What's new

America's 'everything' fighter jet is a total disaster

So what happened to the V-22 Osprey critics ? Let me guess, they joined the F-35 critics. :lol:
So true.

Mr Obama when limited F-22s to just 180 and scrapped future production, indirectly had pushed LM to move faster with F-35 in both Air Force and Naval versions. I would rather replace the word OPTIMISTIC with FUTURISTIC as no matter how advanced LM's capability was in handling sensitive jets like F-35s, they were suppose to have encountered bumps in this case. On contrary F-35 was suppose to take down its opponent in stealth mode and never indulge in dogfight, so complaining about these issues are a bit unjustified with me as its doing its main job quite efficiently.

Produced
F-22: 1996–2011
Number built 195 (8 test and 187 operational aircraft)

Just 195 F-22 (plus some 260 F-35 of all variants by late 2015), as compared to e.g. 5 prototype and 12 PAK-FA ordered, entering service from 2016 on, and 8 prototype and 1 pre-production J-20 and 1 J-31 prototype just yet.

F-35 program wasn't disastrous but what affected the program was timing to market the AC. To me it was like announced it in the Market to gain superiority (psychologically) against opponents rest the program is indeed about to put almost everything in one. Due to the same announcement so earlier, the manufacturer rushed to fulfill the promise so sometimes these type of claims causing mistiming appears to be disaster but in the end it is not at all.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom