What's new

An India-Iran-Israel alliance could be Modi’s legacy

Another side-opinion: India and Pakistan should also end their hostility and start working with each other. There is just enormous potential. They can easily outmatch China or US, considering all the resources are just there. Pointing nukes at each other for eternity won't solve the problem.

Gee...I don't know. Why doesn't Iran and Saudi Arabia end hostilities and just get along and form a powerful alliance or something?

See how that sounds?

Like the Middle East is complicated, South Asian affairs are also very complicated.

A friendly advise: Be mindful with whom your country befriend.

Rubbish.
We dont care about the relation between Israel and Iran or any other ME nations.
We only cares about our own interest
and those 7 million Indians in ME.

Even US and UN cant control such stuff .Then why should we care .

Interesting thought experiment, would be great if it happened, not too appealing though.

First, its way too early for Modi to be thinking about his legacy. He is here for 15 years, 10 at the very least.

Next, it might be true that we have good relations with both Israel and Iran; however, it should matter little if they are mutually antagonistic. We might wish for them to have good relations amongst themselves and can play a constructive role if the opportunity presents itself, but taking such an initiative at this time makes little sense.

We don't appreciate any other country trying to help us improve relations with those we are hostile to, we shouldn't expect either Isreal or iran to feel any differently in a similar context.

We are simply not the mediator of that region and nor should we be looking to be. If anything, lets control SA first.

Interesting thought experiment, would be great if it happened, not too appealing though.

First, its way too early for Modi to be thinking about his legacy. He is here for 15 years, 10 at the very least.

Next, it might be true that we have good relations with both Israel and Iran; however, it should matter little if they are mutually antagonistic. We might wish for them to have good relations amongst themselves and can play a constructive role if the opportunity presents itself, but taking such an initiative at this time makes little sense.

We don't appreciate any other country trying to help us improve relations with those we are hostile to, we shouldn't expect either Isreal or iran to feel any differently in a similar context.

We are simply not the mediator of that region and nor should we be looking to be. If anything, lets control SA first.

Agreed. Relationship b/w Israel and Iran is a strictly bilateral matter and just like India would not appreciate anyone involving themselves in Indo-Pak matters even these countries would not favorably look towards Indian meddling. We should leave the mediation and other superpower games to China, USA, Russia and EU.

What is important is upgrading the Indo-Israeli relationship to the next level. Israel can help us alot in Defense, Intelligence Sharing, Water Management and Agriculture Tech

The challenge of balancing it with our relationship with Iran and Gulf States is also not so daunting as many M.E. countries already co-operate with Israel in a wide range of issues just not openly. As for Iran, I doubt it would care much, they want Indian money for their Oil and Ports, its a pretty transnational relationship and with no direct borders b/w our countries and incompatible values and govt structures i doubt it has any strategic potential.

Despite having massive hard-ons for Israel, none of the Indian members understand the views of the current Israeli government on Iran, nor the popularity or the depth of the hard-core right wing in Israel which seeks to isolate Iran even more. For them, Modi-Ji will prance in, and with some of Chanakya's diplomacy and a raunchy Vedic dance, he will lead Iran, Israel and India to a bed where they will engage in a satisfying threesome.

Iran and Israel in the same alliance? I don't see that happening unless a regime change occurs in Iran.

Back
Top Bottom