What's new

Algeria asks Turkey to lay off genocide talk with France

AKINCI

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
alg.jpg

7 January 2012 / TODAYSZAMAN.COM WITH AP, ALGIERS

Algeria's prime minister wants Turkish authorities to stop referring to Algerian history under French colonization as part of Turkey's quarrel with France over genocide allegations.

Turkey halted political contacts with France last month after French lawmakers passed a bill that would make it a crime to deny that mass killings of Armenians by Ottoman Turks nearly a century ago constituted genocide.

Turkey's prime minister then accused the French of "genocide" during France's 132-year colonial rule in Algeria.

:hitwall:

Slaves, covering for their masters. It seems judging by the photo it's not just the Algerian government but a segment of the Algerian French speaking population that supports this to. Turkiye was just making a valid political point against the French accusations and bill passed about the "Armenian Genocide" and exposed France's own hypocrisy "Algerian genocide". The Algerians should stand with Turkiye not against them. Turkiye did a tremendous favor to them by highlighting France's shame.

France is actively trying to corner the heart of Muslim world with Israel like blackmailing politics...deny holocaust and go to jail..deny armeniean genocide and go to jail...deny 9/11 and go to jail!

This is not freedom but totalitarianism dictatorship!

gun gelir o kelimeleri dedigine bin pisman ederiz...

a government that don't want to expose their past, what can the reason be... that they are heavily dependent on France.

what about those who had to die because of French brutal colonialism. they became martyrs in their own homeland because of some greedy ****** french piece of shits.

Foreign policy must be business of intelligent statesmen, not populist exploiters', not fanatics', nor zero-problem inventor's only wisemen's. Otherwise even Algerians slap your dumb smiley face and you just wipe your tears like a baby and bluster you'll see soon soon.

Ashamed and tired of our idiotic new-invented foreign policy.

Thanks to our new-invented "genious" zero problem foreign policy we miraculously achieved;
- To be enemys of both Syria and Israel at the same time,
- To have worst relations with Armenia and succeed to chill relations with Azerbaijan at the same time,
- To stop relations with EU,
- To have worst relations with both Germany and France at the same time,
- To watch in silence, spoiled baby Barzani the Kurd intervening every issue in Turkey and his collaboration with PKK.
- To watch Cypriot Greeks drill Mediterranean with our "Strategic Partner" USA's Energy companies.
- To be threatened to be attacked by Iran after 373 years,
- To let Russia target Turkish soil with Iskandar-E missiles, etc etc

I thank God it is "Zero Problem Policy" what if it was a "One or Two problems" policy...

Foreign policy must be business of intelligent statesmen, not populist exploiters', not fanatics', nor zero-problem inventor's only wisemen's. Otherwise even Algerians slap your dumb smiley face and you just wipe your tears like a baby and bluster you'll see soon soon.

Ashamed and tired of idiotic our new-invented foreign policy.

Lol We have a foreign policy expert here. We all know that you are saying this because you dont like akp government. Your comments are nothing to do with our current foregin policy.

This Algerian goverment are definitely just puppets of France, they do serve their former colonial masters very well, i guess they gotthe order from Sarko to say this! However, Turks and Algerians share so much history and culture this puppet goverment cannot ignore this fact, such an ungratefulness!

I am sure the Algerians disagree with their prime minster, which is not a surprise since he his government was not elected by the great Algerian people.

Then, it seems it is time for a revolution over there!

Sadfully Algerian media succeeded in convincing Algerians that these revolutions are an Israeli plot to destroy Arabs again. And Algerian Media keeps talking about how these revolters are traitors and that they are destroying Islam and the Arab world. Yes I find it very sad indeed that all Algerians I spoke to seem to have the same mindset "Foreign conspiracy".

Give it a little time, Algeria was just out of a bloody civil war, i give it 5-10 years, and that is just me guessing. Unless you are a gulf country, you will not survive in the Middle East until you turn into a democratic country that respects human rights. No future what so ever!

gun gelir o kelimeleri dedigine bin pisman ederiz...

a government that don't want to expose their past, what can the reason be... that they are heavily dependent on France.

what about those who had to die because of French brutal colonialism. they became martyrs in their own homeland because of some greedy ****** french piece of shits.

They like to suck up to those who raped them! Excuse me for my bad language brothers but Barbaros Hayrettin Pasa and his shehid sons made great sacrifices for those people!

Sadfully Algerian media succeeded in convincing Algerians that these revolutions are an Israeli plot to destroy Arabs again. And Algerian Media keeps talking about how these revolters are traitors and that they are destroying Islam and the Arab world. Yes I find it very sad indeed that all Algerians I spoke to seem to have the same mindset "Foreign conspiracy".
Give it some time, they were just out of a civil war. In 5-10 years, we will see people asking for their rights, especially if things go well in Tunisia, Egypt, and Libya.

Back
Top Bottom