What's new

American agent with Bullets released - another slavish attitude by Pakistan

RayKalm

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
UPDATE 1-Pakistan releases US man after bullets found in baggage | Reuters

Feb 14 (Reuters) - A U.S. embassy employee was released after being held for questioning in Pakistan on Tuesday when airport security officials discovered bullets in his luggage, police said.

The American was about to to fly from the northwestern city of Peshawar to the capital Islamabad when he was taken into police custody, said Tahir Ayub, a senior police superintendent.

one call from rehman malik and he can go simple matter .

What I find said is that, apparently, any one with diplomatic status can do whatever they want in Pakistan. Hell, they can even take our nukes and get away with it.

"He has diplomatic status," the official said. "We're in contact with Pakistani authorities on the details on the case."

but in free world if a diplomat carry arms they will deport him same day also . but its pakistan dear .

we cant detain or punish the diplomats thats simple. (if the diplomat is American then just forget about it)
diplomats have committed serious crimes in the world and are allowed to go.

its only possible to take him to court if his diplomat rights are taken away by the country he is from.
a guy from Libyan Embassy shot and killed a female British police officer but he was allowed to go back.

we cant detain or punish the diplomats thats simple. (if the diplomat is American then just forget about it)
diplomats have committed serious crimes in the world and are allowed to go.

its only possible to take him to court if his diplomat rights are taken away by the country he is from.
a guy from Libyan Embassy shot and killed a female British police officer but he was allowed to go back.

sir i am not asking to take him court but we can deport them so next time they will take care

but in free world if a diplomat carry arms they will deport him same day also . but its pakistan dear .

you maybe right
but I am not sure about the same day to be honest with you. they do give like 48 hours or 72 hours notice normally and I didnt see that happening maybe uncle Malik can shed light on it but then again Uncle got businesses in the west so Uncle is helpless
please understand.

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

sir i am not asking to take him court but we can deport them so next time they will take care

they are kuttay ki dum they wont take care.

by the way many of them have been caught and deported before already.

you maybe right
but I am not sure about the same day to be honest with you. they do give like 48 hours or 72 hours notice normally and I didnt see that happening maybe uncle Malik can shed light on it but then again Uncle got businesses in the west so Uncle is helpless
please understand.

i got it from first post thats why i use IF .but should be we deport them few like 5-7 which abuse the LAW so they cool down otherwise you remember sir they was hell agrrasive before RD case .every other day Americans in pakistan doing such dirty jobs and take law in hands . THOSE WAS DAYS WHEN START MASSIVE HATE TOWARD USA IN PAKISTANI PUBLIC .

i got it from first post thats why i use IF .but should be we deport them few like 5-7 which abuse the LAW so they cool down otherwise you remember sir they was hell agrrasive before RD case .every other day Americans in pakistan doing such dirty jobs and take law in hands . THOSE WAS DAYS WHEN START MASSIVE HATE TOWARD USA IN PAKISTANI PUBLIC .

yea but what if the Americans open visas for us? will there be any angry protesters left?
calm down my dear just pray that Americans open visas for us then we wont be that angry

yea but what if the Americans open visas for us? will there be any angry protesters left?
calm down my dear just pray that Americans open visas for us then we wont be that angry

i never think now a days people go America massively sir .they have economic crunch already .for me going America is waste of money and time .when i can see many Americans here working with us .but yeah for those who never travel to world sure go there and dish wash there :D

These stupid rules like Presidential immunity, and Diplomatic immunity really need to go or be reformed. How can the guy get away after killing a person?

Same as with presidential pardon, but that is for another thread.

you maybe right
please understand.

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

they are kuttay ki dum they wont take care.

by the way many of them have been caught and deported before already.

uncle rehman is too busy making money, he doesnt care about the country.

February 15, 2012

USnational.jpg

A US embassy employee (in black vehicle) leaves a police station after his diplomatic immunity is confirmed in Peshawar on Tuesday.

Pakistan police free US man held at airport

Embassy worker who was carrying bullets in baggage released after consulate intervention

A US embassy employee was released after being held for questioning in Pakistan Tuesday when airport security officials discovered bullets in his luggage, police said.

The American was about to fly from the northwestern city of Peshawar to the capital Islamabad when he was taken into police custody, said Tahir Ayub, a senior police superintendent.

He was released after four hours when officials from the US consulate in Peshawar produced documents to show the man worked at the consulate.

"He's been released to the consulate," a US official in Islamabad said. "He's at the consulate now."

Embassy employee

The American, who is an embassy employee, is usually based in Islamabad but was temporarily assigned to the Peshawar consulate, the official said.

Police officers had earlier said they would hold the man until his identity had been verified by the foreign office in Islamabad and a US official in the capital had said the embassy was looking into the details of the reports.

"He has diplomatic status," the official said. "We're in contact with Pakistani authorities on the details on the case."

Pistol and 12 rounds

Ayub said a pistol and a magazine of 12 rounds had been recovered from the man's luggage, while another police officer said security officials had only found bullets.

The detention was likely to revive memories of Raymond Davis, an American CIA contractor who shot and killed two Pakistanis in the eastern city of Lahore in January 2011.

A third Pakistani died when he was hit by an embassy vehicle racing to extract Davis from the scene where an angry mob had gathered.

Compensation

After initial confusion, the US embassy in Islamabad said Davis had diplomatic immunity, which Pakistan refused to recognise. Davis spent almost two months in jail before being released after the payment of compensation to the families of the two men killed.

The incident was a major blow to the relationship between the US and Pakistan, a key ally in the terror war. Ties were just beginning to thaw when US commandos killed Osama Bin Laden in a Pakistani military town.

gulfnews : Pakistan police free US man held at airport

-----

If this is the case then every US national in Pakistan is an employee of the Embassy and all of them are having diplomatic immunity.

Back
Top Bottom