What's new

American attack aftermath: Pakistan declares attack a 'plot'

Maybe there was a clash and the Afghan/ISAF troops called out for air support in 'self defence'.

See , I told you this is entirely possible.

The alleged clash for which air support was called for was between Afghan militants in Eastern Afghanistan (not in Pakistan) & the Afghan forces, not between Pakistani soldiers & Afghan soldiers.

I'm not going to keep repeating myself again. Please stop making up stories, & if you think there was a clash between Afghan soldiers & Pakistan Border Forces in this incident; or if any Afghan soldiers were found in Pakistan, or if any Afghan soldiers were injured or killed in this incident, please quote appropriate sources. Please don't make up fictional stories.

Maj. Gen. Athar Abbas, a Pakistani military spokesman, stopped short of that characterization, but he said the strike was “inexplicable.” In an interview, he said the two border posts are clearly marked and their locations are known to Afghan and coalition forces. No militant or military firing preceded the NATO assault, nor did coalition troops inform Pakistan that they were receiving fire from the Pakistani side, as is procedure, Abbas said.

Once the strike began, Abbas said, soldiers notified their commanders in the nearby city of Peshawar, who told officials at military headquarters in Rawalpindi, who then informed two trilateral border coordination centers located at the Torkham pass and the border of Pakistan’s North Waziristan region.

“But somehow it continued,” Abbas said of the firing. “Our side believes there is no possibility of confusion. The post location is not where a Taliban would take position.”

NATO airstrike strains U.S.-Pakistan relations - The Washington Post

=============

VC and others - the DG ISPR appears to have provided a pretty detailed summary of the events that took place.

Is it possible that the post was destroyed to give cover to infiltrators from Afghan side in to Pakistan? I mean we all know that there are many safe houses and training camps set up by in Afghanistan for anti-Pakistan operations.

The alleged clash for which air support was called for was between Afghan militants in Eastern Afghanistan (not in Pakistan) & the Afghan forces, not between Pakistani soldiers & Afghan soldiers.

What makes you think that the militants who were being pursued (from Eastern Afg) could not have tried to escape by crossing into Pakistan and the Afghan/NATO troops too crossed over into Pak territory in hot pursuit ?

What is so 'illogical' in this scenario ? It seems perfectly logical.

I'm not going to keep repeating myself again. Please stop making up stories, & if you think there was a clash between Afghan soldiers & Pakistan Border Forces in this incident; or if any Afghan soldiers were found in Pakistan, or if any Afghan soldiers were injured or killed in this incident, please quote appropriate sources. Please don't make up fictional stories.

There is no hard and fast rule that in any clash some one has to die/get injured. There are dozens of clashes on the India-Pak border. Does anyone die everytime ?

This maybe a story, but one of the many possible story just like how NATO willfully killed 28 soldiers is also one of the scenarios.

If you want others to accept that, this also needs to be accepted as one plausible scenario.

No one knows which troops were involved or whether the Afghan/NATO soldiers crossed into Pak territory or not.

I just gave you one plausible scenario when the Pak troops mistook the NATO/ANA troops as infiltrators and fired at them causing the NATO/ANA troops to call for air support.

Also the Pak troops could have intentionally given cover fire for the escaping militants with NATO/Afghan soldiers in hot pursuit causing them to call in for air support.

They are all completely plausible scenarios.

This would mean that Pakistan is supporting militants. However, as already mentioned by fellow members, there were no fatalities or injuries on the other side which is paramount to the fact that no real pursuit was being conducted which in turn means that the likely scenario is that the post was fired upon for some hidden agenda.

In any case I again wonder why none of our border posts have access to ANZA-MKIII? Aren't our soldiers even allowed to defend themselves? It wouldn't be too hard to shoot down these helos.

This would mean that Pakistan is supporting militants. However, as already mentioned by fellow members, there were no fatalities or injuries on the other side which is paramount to the fact that no real pursuit was being conducted which in turn means that the likely scenario is that the post was fired upon for some hidden agenda.

All clashes need not necessarily entail injuries/deaths.

Clashes on the India-Pak border are an example.

Perfectly coherent and one of the plausible scenarios. Just you wont accept it because it goes against the theory Pak soldiers were attacked 'unprovoked' by NATO.

The theory that you refer to is a fact, so realistic that 24 Pakistani Soldiers were martyred. And if there was any base or any reason, however small or insignificant, on the NATO side it would have been highlighted and it would have overshadowed the martyrdom of Pakistani soldiers. Ofcourse when one has to imagine things just because he is cursed with hatred, he will come up with all these 'theories'.

What makes you think that the militants who were being pursued (from Eastern Afg) could not have tried to escape by crossing into Pakistan and the Afghan/NATO troops too crossed over into Pak territory in hot pursuit ?

Please support your claims that Afghan troops crossed into Pakistani territory by quoting any source.

All clashes need not necessarily entail injuries/deaths.

Clashes on the India-Pak border are an example.

So no injuries or fatalities amongst Afghan/ISAF soldiers on the ground and no militants killed, no arms recovered or vehicles destroyed.....what was this armed clash all about, shooting stars??? The only loss was on Pakistani side, goes to tell you that there is something very wrong, perhaps even an individual hate act by the pilot of the Helicopter.

By the way if anyone of you wants to vent a bit. Here is the twitter account of NATO Secretary General.

Twitter

Jao galiyan do isai.

‘Pakistan fire may have prompted Nato strike’

WASHINGTON: Fire from a Pakistani military outpost into Afghanistan prompted the Nato cross-border air strikes that left 24 Pakistani soldiers dead, a report said Sunday, citing Afghan and Western officials.

The Wall Street Journal, citing three unnamed Afghan officials and one Western official, said the attack —which has prompted fury in Islamabad —was called in to shield Nato and Afghan forces targeting Taliban fighters.

The fire came from remote outposts in the Mohmand region.

“There was firing coming from the position against Afghan army soldiers who requested support and this is what happened,” an Afghan official in Kabul said on condition of anonymity.

The official added that the government in Kabul believes the fire came from the Pakistani military base —and not from insurgents in the area.

That version was corroborated by two Afghan officials working in the border zone.

One border police official said Pakistani officials were informed of the Nato operation ahead of time.

Already answered on Posts # 1666, 1676, 1683 & others.

Please support your claims that Afghan troops crossed into Pakistani territory by quoting any source.

Did I claim that this was the only plausible scenario for me to prove anything conclusively ?

This is one among the many plausible scenarios and so lets wait for the final report of the investigation.

Did I claim that this was the only plausible scenario for me to prove anything conclusively ?

This is one among the many plausible scenarios and so lets wait for the final report of the investigation.

This is not a plausible scenario because this did not happen. Not even the 2 NATO accounts correspond to this. There's no point in making up fictional stories that don't correspond to facts on the ground.

So no injuries or fatalities amongst Afghan/ISAF soldiers on the ground and no militants killed, no arms recovered or vehicles destroyed.....what was this armed clash all about, shooting stars??? The only loss was on Pakistani side, goes to tell you that there is something very wrong, perhaps even an individual hate act by the pilot of the Helicopter.

There were no injuries on their side because the Apaches were not shooting them.

NATO saying, Afghan forces saying. This is an open secrete.

They also say that Pakistan's participation in this WoT is exceptional. No one with any merit has ever claimed that Pakistan is involved in terrorism or that Pakistan supported terrorists.....what they have said is that certain elements in Pakistan 'may' have sympathies for these fighters.

And please do not push me into an argument of what a terrorist is and what a freedom fighter is!

Back
Top Bottom