What's new

'Allah' for Muslims only: Malaysia's top court

Good decision.

Praying to 'Allah' is used by Christian missionaries to fool people into coming into their church and try converting them.

I struggle to reconcile this with your concern over the way Muslims are treated in Europe. When a Muslim nation imposes controls on the very language non-Muslims may use, and you are comfortable with this, it undermines your previous argument calling for equal treatment.

Are you telling me there is not a single 1 example "against the law" in India? Wow great India yet people running away from it
What part of my last post were you unable to comprehend. I said when incidents happen in India, they dont happen because of the law, they happen despite the law.

Maybe if you read the news:

Malaysia’s highest court ruled yesterday that the Catholic newspaper Herald has no grounds to appeal a lower court decision preventing it from using the word “Allah” to refer to God.
A seven-member bench at the Federal Court decided by a narrow 4-to-3 majority to deny the Catholic paper the right of appeal.

Despite this, the government issued a statement yesterday evening reiterating the Najib administration’s commitment to its 10-point solution from 2011, and that Malaysian Christians are still free to call their God “Allah” in churches.

- See more at: Non-Muslim use of ‘Allah’ only a problem in Malaysia, says Penang mufti | Malaysia | The Malay Mail Online

Either you need eyes in replacement for the buttons you have acting as one or you are unaware what you are babbling about!
Maybe you need to ask the Malaysian Government about how it can overturn the Federal Courts orders.

Good call by Malaysian court. If anyone from other religion eager to call on Allah they can convert and do so. Islam keeps door open for everyone. Simple and end of discussion. That is exactly, Malaysian court did.

Good call by Malaysian court. If anyone from other religion eager to call on Allah they can convert and do so. Islam keeps door open for everyone. Simple and end of discussion. That is exactly, Malaysian court did.
This is nothing but law sanctioned religious bigotry.

What part of my last post were you unable to comprehend. I said when incidents happen in India, they dont happen because of the law, they happen despite the law.
I read it loud and clear and asked you just to make sure that is what I read...So you mean to say corruption doesnt exist in India? Laws are never lets say bent?

Maybe you need to ask the Malaysian Government about how it can overturn the Federal Courts orders.
I dont need to ask anything it was your blind concern ...might I say you not reading as usual and jumping in due to the title of the thread! :enjoy:
Just like this!

It is not that simple! The case was against Harold using the word...ALLAH is alright if you refer to a god who doesnt beget but when you say Jesus is son of ALLAH...or when you have something in 100% Malay then change 1 word into Arabic (Allah) and use it to spread lies...well, laws should not bow to such bigotry!

I read it loud and clear and asked you just to make sure that is what I read...So you mean to say corruption doesnt exist in India? Laws are never lets say bent?
The laws of India donot stop someone from calling God as Allah or Bhagwan be that from any religion. Our laws do not sanction bigotry like Malaysian ones do - who oppress non-Muslims in multiple ways.

This is nothing but softer version of Fascism.

The laws of India donot stop someone from calling God as Allah or Bhagwan be that from any religion. Our laws do not sanction bigotry like Malaysian ones do - who oppress non-Muslims in multiple ways.
This is nothing but softer version of Fascism.
Are you sure?

We are talking about unscrupulous people deliberately using words to deceive people. The deceit is all the more egregious when they use words which have have no natural place in that context.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/13/us/13beliefs.html?_r=0

“At the extreme,” Dr. Reynolds said, “these Christian missionaries will grow beards like Muslims, give up pork, even say that they are ‘muslims’ — lower-case ‘m’ — in the Arab-adjective sense of ‘submissive to God.’ ”
[...]
For example, the missionary board recommends that in some cases missionaries use “Allah” to refer to God.
[...]
The missionaries’ use of “Allah” to refer to the Christian God thus strikes Dr. Caner as an error both semantic and theological.

This is especially problematic because several Muslim countries have a habit of executing Muslims who convert to another faith. It's good that such countries set such a tolerant example, and can thus be given the benefit of the doubt when imposing laws that control the very language that non-Muslims can use.

Quite
This is nothing but softer version of Fascism against non-Muslims.
good to know your opinion but the same mantra many of you sing applies:

Our laws our rules! :enjoy:

Plus this is for Harold and its lies!

This is especially problematic because several Muslim countries have a habit of executing Muslims who convert to another faith. It's good that such countries set such a tolerant example, and can thus be given the benefit of the doubt when imposing laws that control the very language that non-Muslims can use.
Well how about a word rather than language?

You write a bible in say English or Malay and all through its in English or Malay respectively but when the word god comes in they remember Arabic ALLAH like neither English nor Malay has any word for God right? Interesting :pop:

Malaysia is not too far behind in harassing Muslims who leave Islam as well.
Do read their "apostasy laws".

Indians have tendency to use label "bigotry" in anti Muslim and anti Islamic ritual. Does not have iota of credibility. Malaysia as majority Muslim country has made very open and generous policy, if someone does not like it they can take alternative or get out. Indians using this as a occasion and slandering Muslim and Islam. Looks like you are the biggest communal cheer leader and bigot.

Indians have tendency to use label "bigotry" in anti Muslim and anti Islamic ritual. Does not have iota of credibility. Malaysia as majority Muslim country has made very open and generous policy, if someone does not like it they can take alternative or get out. Indians using this as a occasion and slandering Muslim and Islam. Looks like you are the biggest communal cheer leader and bigot.
I actually never have heard the word bigotry being used as commonly as on PDF!

good to know your opinion but the same mantra many of you sing applies:

Our laws our rules! :enjoy:

Plus this is for Harold and its lies!

Well how about a word rather than language?

You write a bible in say English or Malay and all through its in English or Malay respectively but when the word god comes in they remember Arabic ALLAH like neither English nor Malay has any word for God right? Interesting :pop:

It's incomprehensible to me that someone can pass a law that essentially bans some people from using the word "G-d." This is 1984-level persecution. If there is a small fraction defrauding the population, then deal with the fraud, don't try to govern the way language is used. Then again, I live in a free society, so I am coming at this from a different angle.

It's incomprehensible to me that someone can pass a law that essentially bans some people from using the word "G-d." This is 1984-level persecution. If there is a small fraction defrauding the population, then deal with the fraud, don't try to govern the way language is used. Then again, I live in a free society, so I am coming at this from a different angle.
The fraud was on the word and it was dealt with only 1 word not the language even!

Malaysian Christians say both Tuhan (Malay word for god) as well as ALLAH but none go as far as using it for lying ...

Christian missionaries have been coming in distributing bibles in Malay (no problem they are allowed hence they manage to distribute) whole bible is in Malay and then they change 1 word god = ALLAH....

and suddenly this goes against the very essence/definition/ attribute of ALLAH which is not to beget...and they go around hurting the sentiments and plus this was taken into account after many Malaysian Muslims did peaceful protest through sit ins not going around murdering the missionaries...so I guess its relatively fair decision to curb a fire before it starts!

Lets say security measures for 60% of the nation before the peaceful vibe turns ugly?!

Back
Top Bottom