What's new

Alliance between US,India,Japan,Australia?

Not necessarily.

Look at Russia for example. They are an ally of China, and have helped us so many times across the years.

2001 Sino-Russian Treaty of Friendship - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They are also an ally of India. No big deal, they don't interfere in our relations with other countries.

Here's my take on Russia's thought process towards India and China.

India: used to be highly dependent on USSR and even got military assurance against the Americans (in 1971). But now that they've got money, the ungrateful b*stards are getting all cozy with Russia's enemies in the West. No matter. If Russia gets angry, it will only push India more towards the West, so might as well put a nice face and play along. Their money is always welcome and, as long as they remain a thorn in China's side, it's not all bad.

China: erstwhile, and potential, rivals but share a common enemy in the West so play nice with them. Plus they've got money; lots of it.

India: used to be highly dependent on USSR and even got military assurance against the Americans (in 1971). But now that they've got money, the ungrateful b*stards are getting all cozy with Russia's enemies in the West. No matter. If Russia gets angry, it will only push India more towards the West, so might as well put a nice face and play along. Their money is always welcome and, as long as they remain a thorn in China's side, it's not all bad.

China: erstwhile, and potential, rivals but share a common enemy in the West so play nice with them. Plus they've got money; lots of it.

Watch your language, and use some logic. Firstly, Russia is no longer an 'enemy of the West' like it was in the cold war days. A sort of rival, yes, but not an enemy. And remember, Russia of today is a different country altogether. And finally, Russia herself has so many deals and purchases with the US and other Western countries, what would you call that then?

And once again, mind your tongue. I can call Pakistanis the same thing too - look at the way you rile against the US and the other Western countries while taking humongous amounts of aid from them on a yearly basis?!?! And so on and so forth.....

Watch your language, and use some logic. Firstly, Russia is no longer an 'enemy of the West' like it was in the cold war days. A sort of rival, yes, but not an enemy. And remember, Russia of today is a different country altogether. And finally, Russia herself has so many deals and purchases with the US and other Western countries, what would you call that then?

And once again, mind your tongue. I can call Pakistanis the same thing too - look at the way you rile against the US and the other Western countries while taking humongous amounts of aid from them on a yearly basis?!?! And so on and so forth.....

Oh, puhleez. It's a common expression, it doesn't mean anything.

As for Russia, it is definitely not an ally of the West. Call it rivalry or enmity, whatever makes you happy.

US wants India as an ally, just like countries of EU and Turkey, by just showing China as a threat. Whereas India recognize China as a threat, it doesn't want to fall to the lap of USA an ally. And it is China's interest that it should not push New Delhi too much to the extend that India fall to the west camp for security from China.

Whereas India knows the US design and trying to avoid it but by extracting maximum benefits from the current situations. China and India very well know that it won't go for a military confrontation for any near future coz it hurts both nations economically.

China and India very well know that it won't go for a military confrontation for any near future coz it hurts both nations economically.

Exactly right. :tup:

China's number one priority right now, is economic development.

We're not going to throw away all of our economic growth, just to have a war with another nuclear nation. Everyone loses in that situation.

A bit cynical perhaps.

Interests rule in geopolitics, and I believe that our interests will continue to align with those of Russia.

Especially considering Russia's role as a major exporter of oil/gas, and China's growing demand for more fuel.

We're not going to throw away all of our economic growth, just to have a war with another nuclear nation. Everyone loses in that situation.

:tup:

Even we wasted all our years fighting 5 Wars and What we got?

A Bankrupt Economy in 1990.

Then we have avoided Wars as far as possible.

We even didn't attack Paksitan after 26/11. :-)sniper:Should have attacked:sniper:)

Only Economy:azn:

The ability of India & China is to keep the status quo on disputes and give importance to economy and trade so that the economical soft power to grow.

I wish Pakistani leaders too think the same way.

India and China is fighting for space in economical growth, there the real conflict is. That is the reason Indian & Chinese PMs declared that there is enough space for India & China for growth in the world economy.

Poor view ...The reality is different... First of all India still hold Russia has Major defence supplier.. The relationship has grown from buyer-seller to JV's .. Secondly India already bought foreign fighters earlier of the same Quantity which we are purchasing Now... Thridly Russia is still the supplier of top-notch defence supply as of today FGFA, MKI, Brahmos, T-90.. its a big list .. we still hold Russia product wiz wiz for other countries product in our Arsenal .. Just by ordering 126 Fighters apart from Russia doesnt mean we ditch them :lol: :lol: ...You havent look into the future ... we have given clear cut deals to Russia ..While it is not the same to others... We still hold huge MTA order as compared to Boeing and Hercules where we have ordered in small Quantities.. Further we have still ordered the older IL's for our AWACS....

And we have never cheated our Friend so far by copying or stealing technologies.. We have stick to license production and we are still doing the same...

:tup:

Even we wasted all our years fighting 5 Wars and What we got?

A Bankrupt Economy in 1990.

Then we have avoided Wars as far as possible.

We even didn't attack Paksitan after 26/11. :-)sniper:Should have attacked:sniper:)

Only Economy:azn:

I guess you are right... Right now India is not interested in wars... And doesnt want a physical war with Pakistan and surprisingly we didnt join WoT even though we have eaten the major sh1t...I think the war with Pakistan has already started on top of economy .... As per my analysis India is trying to drain the wealth of Pakistan that is why we are protesting on the AID money .. What a incredible thought(May be mine only or in real it is happening ;)).... A country will cease to exist with out fighting is by making it poor.. see Somalia ...

Jana -

In todays everchanging scenario, if i foresee a future 50 years from now, i will see all of us will be fighting only one thing..

That is "EVIL". and I can say each one of us will come togather and fight them until they bleed to death. At that point of time you wont even know, who is an ally.....

We all are allies in future. coz the common goal for all of us is same. Forget Russia and India and US....

I dont think so.

"Evil" is taking so many new names including "strategic partnership" "Common interests" ;)

I dont think so.

"Evil" is taking so many new names including "strategic partnership" "Common interests" ;)

But the Major evil is illiteracy that too on top of religion ... Rest all the evil will die automatically if this illiteracy is killed once and for all....

Poor view ...The reality is different... First of all India still hold Russia has Major defence supplier.. The relationship has grown from buyer-seller to JV's .. Secondly India already bought foreign fighters earlier of the same Quantity which we are purchasing Now... Thridly Russia is still the supplier of top-notch defence supply as of today FGFA, MKI, Brahmos, T-90.. its a big list .. we still hold Russia product wiz wiz for other countries product in our Arsenal .. Just by ordering 126 Fighters apart from Russia doesnt mean we ditch them :lol: :lol: ...You havent look into the future ... we have given clear cut deals to Russia ..While it is not the same to others... We still hold huge MTA order as compared to Boeing and Hercules where we have ordered in small Quantities.. Further we have still ordered the older IL's for our AWACS....

I never said India has abandoned Russia, but it is no longer an (almost) exclusive relationship. My post still applies.

What a incredible thought(May be mine only or in real it is happening ;)).... A country will cease to exist with out fighting is by making it poor

Only in your mind.

Back
Top Bottom