What's new

Amir Khan demolishes Salita

you should have said british vs american or pakistani british vs american.

Why ?

when half the crowd were putting the Israeli flags
Salita isn't Israeli but a Jew
I'm sorry if it seem ok for a jew to show his/hers relious identity in a
compitition then i see no harm for muslim doing so or even mentioning.

If you are concern about it then please your anger on the folks who brought the Israeli flags.

I know it but I mean to say that in my last post, Vijender Singh is the No. 1 boxer (75 kg) in world ranking...

Vijender Singh is an unknown quantity in the boxing world, Amir Khan is an established World Champion in his weight division. I don't know where you came up with this dream match-up, because Amir Khan will have to take a major dive in competition levels to box Vijender in the next 2 years, unless Vijender becomes a pro and a contender within 2 years, which is highly unlikely. I mean, they're talking about Khan fighting Manny Pacquiao, pound-for-pound number 1 in the world right now, some time in the next 2 years. They're talking about how Khan will bull-doze through Ricky Hatton, the one-time pound-for-pound number 2 in the world. They're talking about Khan contending in Las Vegas or New York, and maybe even in a main event. ESPN has ranked Khan third in his weight division, whereas most experts rank him second (above Ricky Hatton). He's been termed the most exciting prospect to be coming up out of Europe right now. You should hear the way HBO and ESPN experts talk about him, they see him as the next big thing in boxing.

Vijender Singh is not even in the top 15 in his weight group. In fact, he isn't even a professional boxer, he's an amateur, and was ranked (in the past) as the top "amateur boxer" in his weight class by AIBA. All he's got to show are amateur medals. I mean, I hate to hate on the guy, he probably has a lot of potential, but where did you come up with this match-up? Amir Khan is PPV Championship material, Singh isn't any of that. Maybe this would have been a credible match-up back in 2004 when Amir Khan won a Silver Medal in the Olympics, but even back then, everybody knew Khan was going to go pro some day.

So, let me break it down. Here is what will have to happen for this fight to happen:
- VK Singh goes Pro
- VK Singh fights a significant name in boxing, and wins
- VK Singh fights another significant name in boxing, and wins
- VK singh moves down weight class and fights another significant name in boxing, and wins.
- VK Singh becomes the next contender for the Super Lightweight title.
- Amir Khan does not move a single step above where he is now, and is desperately looking for a fight.

You think this is likely to happen anytime soon?

My prediction for the next Khan fight: Khan goes to the US and fights either Devon Alexander (19-0) or Paulie Malignaggi (26-3). Who's going to win? I have no idea. Khan would go in as an underdog against both of them.

Back
Top Bottom