What's new

American Football

conference games tonite starting late night/early morning - going to have to get up early!!!
Go 9ers!

2 9er mistakes cost the team 10 points.
great effort by the 9er D - offense gave up the ball too many times to manning and he bit us at the end.
any way great season for the 9ers
better draft some WR's

i really looooooove this game but how do u play it?

The team on offense gets 4 chances to move the ball 10 yards. If they cross the 10 yard mark, they get a NEW set of 4 chances. Those are called "downs." First, second, third, fourth. If they reach the end zone, they get 6 points, with a kick afterward adding a point. If they can't make it to the end zone, can they kick it through the upright goal bars? If so, 3 points. If not, they "punt", kick the ball as far away as possible so the other team has further to go to score.

That's it in a nutshell.

- Only ONE forward pass allowed in a play, although you can pass backwards as much as you want.
- If you can drive the other team BACKWARDS into their end zone, that's called a safety, you get 2 points, AND you get the ball
- Receivers must be allowed to have a play on a passed ball, or it's "pass interference", a penalty
- You cannot grasp an opposing player unless he has the ball. You can only block them. Otherwise, it's a "holding" penalty.
- can't grab a guy by the face mask. Another penalty
- The offensive team must be motionless at the snap of the ball.

Lot's of other rules that come from watching the game.

My prediction for super-bowl today: Giants 17, Patriots 13

^ though i'm rooting for the Giants, I think Tom Brady might settle the score this time with Manning. Looking forward to the game.

Tom Brady just pulled a touchdown.

Its halftime, trying to servive a show by a half naked 53 yr old woman.

Oh God, she is doing 'just like a prayer', she is old, granny should have stayed at home.

2nd TD, I am puttin my money on the Patriots. The Giants are fallin apart.

Tom Brady just pulled a touchdown.

Its halftime, trying to servive a show by a half naked 53 yr old woman.

Oh God, she is doing 'just like a prayer', she is old, granny should have stayed at home.

The half-time show is far better than last years and Maddona is the definition of the showgirl, I have thoroughly enjoyed the show, even though her age is showing up..

it's Giants again.. very tense match. second time in 5 years NY giants stopped Pats

New-York-Giants-Super-Bowl-XLVI-Champions.jpg

Congrats G-Men

By the way where is Plax these days? Am not sure but is he still in? This match and manningham's play reminded me of the last drive when they won the super bowl last time. Sweet victory for Coughlin.

Back
Top Bottom