What's new

American Family Travel in...PAKISTAN? (first impressions)

So they only had to pay for their flights (perhaps) since this old lady is providing them with accommodation and food.. I wonder if she would ever support locals.. normally the observation negative.

So they only had to pay for their flights (perhaps) since this old lady is providing them with accommodation and food.. I wonder if she would ever support locals.. normally the observation negative.

She is hospitable to guests, wat if they r not locals. Pakistanis are hospitable to locals too, have u not been to weddings and functions or langars? Relatives regularly visit each other and stay with each other.

She is hospitable to guests, wat if they r not locals. Pakistanis are hospitable to locals too, have u not been to weddings and functions or langars? Relatives regularly visit each other and stay with each other.

I have seen NGO aunties who are so kind to the foreigners...while beating their own servants and maids

he mentions it here, he met people on facebook! lets not be so negative!!

Last edited:
I have seen NGO aunties who are so kind to the foreigners...while beating their own servants and maids

Allow me to share a personal story , on my trip to Northern Pakistan with my wife, we stopped at Shogran .. After getting a room and putting out luggage , we went out for a walk .. we stopped by a small shop that sells handcraft items , my wife went in and from her face it feels like she liked a lot of stuff .. I get her a necklace and bracelet , but than she finds out a very beautiful ring that has a toad on it .. she insisted that she wants it but i was skeptical because we have journey ahead and budget was limited , Price of ring was 500 rs roughly 3$ now its true that it not a lot but i was trying to convince her to skip something , while we were discussing the shop owner was hearing us talk in English , he understood that my wife is Foreigner ..anyway when i decided that she can have the ring suddenly the owner ask me ..

" Bhai ek baat pouchun ? Brother can i ask you a question ?
I replied , Yes .. Jee ?
He asked : Is she foreigner ? and where is she from ?
I replied , Yes and She is from America .
He asked , Is she your friend or relative ?
My response , She is my wife ..
He asked me what is her name ..?
I said, Fatima ( that is my wife's Islamic name )
He was so over joyed to know that my wife accepted Islam, he than asked me that we were discussing something, I told him that she liked this ring etc .. He was like Ok , I pay him total of 2200 rs roughly 18$ for all the stuff and as I was about to leave the shop he called me , He said here take this 500 rs back , I ask what is it for ? he said that Toad ring is a Gift from me , and he also said that in night time he also sells special coffee that cost 120 rs, he said I invite you both to please come and have a coffee with me . It will be on me , I tried so hard no to take it because i don't want to take his Halal income , I am sure he is not a rich person , probably living a hand to mouth life , but he still offer us, we went there and he give us the coffee I offer to pay for one cup he refused, So he didn't just give a free coffee and ring to my wife who is a foreigner but to me as well ..

Northern Pakistan is a Gem place, I got so many people , every shop i went to with my wife to buy something they offer me something for free , Like Soda , Water , Sugarcane juice , Tea and In Balakot market I bought 3 Val vet clothing piece each one costed 750 rs , i buy three and up on asking me if my wife is foreigner , the shop owner offer us tea but when we refused he said, Ok I will give you all three of these piece in just 1500 rs , total cost was suppose to be 2250 rs .
Its not just that people help Foreigner they help Pakistani's as well , If i had money I swear i would move to Balakot and have a small business over there .. I will say it again Northern Parts of Pakistan are not just beautiful for its landscape, they are beautiful because of its people ..

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom