What's new

AMCA :: Fifth Generation Fighter Under Development in India

I also want to the wind tunnels used for LCA. Last time when I checked, india simple does not have complete wind tunnels for designing such aircraft.

Let me give you some idea, in China, our fighters models are tested in city of Mianyang, there are numerous different wind tunnels there. I am now asking where is yours?

We have 3 wind Tunnel Stations In bangalore 2 for NAL and one for HAL and 2 Hypersonic Wind Tunnels In VSSC other than the 1 in Thumba Kerala and another in Sri hari Kota Andhra .... And what do You mean that We dint have Complete Wind Tunnels to Test LCA? We had Wind Tunnels from the Very first Aircraft We built that is HF-24 Marut...

For all those who think India dint have Wind Tunnels to Test LCA.... This is a File photo of Wind tunnel testing of HF 24 Marut in the 1960's in NAL

hf-24-model-in-wind-tunnel1.jpg

No troll please, I am asking a photo showing its indian testbed aircraft in india.
If you don't understand what is a testbed, search our J-8II ACT aircraft on google. it is the testbed for our J-10's control system.

Let's be crystal clear: if you claim LCA's control system is designed by india, then please show me the testbed aircraft. I would expect that testbed belong to india.

The LCA's Control System was developed By the CLAW team...Our first test Bed was a BAE Simulator then the Next one was on F-16 (Variable In-flight Stability Test Aircraft) Sim , But before CLAW could Mature it , We faced an Embargo and further Testbeds where non other than the LCA TD-1

If India does not have the basic technical skills to build an engine, than India should focus on acquiring these skills. Seems that India does not have enough background in material science, especially metalluragy, to build an engine. I think India should focus on these fundamental skills before it focus on build an engines. As with LCA, its great that India took the effort to build the engine and it provide learning opportunities to the engineers. However, it would be wrong and it would continue to be wrong if Indian aircraft manufactures continue to rely on India to build an engine that is ready to be place inside an airplane of that time period. In another word, I think India should focus on develop the skills but seek engines for AMCA some where else as India would not be ready to have a domestically engine ready. If this is the case, I think join venture Snecma should be scrapped. India should focus on an off the shelf engine while focus on pure research and build engines that will train the engineers until the engineers can build an engine that is would be ready for the customers at the time.

the entire LCA is a failed project.
all major parts are built by foreign companies.

Is it??? :lol:

Let's just be honest: if india developed the control system on it own, what is the testbed aircraft? there is no such testbed in india because the system was developed by a foreign firm and then tested on a foreign testbed.

CLAW Developed it, and was Tested on BAE and LM Simulators and then after facing Embargoes the Control Systems were tested On TD-1 LCA..

now let's look at other parts: which indian company builts processor used in its control computer? I don't aware any indian company is capable of doing this. how about radar? missiles? the seeker of the missile?

Flight Control Computer was entirely made at BEL,Radar was Made By LRDE,onboard radio-frequency seeker DRDO

I am looking for answers, not excuses. please just name the company/organization which did it. simple and plain.

You have it from me....

If India does not have the basic technical skills to build an engine, than India should focus on acquiring these skills. Seems that India does not have enough background in material science, especially metalluragy, to build an engine. I think India should focus on these fundamental skills before it focus on build an engines. As with LCA, its great that India took the effort to build the engine and it provide learning opportunities to the engineers. However, it would be wrong and it would continue to be wrong if Indian aircraft manufactures continue to rely on India to build an engine that is ready to be place inside an airplane of that time period. In another word, I think India should focus on develop the skills but seek engines for AMCA some where else as India would not be ready to have a domestically engine ready. If this is the case, I think join venture Snecma should be scrapped. India should focus on an off the shelf engine while focus on pure research and build engines that will train the engineers until the engineers can build an engine that is would be ready for the customers at the time.

World Witnessed Metallurgy in India and You say India does not have Metallurgy skill... What an Irony ... And India has a Core caled Kabini core, which is used for the K-9 engine, and we are seeking a Joint venture with Snecma for the K-10 Engine with a Snecma Core For better Results , and I Agree with you that We need to learn the technologies which we do not know instead of wasting the Time and Money Researching on our own,.

Jo Hukum mere Aaka:P

World Witnessed Metallurgy in India and You say India does not have Metallurgy skill... What an Irony ... And India has a Core caled Kabini core, which is used for the K-9 engine, and we are seeking a Joint venture with Snecma for the K-10 Engine with a Snecma Core For better Results , and I Agree with you that We need to learn the technologies which we do not know instead of wasting the Time and Money Researching on our own,.

No, Indian should learn to develop the technology such as an engine by itself so it can become selve sufficient. But it should not tie the development of its aircraft program to a domestic technology that is not ready.

No, Indian should learn to develop the technology such as an engine by itself so it can become selve sufficient. But it should not tie the development of its aircraft program to a domestic technology that is not ready.

Well, Yes.... India is not tying it, If the K-10 Engines are ready and tested before the First Prototype of AMCA rolls out then it sure would be used , If not then there are many other Wonderful Companies like GE and RR

As for the first part, I do not think that India should build an engine with Snecma core... Why not just buy the whole engine?? What can india learn from building an engine around the Snecma core??? I think India should focus on building a better core while purchase the engine off the shelf for the next generation aircraft.

As for the first part, I do not think that India should build an engine with Snecma core... Why not just buy the whole engine?? What can india learn from building an engine around the Snecma core??? I think India should focus on building a better core while purchase the engine off the shelf for the next generation aircraft.

The JV is to learn and Absorb there technology,So that In future the Kabini Cores can be Upgraded to a better standard and the doors would be open for smooth research, which would Multiply the Scope for Upgrading the engines performance

Back
Top Bottom