What's new

Japan's Shibuya district saying no to Halloween

Finally some pushback against this shit.
1698747137889.png

Japan introduced this to Asia, and they might be the first one to cut it out.

Halloween is consumerist American brainwashing culture, the americans don't celebrate asian festivals, why the heck do we celeberate their?

It's banned in that area, you can dress up but you cannot gather too long to form a mob and the popular areas like the Hachiko statue is sealed off.

And I'm glad it happens, things are a changing, American culture isn't expected to be just accepted anymore.

Jesus dude you're like a dog with a bone. Get some Hobbies my bro

You started this thread saying it was banned in that area. Someone else came into this thread and provided evidence that it is being celebrated in that area

Jesus dude you're like a dog with a bone. Get some Hobbies my bro

You started this thread saying it was banned in that area. Someone else came into this thread and provided evidence that it's not
Just stating the news.

Again, people are still allowed to dress up, but they are restricted from forming mob.
And you can clearly see that percentage of people dressing up have dropped.

Just stating the news.

Again, people are still allowed to dress up, but they are restricted from forming mob.
And you can clearly see that percentage of people dressing up have dropped.

Well of course people shouldn't be forming mobs and causing damage. When did I say they shouldn't?

it's okay to admit you're wrong. It doesn't make you any less of a person. You said it was not being celebrated in that area of Japan. It clearly is

Well of course people shouldn't be forming mobs and causing damage. When did I say they shouldn't?

it's okay to admit you're wrong. It doesn't make you any less of a person. You said it was not being celebrated in that area of Japan. It clearly is
Halloween activities here mean forming mob and cause troubles. And yes, they ban these acitivities.
So no, I'm not being wrong, sorry.

Halloween activities here mean forming mob and cause troubles. And yes, they ban these acitivities.
So no, I'm not being wrong, sorry.

You said they weren't celebrating Halloween and you were wrong. It's okay to admit you're wrong.

Someone came into this thread and provided evidence that contradicts what you said

You said they weren't celebrating Halloween and you were wrong. It's okay to admit you're wrong.

Someone came into this thread and provided evidence that contradicts what you said
I didn't say they ban celebrating Halloween, they obviously do still celebrate it.
What I said is that Japan's Shibuya district banned Halloween activities, and this is true.

And no, the evidence in this thread shows that there are significant amount of cops maintaining the order, proving that they indeed enforce the law against Halloween activities.

What is the history behind Halloween? Is it religious or just a cultural thing? I never understood or saw anyone celebrate this festival here.

What is the history behind Halloween? Is it religious or just a cultural thing? I never understood or saw anyone celebrate this festival here.
It is an Irish harvest festival that got bastardized into a consumerist event where people dress up as demons and ghosts.

Now most people know it as the latter and use it to make troubles.

Don't ask me, nobody forced you to celebrate Halloween. If you choose not to celebrate that your business.

I'm too old to trick or treat so doesn't affect me one way or the other. But if others want to celebrate, that's their prerogative

I have a lot of respect for Japan, so it's not like I'm going to criticize what they want to do. It's their business
dirty evil capitalist pigs put a gun to his head and forced him to dress up and go trickortreating

It is an Irish harvest festival that got bastardized into a consumerist event where people dress up as demons and ghosts.

Now most people know it as the latter and use it to make troubles.

Ok, just did some google search.

Halloween had its origins in the festival of Samhain among the Celts of ancient Britain and Ireland. On the day corresponding to November 1 on contemporary calendars, the new year was believed to begin. That date was considered the beginning of the winter period, the date on which the herds were returned from pasture and land tenures were renewed. During the Samhain festival the souls of those who had died were believed to return to visit their homes, and those who had died during the year were believed to journey to the otherworld. People set bonfires on hilltops for relighting their hearth fires for the winter and to frighten away evil spirits, and they sometimes wore masks and other disguises to avoid being recognized by the ghosts thought to be present. It was in those ways that beings such as witches, hobgoblins, fairies, and demons came to be associated with the day. The period was also thought to be favourable for divination on matters such as marriage, health, and death. When the Romans conquered the Celts in the 1st century ce, they added their own festivals of Feralia, commemorating the passing of the dead, and of Pomona, the goddess of the harvest.

Japan media reports: fewer costumes in Halloween day, "DO NOT COME" banner in Shibuya.

We won.

Back
Top Bottom