What's new

Americans try Arab (mostly Saudi Arabian) cuisine

A thread that I created about the significant changes (positive ones) undergoing in KSA ever since King Salman ascended to the throne and in particular ever since MbS gained more influence and power.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/nati...ed-during-this-event-that-bounds-well.520724/

I forgot to mention the reconciliation of Fatah and Hamas which is also a postiive news.

As for NEOM, see the two links in post 59.

I have seen the series before and it made me both homesick and hungry lol.

There have been a lot of positive changes but I will admit, I didn’t see the same hope you did several years ago but I have been pleasantly surprised by the recent developments. As for MBS, actually my dad recently met him and he said he was very nice, even took a selfie with him!

I deleted the other post because I double posted the question then messed it up somehow. Clearly, I forgot how to post a simple comment on this website lol.

Tell me about it bro!

I remember that and us discussing it. It's very easy to be pessimistic but really when you think about it from a bigger perspective (I tend to look at events from a historical perspective) the Arab world, given it's key position in the world's history and everything that it contains of resources (human included) and potential, is bound to be successful eventually and once again like it has been throughout almost all of recorded history. Really, it's just in the past 500 years IMO, that things have been going downwards but that is quickly changing nowadays.

That's amazing. Did he meet him in the US during one of his official visits or was it in KSA? Just curious.

No problem, I think that we will survive.:lol:

Did he meet him in the US during one of his official visits or was it in KSA? Just curious.
He met him at the Future Investment Initiative in Riyadh. My dad works for the Central Bank of Jordan and was invited to attend.

I forgot to mention the reconciliation of Fatah and Hamas which is also a postiive news
This is one that has been frustrating me for years. I’m glad they finally got their sh*t together and united, frankly. If they stay united they will have a much stronger position as far as Palestinian statehood.

He met him at the Future Investment Initiative in Riyadh. My dad works for the Central Bank of Jordan and was invited to attend.

This is one that has been frustrating me for years. I’m glad they finally got their sh*t together and united, frankly. If they stay united they will have a much stronger position as far as Palestinian statehood.

That's even cooler! I really appreciate the deep ties between KSA and Jordan and our people. Hopefully the government will always have the back of Jordan and help the country whenever needed and on every front.

Can't state how happy I am to see beneficial cooperation between Arabs.

BTW I forgot to mention the Saudi Arabian-Iraqi reconciliation which is also something quite amazing in the sense that it would never have occurred under Al-Maliki. I don't recall if you remember this but I praised Al-Abadi a lot when he was elected and I more or less predicated him succeeding when everything was doom and gloom and people thought, who is that small man without any charisma. Really happy for him and first of all Iraq and Iraqis as they deserve good leadership. Much is yet to be done but that is another discussion. Anyway personally this is huge news for me as well as you might know.

My relatives in the UK knew Al-Abadi (not close friends but nevertheless) and knew the Arab circles that he mingled with. In those days the Arab community in the UK was a more close-knitted community in the sense that there were fewer of us. From that point on I knew that he would succeed. The most difficult part was removing the clown in power (Al-Maliki) whom I have never hidden that I dislike greatly.

Israel and other outsiders are trying to play them out. Certain Arab regimes have had an unfortunate role in this regard (due to past wars of ideology in the region - Cold War says hello but also the post-era) previously but so have all other regional actors.

I always say to Palestinians whenever I discuss this, similarly with Yemenis nowadays due to the conflict there (which is once again reminiscent of the North-South divide) that if you unite, it will be a lot easier to solve common problems and disagreements and be less exposed to outside influences. All this is of course easier said than done but I know for a fact that KSA, Egypt and Jordan were involved in the meditation between Hamas and Fatah.

