What's new

Alam to head coach selection committee

ZaYYaF

Reaction score
Alam to head coach selection committee

KARACHI: Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) appointed a four-member committee on Monday to hire a new coach for the national team following the resignation of Waqar Younis.

“PCB has constituted a committee to look for a new coach,” said a brief PCB statement.

Waqar Younis submitted his resignation to the PCB prior to his departure for Zimbabwe, citing health reasons for quitting the post after the trip to the African country.

The committee will be headed by former Pakistan captain, manager and coach, Intikhab Alam and includes former Pakistan test captain Zaheer Abbas and former wicketkeeper batsman Col (R) Naushad Ali as its members.

Another former Pakistan captain Ramiz Raja, has consented to assist the committee in selecting the coach.

The committee will start working after the Eid holidays.

Alam to head coach selection committee | Sport | DAWN.COM

Although all of the members of this committee are experienced and known cricketers of Pakistan cricket, but I wonder if this will result in selection of a suitable coach for the team. I have read Jeff Lawson advised to opt for a foreign coach (maybe he wants to return to coaching the team, who knows?!), so I ask whether a foreign coach will be a suitable choice or a local one?

Back
Top Bottom