What's new

Amazon establishes online marketplace in India

Yeah that's true.But If I am correct Junglee.com is actually owned by Amazon.They've doing well against it for sometime.it was the Flipakart.com which taught the Indian consumers the first lessons of online sales.Flipkart is doing well because of the trust of customers on it for the past 4 years.And arrival of international competition might make it even better.

after sale service of flipkart is horrible. And if u have to retrn/exchange any product then allah malik :)

after sale service of flipkart is horrible. And if u have to retrn/exchange any product then allah malik :)

its just not flipkart,similar sort of things keeps happening with almost all Indian e commerce sites.In India,typically it is not the job of the retailer to provide after sales services. It is actually the job of the Company. So if you buy a Sony Laptop from a Retailer, the Retailer is not someone who you should ask for any kind of customer satisfaction. It is the job of Sony Service Center.I only purchased some books using flipkart,Never had a chance to replace or seek a refund.But yeah,from what I heard this is true.

There are many players in e-commerce battlefield in India..Flipkart is the most hyped one...My experience with Shopclues and Snapdeal has been far better than my experience with Flipkart....

Fact is that none of them is better at each and every aspect of e-commerce , e.g. Flipkart has the fastest delivery but worst after sales service..Shopclues and Snapdeal have very very slow delivery speed but they are good at after sales service and product replacement..

Now I won't mind if my product is delivered a bit late but if they refuse to replace it then I have to say bye bye to them..

Amazon needs to keep these things in mind..

There are many players in e-commerce battlefield in India..Flipkart is the most hyped one...My experience with Shopclues and Snapdeal has been far better than my experience with Flipkart....

Fact is that none of them is better at each and every aspect of e-commerce , e.g. Flipkart has the fastest delivery but worst after sales service..Shopclues and Snapdeal have very very slow delivery speed but they are good at after sales service and product replacement..

Now I won't mind if my product is delivered a bit late but if they refuse to replace it then I have to say bye bye to them..

Amazon needs to keep these things in mind..
By the way, how long from you make order to receive? and why they refuse to replace it??

By the way, how long from you make order to receive? and why they refuse to replace it??

One e-com company took 10 days to deliver my Galaxy Tab 2( From Delhi to Mumbai )

I had bought a 2 TB external HDD from other e-com company which stopped working on the first day...They did not refuse to replace it but they took more than a month to even start the replacement procedure and later said they can not replace it but they refunded my money after another one month..

According to me success of e-commerece companies depends on how efficiently they manage their sellers to process out after sales services.

Have been using eBay since 2007,never had an issue with anything.Flipkart only delivers to major cities.

Yeah that's true.But If I am correct Junglee.com is actually owned by Amazon.They've doing well against it for sometime.it was the Flipakart.com which taught the Indian consumers the first lessons of online sales.Flipkart is doing well because of the trust of customers on it for the past 4 years.And arrival of international competition might make it even better.

Exactly, the concept of 'cash on delivery' was the game changer. As Indians aren't that comfortable using debit/credit cards on online shopping.

Exactly, the concept of 'cash on delivery' was the game changer. As Indians aren't that comfortable using debit/credit cards on online shopping.

Founders of Flipkart used to work for Amazon.I am sure they know what they are doing.I think they have good growth prospects. Many venture capital firms such as Accel Partners have invested considerably in them.Last year Flipkart raised about US$150 million one of the biggest fund raising by an Indian e commerce company.

its just not flipkart,similar sort of things keeps happening with almost all Indian e commerce sites.In India,typically it is not the job of the retailer to provide after sales services. It is actually the job of the Company. So if you buy a Sony Laptop from a Retailer, the Retailer is not someone who you should ask for any kind of customer satisfaction. It is the job of Sony Service Center.I only purchased some books using flipkart,Never had a chance to replace or seek a refund.But yeah,from what I heard this is true.

trust me its horrible. I recently ordered charger for my laptop. Even after giving them model no. They sent a wrong model. They agreed to take it back only after lots of struggle and with a catch that they wont retrn the money in cash, i can only buy goods worth the amount.

Back
Top Bottom