As for the GCC/Qatar row (which I believe will end quickly once Qatar stops its harmful policies - they are being forced to change with Al-Jubeir explained eloquently in those videos below and most recently during the Chatham House discussion):

Also talks about the relationship with Iraq from minute 10:47. @TheCamelGuy

What Qatar needs to change:

BTW I forgot to mention the Saudi Arabian-Iraqi reconciliation which is also something quite amazing in the sense that it would never have occurred under Al-Maliki. I don't recall if you remember this but I praised Al-Abadi a lot when he was elected and I more or less predicated him succeeding when everything was doom and gloom and people thought, who is that small man without any charisma. Really happy for him and first of all Iraq and Iraqis as they deserve good leadership. Much is yet to be done but that is another discussion. Anyway personally this is huge news for me as well as you might know.
Yes, I saw recently that Muqtada al Sadr (senior Iraqi politician) met with both MbS and King Abdullah II so it seems there will be closer relations between Iraq and both of our countries and this will help to defeat the destructive influence of sectarianism within the Arab world, and take Iraq out from under Iranian hegemony. As al Jubeir said in the interview: “Iran’s interest is to dominate, not to provide good.” I couldn’t agree more.

As for the situation for Qatar, honestly I find the whole affair very unfortunate. It’s the same situation here as the Hamas-Fatah situation; the GCC is only formidable if the members are on the same page. I absolutely understand the Saudi postion on this but I’m sure you also see the recent animosity this has created between Arabs. I hope Qatar will see in time it’s in its own best interest to align with its neighbors.

Sorry for the late response, as I wanted to watch the links you provided before responding.

Yes, I saw recently that Muqtada al Sadr (senior Iraqi politician) met with both MbS and King Abdullah II so it seems there will be closer relations between Iraq and both of our countries and this will help to defeat the destructive influence of sectarianism within the Arab world, and take Iraq out from under Iranian hegemony. As al Jubeir said in the interview: “Iran’s interest is to dominate, not to provide good.” I couldn’t agree more.

As for the situation for Qatar, honestly I find the whole affair very unfortunate. It’s the same situation here as the Hamas-Fatah situation; the GCC is only formidable if the members are on the same page. I absolutely understand the Saudi postion on this but I’m sure you also see the recent animosity this has created between Arabs. I hope Qatar will see in time it’s in its own best interest to align with its neighbors.

Sorry for the late response, as I wanted to watch the links you provided before responding.

Precisely.

Sure however even the pro-Qatar lot (mostly ignorant people unfortunately) will eventually realize that KSA/UAE/Bahrain/Egypt were on the right side. I expect Qatar to change its policy and we have already seen this happening since June if you watch the second video that I posted. Al-Jubeir explains it well.

As Adel al-Jubeir said, the Qatar issue is a very small issue. A non-issue really compared to other issues. So I don't even focus on this any longer. What is certain is that the future of Qatar is closely tied to that of KSA and the GCC and wider Arab world and nothing will ever change that or the fact that the 320.000 or so native Qataris, 90% of them, are fairly recent arrivals from KSA, including the ruling family. Brothers that are this close will not fight each other unless hell breaks lose or something catastrophic happens.

BTW a good development in Lebanon as well. I am sure that you have heard about it. Hariri stepping back. Check this thread out:

Not for vegetarians.

The cook is Egyptian hence the Egyptian accent.

My favorite cake (eaten in KSA and Iraq only) called Kleicha/Kleeja. Ancient recipe (one of the oldest in the world). The ones eaten in KSA tend to be larger otherwise there is not a too big difference.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kleicha

Examples of many Saudi Arabian dishes;

Last edited by a moderator:
10 Saudi Arabian Women Specialized in the Culinary Arts
amna_alyaman.jpg

dhoha_abdullah.jpeg

khalida_al_sulaiman.png

basma_al_khuraiji.jpg

khulood_olaqi.jpg

noura_almoammar.jpg

budoor_al_solami.jpg

main_asma_tabaaji.jpg

wed_saleh.jpg

https://www.abouther.com/node/20316...abian-women-specialized-culinary-arts#slide/1

Description about each chef above. Cannot copy the text from the link above.

51CFHkZmJ4L.jpg

1 million views.

Small glimpse of Hijazi cuisine with 1 Bahraini brother joining in.

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom