What's new

An architect explains why turning new Andhra capital into ‘Bahubali’ sets is a ridiculous idea

What kind of Capital City Do people of Andhra and rest of India wants ?

• Total voters

Kashmiri Pandit

Reaction score
Country
India
48153-nfzfixrwit-1482816619.JPG

In the early 1950s, when Kengal Hanumanthaiah was chief minister of Mysore, a Russian delegation visited Bangalore. On being taken around the city, some of the Russian members repeatedly asked him: “Have you no architecture of your own? The ones you have are all European buildings.”

This admonishment motivated Hanumanthaiah to envision an indigenous model for his capitol, later the Vidhan Soudha – a monumental pastiche of neo-Dravidian and Indo-Saracenic stylings. This building is, even today, the most popular tourist site in Bangalore.

While that might have been the first time that the leader of an independent Indian state sought to resurrect the forms from the past to symbolise links with the present, it certainly does not seem to be the last.

According to news reports in mid-December, Andhra Pradesh’s Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu wants Rajamouli, the Telugu film-maker who made the blockbuster Bahubali: The Beginning, to contribute his design skills to the architecture of the main government and administrative complex of Amaravati – the proposed new capital for Naidu’s newly truncated state.

The reports have created a ripple of indignation among architects and urban planners, who were already sore with the Andhra government for inviting foreign experts to plan the new city and design its capitol complex, neglecting Indian talent.

https://scroll.in/magazine/825094/n...sets-an-architect-explains-why-its-a-bad-idea

What kind of City Do people of Andhra want ?

A mythological one like in Bahubali
mtwtneepte-1482658082.jpg

or a Western one like this
yvapwwohhy-1482657951.jpg

if modern amneties such as electricity, water supply, sewage etc can be successfully incorporated in old design buildings, then why not ?

There were toilets , sewage , roads , water supply in Civilization of IV :P

:pleasantry:

Modern amenities with Mythological architecture, nothing wrong. It will ruffle a few feathers of libbies.

48153-nfzfixrwit-1482816619.JPG

In the early 1950s, when Kengal Hanumanthaiah was chief minister of Mysore, a Russian delegation visited Bangalore. On being taken around the city, some of the Russian members repeatedly asked him: “Have you no architecture of your own? The ones you have are all European buildings.”

This admonishment motivated Hanumanthaiah to envision an indigenous model for his capitol, later the Vidhan Soudha – a monumental pastiche of neo-Dravidian and Indo-Saracenic stylings. This building is, even today, the most popular tourist site in Bangalore.

While that might have been the first time that the leader of an independent Indian state sought to resurrect the forms from the past to symbolise links with the present, it certainly does not seem to be the last.

According to news reports in mid-December, Andhra Pradesh’s Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu wants Rajamouli, the Telugu film-maker who made the blockbuster Bahubali: The Beginning, to contribute his design skills to the architecture of the main government and administrative complex of Amaravati – the proposed new capital for Naidu’s newly truncated state.

The reports have created a ripple of indignation among architects and urban planners, who were already sore with the Andhra government for inviting foreign experts to plan the new city and design its capitol complex, neglecting Indian talent.

https://scroll.in/magazine/825094/n...sets-an-architect-explains-why-its-a-bad-idea

What kind of City Do people of Andhra want ?

A mythological one like in Bahubali
mtwtneepte-1482658082.jpg

or a Western one like this
yvapwwohhy-1482657951.jpg
"to contribute his design skills to the architecture of the main government and administrative complex of Amaravati – the proposed new capital " CM is just asking for design skill in main building that is secretrate or assembly not entire city . Read before you comment.

"to contribute his design skills to the architecture of the main government and administrative complex of Amaravati – the proposed new capital " CM is just asking for design skill in main building that is secretrate or assembly not entire city . Read before you comment.

I was asking for the sake of asking :azn: Who knows till its completed .
We all know how we bragged about making something like Wembley and ended up like JLN in Delhi :rolleyes:

“Have you no architecture of your own? The ones you have are all European buildings.”
They should have been transported to an Historic city then. Building a fake mythological city is ridiculous when India is filled with Historic cities which need to be developed. Its a major waste of resources.
A modern city that display culture and history can be built without these

lol..... but i only got to know Civ V, that too i lost interest in favor of FPS ones. RTS or RPs or TPS were never my forte.

:D:D
The balloon of RTS bursts too soon . Age of Mythologies , Empires , Command & Conqueror etc :cry: They get too messy
I like RPG's those from Japan . Not a big fan of Western Rpg's .

:D:D
The balloon of RTS bursts too soon . Age of Mythologies , Empires , Command & Conqueror etc :cry: They get too messy
I like RPG's those from Japan . Not a big fan of Western Rpg's .

When it comes to japanese games I have started to like Visual Novels. RPGs have the action but I like how VNs connect the main character to the player. Its like a novel and deeper.
The first one I played was Katawa shoujo and then fate/Stay night. I got World End Economica which goes to some issues about Capitalism and how it brings wealth but lack of proper regulations increasing inequality and corruption.

Then I learnt that you shoud to research about the VN before downloading them after I downloaded Kara no Shoujo thinking it would be just a normal detective story but it only makes you wonder about the developer's sanity.
199xpi602ugexjpg.jpg

When it comes to japanese games I have started to like Visual Novels. RPGs have the action but I like how VNs connect the main character to the player. Its like a novel and deeper.
The first one I played was Katawa shoujo and then fate/Stay night. I got World End Economica which goes to some issues about Capitalism and how it brings wealth but lack of proper regulations increasing inequality and corruption.

Then I learnt that you shoud to research about the VN before downloading them after I downloaded Kara no Shoujo thinking it would be just a normal detective story but it only makes you wonder about the developer's sanity.
199xpi602ugexjpg.jpg

Most Visual Novels I came across were Erotic . Ecchi and Hentai as they say in Japan :wub:
Only a Hand full low rated ones were non Erotic .

Fault-Milestone
Fault-Milestone two
I have played 1 chapter of Fault Milestone One .

Then there are Dungeon Crawler games that offer good game play with Visual Novel like content

Ray Gigant
Mind Zero
Stranger of Sword City

Most Visual Novels I came across were Erotic . Ecchi and Hentai as they say in Japan :wub:
Only a Hand full low rated ones were non Erotic .

Fault-Milestone
Fault-Milestone two
I have played 1 chapter of Fault Milestone One .

Then there are Dungeon Crawler games that offer good game play with Visual Novel like content

Ray Gigant
Mind Zero
Stranger of Sword City

A large number of them are sexual but those content rarely affect the story in a negative way(there is a seperate genre called Nukige if you are only into those:D).

I play VNs for the story and I don't mind sexual content as long as the story is good
But in Kara no shoujo murders are shown from the murderers perspective and they are really hard to watch even though its mostly text and a few of images. I think its looking from a mentally ill murderers perspective that makes it disturbing

A large number of them are sexual but those content rarely affect the story in a negative way(there is a seperate genre called Nukige if you are only into those:D).

I play VNs for the story and I don't mind sexual content as long as the story is good
But in Kara no shoujo murders are shown from the murderers perspective and they are really hard to watch even though its mostly text and a few of images. I think its looking from a mentally ill murderers perspective that makes it disturbing

Don't corrupt my poor soul ;)
I am also not good with disturbing things . I like mature tone to things but Gore and Graphic is what kills me :butcher:

Back
Top Bottom