What's new

An East Asian Paradigm: Why Chinese Love to Visit Japan ?

One week before return hometown, I had visited HongKong and purchased goods.

Last month when I was in Beijing; man, one thing i notice how everything is so expensive now in Beijing? Seriously such a change in just 2 years? Seems like cost of living in China (specially in big cities) are equivalent to here in the 'states and in Japan. Sometimes even more expensive...

Ahhhh! Well enjoy your 7 day holiday bro. Relax then, no cooking , let mommy cook ;) ;)

Envy you right now.
Five family members and my grandparets together during next 7x days ... we plan self-driving travel by cars to visit nearby tourist destination.

My mom, aunt, and grandmom went to Japan in April, they say Japan is extremely clean, with much better climate compared to my hometown. Japanese male is extremely hardworking that even elderly(the driver) keep doing heavy labour( which is surprise to me because as far as I know, Japanese elderly are generally rich, at least richer than the young & by the way the Chinese generally feel uncomfortable even a bit of guilty when being served by an elder man, especially a kind and humble elder man, my mom & others complained about that and most of the heavy lifting was done by themselves, next time pls send a young guy to do the labour job) but the children are hardly seen. Japanese public facilities & products are very convinient and thoughtful, they say that chinese facilities and goods may catch up in hardware but lag far behind in humanized design. The accomodations are quite good, food is moderate to the chinese tongue(although the volume is inadequate, the japanese people just eat too little), hotel is luxurious(but wi-fi is hard to find). On the other hand, they feel the scenery sites are quite pale and dull compared to the chinese landscape(particularly the parks or gardens are too small and homogeneous, the famous Fuji Mount is monotonous in landview). So they spent all their time to shop and brought home various of sancks and household appliances.

1.Yen devalue~~
Even my physics teacher went to Japan 北海道
The price of it is close to travel in China,very reasonable because Japan is a developed country and costs much fewer than travel in Europe.(5000 vs 25000)

2.And MERS of S.Korea make some of traveler who want to travel in S.Korea go to Japan.

3.Propaganda of Japan,I can see many commercial even in QQ....

4.Many people love traditional architecture.
But food..My physics teacher loses weight after coming back...:angel:
I prefer Sichuan,Guangdong,local(Wuhan) food and Korean food...
Oh,Sushi is okay...My mom could make it by herself...
:smitten:But I like my mom‘s homemade steak most,very delicious..
And I want to go to France and Italy and other European countries first.
Then Chengdu,Yunnan.
Maybe Japan after some years.

But the most important thing isnt travelling,is that
QQ截图20150927131836.png

(※edit: It wasnt kimono...It is unconcerned about Japan,but it's my interest.)

Last edited:
I don't think one should use the phrase "Chinese love to visit xxx". I have been on business trip to Japan once and never was interested to be there as a tourist. The good feeling about Japan might be similar culture, the bad feeling is language barrier and people's attitude towards tourists.

The first night in Japan I had problem to sleep so that I was up watching TV. After sometime a waiter knocked at my door and told me that the sound was too loud. I turned down the sound track. A few minutes later the door was knocked at again. The waiter told me that a guest was disturbed by the flash lights of my TV screen, so that I had to turn off the TV set. The hotel was a two story wood/brick house with 30-40 guest rooms. From this experience I felt that Japanese will normally try not to choose direct confrontation if they encounter difficulties with others. Secondly the doors were not well fit to the room (too big opennings, bad for isolation of sound or lights). This type complain could happen now and then. It did not seem to the waiter or the hotel runner to be better by fixing the doors than door knocking. It's a bit strange to me so I changed hotel the following day.

There are already many Chinese in Japan, look at Yokohama's Chinatown for example. But Japan is an advanced country with a beautiful culture and great history. The food and fashion in Japan are amazing. Now I want some Okonomiyaki and Yakiniku lol.

I don't think one should use the phrase "Chinese love to visit xxx". I have been on business trip to Japan once and never was interested to be there as a tourist. The good feeling about Japan might be similar culture, the bad feeling is language barrier and people's attitude towards tourists.

The first night in Japan I had problem to sleep so that I was up watching TV. After sometime a waiter knocked at my door and told me that the sound was too loud. I turned down the sound track. A few minutes later the door was knocked at again. The waiter told me that a guest was disturbed by the flash lights of my TV screen, so that I had to turn off the TV set. The hotel was a two story wood/brick house with 30-40 guest rooms. From this experience I felt that Japanese will normally try not to choose direct confrontation if they encounter difficulties with others. Secondly the doors were not well fit to the room (too big opennings, bad for isolation of sound or lights). This type complain could happen now and then. It did not seem to the waiter or the hotel runner to be better by fixing the doors than door knocking. It's a bit strange to me so I changed hotel the following day.
Chinese love to visit S.Korea most (before,2014 there are 5.71 million),but it seems that no S.Korean show off..(And they came to China,much more than Japanese)
Recently some Chinese went to Japan for different reason:shopping.
Travelling to S.Korea is cheaper! 2000yuan~3000yuan is enough.
And the economy of S.Korea like Japan,it's very worthwhile to go to S.Korea~~Japan is second~

Last edited:
Chinese love to visit S.Korea most (before,2014 there are 5.71 million),but it seems that no S.Korean show off..(And they came to China,much more than Japanese)
Recently some Chinese went to Japan for different reason:shopping.

Some Shandong coastal cities or Qingdao are allmost colonized by SK clans. If not for cosmetics or plastic surgery what's the pleasure to visit SK where the places are more crowded?

Some Shandong coastal cities or Qingdao are allmost colonized by SK clans. If not for cosmetics or plastic surgery what's the pleasure to visit SK where the places are more crowded?
江原道
江原道1.jpg
江原道2.jpg
江原道3.jpg

Although its traditional architecture cant be compared with China..
But! It costs less and travel to S.Korea is casual like in our own country.:smitten:

Attachments

• 江原道4.jpg
    277.9 KB · Views: 6
How about the downhill skiing places of SK as shown in your first photo? Equally expensive as compared to China?

How about the downhill skiing places of SK as shown in your first photo? Equally expensive as compared to China?
Why u have so much negative impression of S.Korea?
They at least come to China and tell others what China like today.
Unlike Japanese,who prefer to find the gutter and the worst place and post them in 2ch;)
Then say Chinese thing is Japan's.(Nihonjin also likes to do such things:undecided:)

End in
中国は富裕層と貧困層の差がすごいよやっぱり
中国的富裕阶层和贫困阶层的差距果然很大啊

their trip to Suzhou.:toast_sign:
Dare not to post the city photo of Suzhou.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom