What's new

Amrullah Saleh's take on the HPC's meeting with Mullah Baradar

pakistani342

Reaction score
Country
United States
This what Amrullah Saleh's Facebook page says on the matter -- were this not a matter of gravity, I'd be in stitches.

Imaginary Peace in the hands of a sedated prisoner:
“I was transported by a helicopter from Islamabad to another location. It appeared to be a military base. After waiting for about an hour in a beautiful house that was very well furnished – I said I am the head of Afghanistan’s high peace council (Salahuddin Rabbani) and I am here to meet Mullah Baradar. The Pakistani officer replied – I apologize for the inconvenience but he is generally asleep at this time of the day. With obvious frustration in my voice, I demanded to be led to his room even if he was asleep. After entering his room, I found a thick bearded man, sound asleep on the bed. I was unsuccessful in waking him up despite trying for almost 15 minutes. It was evident that he was sedated. I couldn’t wake him up. I realized that he will never be allowed to wake up in order to meet me. I returned to Kabul.”
Discussion: After receiving this shocking report, Afghan government gets in touch with Nawaz Sharif in order to clarify the validity and credibility of his earlier promise. Nawaz Sharif states that based on these circumstances you should know who has the ultimate say in controlling the peace process or war in this region – and he says ‘I hope you understand my limitations as well
PS: I consider it a deep bruise in the face of High Peace Council and the Afghanistan’s government as a whole. The dignity of our land and State be outmost dear to us and safeguarded.

The original is here

Back
Top Bottom