the Punjabi's who migrated to Pakistan, they hate india with a passion. :)
Punjabis..but Punjabi muslims..Pakistan means Islam today..no respect for other religions,remember Qadri and Salman Taseer's case?
And Hindus and Sikhs that migrated from Pakistan?What about them?

Punjabis..but Punjabi muslims..Pakistan means Islam today..no respect for other religions,remember Qadri and Salman Taseer's case?
And Hindus and Sikhs that migrated from Pakistan?What about them?

What about them they migrated decades ago. Salman Taser was a Martyr, may Allah grant him a place in heaven. :pakistan:

I think a muslim rajput chief rana hassan khan also fought babur allied with Rana Sanga.... though he was killed in the battle.............

from what little i remember of history, rajputs were basically hindus and sikhs( basically being , as you say, a caste in the hindu caste system) and if any converted to islam, he was no longer considered a rajput( you cant be in the hindu caste system if you are a muslim).......
Anyways i think we are getting off topic here..... Lets just say the majority of the rajputs were against babur under the leadership of rana sangha

How the hell can a Muslim be a Rajput?

Rajput, corretly pronounced Rajpoot in itself is a Sankrit word composed of two roots, Raj+Poot,

Raj means royalty

Poot mean son,

Rajpoot means the son of royalty i.e. a Kshatriya.

How can there be a Kshatriya in Islam?

Back
Top Bottom