What's new

Algeria, UAE, Germany to build plants for vehicles, engines production

BLACKEAGLE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Jordan
(MENAFN - Kuwait News Agency (KUNA)) Algeria, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Germany signed here Sunday three contracts to establish three companies to produce vehicles and engines.
The contracts were signed between the Algerian defense ministry, Abu Dhabi's investment fund, Aabar, and German companies Daimler, Deutz and MTU, the ministry said in a statement.

A plant will be built in east Algiers to manufacture 15,000 Mercedes-Benz trucks and buses every year. Production will start next year.

The second contract stipulates the establishment of a Mercedes-Benz factory to produce 10,000 vehicles of different sizes as of 2013.

The third contract states that a company will be established to manufacture engines carrying the brand "Mercedes-Benz and Deutz." This plant will produce 26,000 engines cooled by water. Production set to start in 2014.

The German companies will participate as as technology partners providing licences and intellectual property.
http://www.constructionweekonline.com/article-17710-aabar-signs-deal-to-build-three-mercedes-factories/

I Think its high time the Arabs come up with there own brand vehicle they have good exposer in this, dont know why they dint do it yet?

i think if they try they can make a good production of 4x4.

like this one to start with.

big_truck_wallpaper+%25282%2529.jpg

Made in UAE

first_uae_made_car.jpg

A Saudi designed engine is in the works. I can't wait until it finishes. :D

Back
Top Bottom