What's new

Amir Tataloo sings in defense of Nuclear Rights (Video)

I know

Gul/Gol > flower
Anaar > Pomegranate. Because Naar is similar to Anaar I thought it was pomegranate.

For fire I thought it was "Sokhta".

Soukhteh means something which is burnt. Fire in Persian is Aatash(commonly used), and naar is lesser used(mostly in traditional literature texts).

Naar = Fire
Anaar=Pomegranate
Gol=Flower
Well that's correct if somebody want to speak persian correctly but as you know "چو قافیه به تنگ آید - شاعر به جفنگ آید" if its a song you must look at the context its possible that poem use Gole Naar and mean pomegranate.

Last edited:
@Shapur Zol Aktaf I love the "Gol e Naar". Does that mean pomegranete flower?
And thanks for sharing. I wish I could speak Persian.
You're welcome. Yes it means pomegranate flower, it's also a name (Golnar).
Nar is derived from Anar (pomegranate).
Arabic Nar/naar (fire) is not used in Persian language.

Last edited:
You're welcome. Yes it means pomegranate flower, it's also a name (Golnar).
Nar is derived from Anar (pomegranate).
Arabic Nar/naar (fire) is not (often) used in Persian language.

Thanks. I was thinking this. We often spell it "Gulnar" and I know Gul means flowers. Anaar means pomegranate. Lot of the books by Pakistan's national poet Allama Iqbal are in Persian.

Muhammad Iqbal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

@2800 That link keeps showing as "error".

I left if for 5 minutes. Did you get it? And I am listening now to Sivavash Ghomayshi on Youtube. Very good. The song is Zindagi ( life? )

Last edited:
I left if for 5 minutes. Did you get it? And I am listening now to Sivavash Ghomayshi on Youtube. Very good. The song is Zindagi ( life? )
Yeah that's it. I also sent you another links. Some words are forbidden to use in pdf. Like dow...d and al...m and my posts remain disappeared. However doesn't matter since I mailed you.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom