Votes: 12 12.1%
  • No

Votes: 80 80.8%
  • Yes, only Pakistani rape incidents

Votes: 7 7.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just don't take away the toilet fetish threads!! I was going to start one soon.

It really depends on the context. In some cases, it may be justified if the goal is to have a genuine discussion on social issues. But given that most threads on rape are really meant to put down the other country and score cheap points, I voted No.

Just a thought, what if you only allow threads about rape if the incident occurred in the country of the OP? So no one is allowed to post a thread on rape if it is about a different country from one's own.

Rape threads posted here are only meant to troll against the nations where it happened!!
I think it's being disrespectful and pathetic for using a rape victim ordeal to troll!!
I request you sir to ban any future threads on rape!!
This is a defence forum for god sake!

Looks like Webby is feeling bored.. so started trolling with a tongue in cheek 3rd option. If you are serious.. you give 'yes' or 'no' options. You can't give a country specific option like the 3rd one when this menace is universal!

No,
Rape is awful disgusting crime against often defenseless victims but instead of showing sympathy or debating it healthy way for positive outcome some members starts counter attacks.

Only the ones in Pakistan as this forum also focuses on social issues in Pakistan.

In that case, it should be Pakistani only part. No need for us to get involve in their own countries rape problems. It will then leed to trolling.

What I have seen here, every rape victim is repeatedly raped online by our resident trolls..... It was always been used as a tool to troll each other....

So till we become matured enough to discuss it in a civil manner " No" from me

There need to be discussions related to rape. We cannot make an exception just because rape is happening in India. India is lately dealing with an upsurge in rape incidents and instead of hiding the truth under a rug we need to be able to speak our mind freely. The Internet is filled with articles and opinions regarding the latest rape incidents in India. Such discussions are bound to contain emotions which do flare from time to time. Instead of banning an entire discussion we need moderators to intervene in a timely manner and close topics when there is danger of things getting out of hand. Lately, mods have done a good job in containing and closing such heated discussions in a timely manner.

Everyone is freely speaking their mind and voicing their opinion regarding rape. The problem only occurs when certain Indian members cannot accept criticism and resort to country bashing and derailing a frank discussion. I want to sincerely discuss rape incidents in India because this is a neighboring country which always likes to boast about how great it is in the field of human rights and what not. Such cases highlight that India isn't what it always claims to be. There is no shame nor any harm in highlighting this fact. This is called freedom of speech.

If rape threads are disallowed, so should we disallow threads in which Pakistan is constantly bashed by foreign members visiting this forum. We have tons of threads on this forum in which Indians and other foreigners constantly bad mouth and bash Pakistan. Let's call a spade a spade. If we ban one discussion which we deem out of order, we should also ban other topics which are deemed inappropriate and a troll fest against Pakistan. Plain and simple.
this fella want to discuss rapes on a Defence Forum because it happens in India and that to take revange of bashing to Pakistan:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
What I have seen here, every rape victim is repeatedly raped online by our resident trolls..... It was always been used as a tool to troll each other....

So till we become matured enough to discuss it in a civil manner " No" from me
No matter how much moderation we do, we can only delete, not increase the qualitative content of the thread. In terms of moderation it is a very difficult title and in terms of social uplifting / awareness its a lost cause due to the type of members we have on the forum

No matter how much moderation we do, we can only delete, not increase the qualitative content of the thread. In terms of moderation it is a very difficult title and in terms of social uplifting / awareness its a lost cause due to the type of members we have on the forum
Doc, good to see you!:cheers:

Rape is a very vile and disturbing act but so is terrorism, poverty, slavery etc just by banning a certain topic we are ignoring it and that is going to lead to ignorance.
We are here on pdf to discuss topics of all sorts and ignoring something as pressing as this is not in the best interest of the members because ignoring it is not going to some it.
The threads should be allowed to run but any and all trolls should be dealt with seriously and to he full extent of the forum.

So here is a poll related to rape threads.
I don't mind rape threads since it might help us understand this menace and get exposed to ground realities via sharing of material and qualitative and intense discussion.

But question is, who will guarantee that quality and genuine intent? You take responsibility of it Webbie?

There isn't much to discuss in such threads and since i joined this forum strictly for military tech info, i voted NO.

Rape is a very vile and disturbing act but so is terrorism, poverty, slavery etc just by banning a certain topic we are ignoring it and that is going to lead to ignorance.
We are here on pdf to discuss topics of all sorts and ignoring something as pressing as this is not in the best interest of the members because ignoring it is not going to some it.
The threads should be allowed to run but any and all trolls should be dealt with seriously and to he full extent of the forum.
You Sir, have raised a very important point. Unfortunately ground reality is that people are more interested in slinging mud, and belittling each other, rather than learning or trying to understand the real issue behind the crime.

This results in the saner members throwing up (literally), headaches for the mods, trolls cheering like idiots and bringing down the standard of a defence forum down to their gutter level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom