What's new

Ambala to station first squadron of MMRCA fighters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats exactly where rhetoric gets separated from realism ! Do you risk 'massive retaliation & unacceptable damage' in turn or do you let it be localized to the tactical theatre ?
I hope your generals are well versed with the policy of India.. cause a conclusion to which you are pointing on the use of tactical nukes can only be taken if you know full well to what extent your enemy is ready to escalate.. C

Like I implied its all risk-assessment & in this case neither of us can risk a war ! Thats what makes it a trump card. You can't call our bluff if it is indeed a bluff & we can't call your bluff if it is indeed a bluff - that uncertainty is what keeps the war from happening in the first place.
This trump card cannot help in every scenario because the basis to attain that reaction should be present..

My dear friend. I am only stating the doctrine. I am not the National Security Advisor. Hence, with the limited knowledge that I have, I have laid down the stated policy. Now whether the policy is translated not translated is not something I am privy to, correct?

I know yaaraaa but I'm trying to state the obvious which is that to assume that the use of a tactical nuke would bring about a disproportioante response from either Pakistan or India is ludicrous ! It won't....not evern if Lahore falls would the bomb be used for we'd loose every single major city of ours as a response. Similarly India may start a viscious diplomatic & media offensive against us for using them & the after effects of which many hurt us for years to come but there & then taking out an advancing Indian carier group or an Armored Formation isn't going to ilicit the kind of response that we are so nonchalantly throwing about ! But because neither India nor Pakistan can know for certainty whether the other is bluffing or whether they're serious about using them & in the context of 'tactical nukes' it become near impossible to determine that...we'd never find ourselves in a position greater than a stand-off & a few minor skirmishes here & there before the situations is not only defused due to conscious self-restraint but also because of enormous international pressure !

No but if you are copy pasting someone's work, it is general ethics to give the author the credit..

I see you are not introduced to Internet ethics and fair play.. :hitwall:

And you seems to the fit definition of a pseudo-intellectual, plagiarizing not just here but on other threads too..

Such methodology is good for analytical work or papers.

In a running discussion these aspects are left for the seekers to seek. If you or anybody else would have asked me, I would have given the reference.

I hope your generals are well versed with the policy of India.. cause a conclusion to which you are pointing on the use of tactical nukes can only be taken if you know full well to what extent your enemy is ready to escalate.. C

This trump card cannot help in every scenario because the basis to attain that reaction should be present..

India does not have any such policy. It is just a draft nuclear doctrine, if you are referring to the same.

Such methodology is good for analytical work or papers.

In a running discussion these aspects are left for the seekers to seek. If you or anybody else would have asked me, I would have given the reference.

It is not, maybe you dont surf the web or as I said before not introduced to internet ethics.. Go to some other Internet forums which are hosted in western countries and you will know what I mean( I doubt you will go). Of course for you everything is ok, lack of ethics too..

I know yaaraaa but I'm trying to state the obvious which is that to assume that the use of a tactical nuke would bring about a disproportioante response from either Pakistan or India is ludicrous ! It won't....not evern if Lahore falls would the bomb be used for we'd loose every single major city of ours as a response. Similarly India may start a viscious diplomatic & media offensive against us for using them & the after effects of which many hurt us for years to come but there & then taking out an advancing Indian carier group or an Armored Formation isn't going to ilicit the kind of response that we are so nonchalantly throwing about ! But because neither India nor Pakistan can know for certainty whether the other is bluffing or whether they're serious about using them & in the context of 'tactical nukes' it become near impossible to determine that...we'd never find ourselves in a position greater than a stand-off & a few minor skirmishes here & there before the situations is not only defused due to conscious self-restraint but also because of enormous international pressure !

We will go by your declared policy and lowered thresholds. That is why we are investing in CSD.

We are discussing flexible punitive retaliation at home. This can cover your points. But our stated policy stand same till today.

India does not have any such policy. It is just a draft nuclear doctrine, if you are referring to the same.

That makes the job all the more difficult, which exactly was my point.

It is not, maybe you dont surf the web or as I said before not introduced to internet ethics.. Go to some other Internet forums which are hosted in western countries and you will know what I mean( I doubt you will go). Of course for you everything is ok, lack of ethics too..

I have been to many such forums. And as I said, in a running discussion such things are difficult to quote. If some one has any disquiet with it, they can always seek a reference, as they do it in foreign discussion forums as well. Now get over with it and move on or learn to live with it.

I have been to many such forums. And as I said, in a running discussion such things are difficult to quote. If some one has any disquiet with it, they can always seek a reference, as they do it in foreign discussion forums as well. Now get over with it and move on or learn to live with it.

Doesn't look like it.. In running discussion people at least
if not provide the source so it is clear for the members that is a third party opinion and not necessarily on the same exact context.. I will point out such base tactics come what may cause my living with it does not entail me keeping silent..

India has the most clearest of nuclear doctrines as far as the nuclear weapon states are concerned, India has clearly stated that it will not be the one to initiate a nuclear conflict be it China or Pakistan or any other nation as it's adversary, but the response to a nuclear attack will be massive & unaffordable for the attacking nation. Not just a first nuclear attack but even chemical or biological attack would demand a nuclear response from India. Now when u state this policy there is no such thing as small nuclear attack or larger one, the question is that Indian people/armed forces are attacked with a (tactical) nuclear weapon, this opens the possibility of any type of attack from India (a murder is a murder, it's not about nos., u cannot give smaller punishment for a single murderer & larger punishment for more than single murder), the world will also not object to this as they know that India was at the receiving end & is just retaliating, so IMHO using a tactical nuclear weapon on Indian armed forces will be as dangerous for Pakistan as using strategic weapons.

Doesn't look like it.. In running discussion people at least if not provide the source so it is clear for the members that is a third party opinion and not necessarily on the same exact context.. I will point out such base tactics come what may cause my living with it does not entail me keeping silent..

OK..........

I feel like we're going in circles here ! :what:

India has the most clearest of nuclear doctrines as far as the nuclear weapon states are concerned, India has clearly stated that it will not be the one to initiate a nuclear conflict be it China or Pakistan or any other nation as it's adversary, but the response to a nuclear attack will be massive & unaffordable for the attacking nation. Not just a first nuclear attack but even chemical or biological attack would demand a nuclear response from India. Now when u state this policy there is no such thing as small nuclear attack or larger one, the question is that Indian people/armed forces are attacked with a (tactical) nuclear weapon, this opens the possibility of any type of attack from India (a murder is a murder, it's not about nos., u cannot give smaller punishment for a single murderer & larger punishment for more than single murder), the world will also not object to this as they know that India was at the receiving end & is just retaliating, so IMHO using a tactical nuclear weapon on Indian armed forces will be as dangerous for Pakistan as using strategic weapons.

Please quote from Indian government approved document.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom