What's new

American Politics | News and Discussions

Typically ethnicity goes with last name. Obama is African because it is an African name even though his mom is a Dunham which is English.
I get that but blood is still mixed.

Scottish and Irish are Celtic. English is Germanic.
Not according to genetic testing, most of indigenous folks of England are descended form the original inhabitants of the UK, their was very little input from Germany, and that too was confined to places such as Norfolk, and it was only males who migrated/invaded.

Not according to genetic testing, most of indigenous folks of England are descended form the original inhabitants of the UK, their was very little input from Germany, and that too was confined to places such as Norfolk, and it was only males who migrated/invaded.

Celtic have black or dark hair. Nordic have blond hair. 30% of English have blond hair. 30% of English are Nordic.

Celtic have black or dark hair. Nordic have blond hair. 30% of English have blond hair. 30% of English are Nordic.
Very scientific assessment, you should publish a paper on this, an erudite fellow you are.Kudos

Common sense will tell you it is folk from British Isles, if what you state is correct then instead of English they would be speaking German BTW Trump himself is half Scottish.Kudos Ultron

Because originally the first colonies where mostly British so English was the main language. First generations of German immigrants in the US spoke German (not really Hochdeutsch but rather their dialect from the part of Germany they came from) with their families and English with other people. And over time English spread among all the population.

Just look at the end of a US movie the names and you'll find a lot of German names even if some have been Anglicized (ie Snyder for Schneider).

I could add that there is a "sun belt" a "bible belt" but also a "German belt".

I frequently call Americans "the English speaking Germans" and I'm surprised that so many people ignore that fact.

jkj7yxih.jpg

Last edited:
Trump is half German half Scottish

His face cut is more Scottish I think

remnick-trump-press-1200.jpg

Also the German blue eye colour is somewhat of a piercing blue color

Joschka+Fischer+Gerhard+Schroeder+Job+Summit+W7K3L0Suw6zl.jpg

Nikki Haley Chosen as U.N. Ambassador.

President-elect Donald J. Trump on Wednesday named Gov. Nikki Haley of South Carolina as his choice to become ambassador to the United Nations, adding to his prospective cabinet a former critic with whom he had sparred bitterly.

Ms. Haley’s name had previously been mentioned as a possible contender to become Mr. Trump’s secretary of state, and she met with Trump transition officials last week in New York.

Her selection was first reported by the The Post and Courier newspaper in Charleston, S.C. The news of Ms. Haley’s selection came after days of criticism of Mr. Trump’s early picks as a homogeneous bloc of older, white men. If confirmed, Ms. Haley would step down as governor and be replaced by the state’s lieutenant governor, Henry McMaster, who was an early and vocal supporter of Mr. Trump.

Ms. Haley, 44, supported Senator Marco Rubio of Florida during the Republican primaries, and she was a prominent and frequent critic of Mr. Trump early in his run.

That criticism was thought to have kept her off Mr. Trump’s list of vice-presidential candidates, although her name was mentioned in passing before he chose Gov. Mike Pence of Indiana.

More: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/23/us/politics/nikki-haley-donald-trump-un-ambassador.html?_r=0

Here are five key points you need to know about Governor Haley, who has described herself as the "proud daughter of Indian parents," and India "her second home."

Born to immigrants from Punjab

Nikki Haley, née Nimrata Randhawa, was born in 1972 in Bamberg, South Carolina, to to Ajit Singh Randhawa and Raj Kaur Randhawa, who migrated to the United States from Punjab's Amritsar district.

Governor of her home state

Nikki Haley was only 38 when she became the governor of South Carolina in 2011. In doing so, she became the southern state's first non-Caucasian - as well as its first Asian-American governor. She's only the second Indian-American governor of a US state, the first being former Louisiana governor Bobby Jindal.

Second term

She won the governorship again in 2015. At 44, she is currently the youngest serving governor in the United States.

Not a Trump fan from the beginning

Haley endorsed Senators Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz during the Republican Primary election, but backed Trump during the general elections. "The best person based on the policies and dealing with things like Obamacare still is Donald Trump. That doesn't mean it's an easy vote, but it does mean I'm watching out for the people of South Carolina...and that's who I will be voting for on November 8," she explained last month, justifying her choice to vote for a man who'd once said the people of South Carolina were "embarrassed" by her.

The Haley family
She is married to Michael Haley. They had both a church wedding and a Sikh gurudwara ceremony. The couple have two children, Rena and Nalin

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Who-is-Nikki-Haley-Five-key-points/listshow/55586434.cms

Back
Top Bottom