What's new

American v.s Russian Small Arms. Which is better?

Who makes better small arms? The Americans or Russians?

• America

Votes: 18 64.3%
  • Russia

Votes: 10 35.7%

• Total voters

Hakan

RETIRED INTL MOD
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
This question includes Assault Rifles, sub machine guns, pistols, lmg's etc.

The answer is "Even USA copies Ak47 and upgrades it's new variants". Pros and cons. :coffee:

This topic has been debated to death...but here is my 50 cents: Depends on what you are looking for in a firearm. The Russians make firearms that are rugged, reliable, cheap, easy to produce and simple to use. Examples of this philosophy can be found in the iconic AK series, the Tokarev TT-33 and Makarov pistols, PKM lmg and SVD rifle.
The Americans on the other hand prefer weapons with aesthetic appeal, accuracy and greater application of the latest developments in weapons manufacture and philosophy.
I myself prefer the Russians stuff.

It depends on many things - personally, I prefer Russian but that's probably because most of the American stuff is so damn expensive.
People who don't mind a hard, rugged and relatively ugly weapon would love Russian weapons like the AK, SKS, Saiga or the ubiquitous TT pistols. On the other hand, the Americans make great plastic-y light and polished weapons, the AR 15/ M4 being a prime example.

Practically speaking (i.e weapons I have used and seen), Russian weapons are great.

For handguns:

-Sig p229/226(German frame)
-HK 45(German frame)
-HK USP(German Frame)
-Colt M1911(American)

Assault rifles:

-DPS/Bushaster m4/m16(American frame)
-Ak 103(Russian frame)
-More m4 variants

Sniper Rifle:

-Dragonuv

:D

Russian small arms are more versatile. AK for short range. Dragunov for medium to long range. The US mostly only uses M16 / M4 which is an assault rifle.

Russian small arms are more versatile. AK for short range. Dragunov for medium to long range. The US mostly only uses M16 / M4 which is an assault rifle.
Err... Dude, the US has M21s, M40s, Barret M82s and countless weapons for long ranges. A simple wikipedia search would tell you that.

Almost all match grade rifles are on an AR frame.
When I go to war I am not going for a benchrest competition...keep those pansy *** ARs away from me...shooting an AR is like shooting a pellet gun.

How many snipers are in the US? Probably like 100. Russia has 100,000+ snipers.

You want to take one from my 'pellet gun' ? These kids don't have a clue.:rofl:

STILL talking out your @ss, chief.:rofl:
Yup I've shot both the AK and the AR and to be honest I would much rather take a bolt gun to war.

Back
Top Bottom