What's new

Al-Zarrar MBT | News,Updates & Discussions.

Both type-59 and 69 received Al Zarrar upgrades.
Receiving AZ upgrade is different thing, full tank conversion is different...........
Can you share the upgrades given to T59/69? And you once shared key info about armor of AK1, can you mention it again? :rolleyes1:

Some arrived and were in decent condition, while dont the fate of remaining tanks. The plan to upgrade them is going no where for now as HIT is focused on other projects including putting AK-1 into mass production.

thnx to confirm ...

How do you guess it is close to border bahi? What makes you say this?

--->

Fence_PAKISTAN-BORDER-IMG_82551.jpg

-->
border.PNG

Some arrived and were in decent condition, while i dont the fate of remaining tanks. The plan to upgrade them is going nowhere for now as HIT is focused on other projects including putting AK-1 into mass production.

Both type-59 and 69 received Al Zarrar upgrades.
i thought serbia was to upgrade them locally and then send them to pakistan

“The tanks, which had to be sold as obsolete equipment, will be modernized and sold to Pakistanis. Modernization will increase T-55 value many times. The deal was made in great secrecy because it is a contract worth tens of millions of dollars. An agreement in principle was reached in person with Pakistani Minister of Defense Industry,” said the source.

Oh, you were looking at the pylons that look like the ones on the border?

I doubt that however. Notice the HIGH VOLTAGE line in the back ground.
Screenshot_2017-02-07-00-52-48.png

I dont think there are these high voltage transmission line so close to border (within a kilometer or so as it seems in the pic).

the pylons you noticed must be something else.

Oh, you were looking at the pylons that look like the ones on the border?

I doubt that however. Notice the HIGH VOLTAGE line in the back ground.
View attachment 381156
I dont think there are these high voltage transmission line so close to border (within a kilometer or so as it seems in the pic).

the pylons you noticed must be something else.

If I remember correctly India & Pakistan are in agreement not to conduct military exercise near to border area (I think 10 or 20 KM limit is agreed from border area) to avoid any misunderstanding ....

We are upgrading them for many reason one of them is when they will go in reserve they will be much better , advance and useable in any future war...........
In very short our upgraded Tank Reserve (for some Junks) 1500+ vs Indian Reserve Tanks (as usual for some junks) 4000+ but for Indian side they will only have 2000 of there Upgraded max ,
And as I said PA only want 50T+ Tanks , like AK and AH(look like T84 Op) in good numbers may be around 1600+ both with few hundred heavy 55+T tank hopefully Chinese.
So we have to see what comes out................. Hope for the best.

e5948a1d4e0f16c2787c3b79062849cf.jpg

small question this is an al zarrar tank but is not similar to any of the recent pictures mainly the turret and the side Armour
does anyone have any details as to what happened to them??
were any of the T-59 ever upgraded to these..

View attachment 400382

small question this is an al zarrar tank but is not similar to any of the recent pictures mainly the turret and the side Armour
HIT began mass production of Al-Zarrar on 6 May 2003 under a renowned Project Manager, Engineer Mahmood Khan. First batch of 88 Al-Zarrar were delivered to the Pakistan Army on 26 February 2004.

Al Zarar MBT during the IDEAS 2006 Defence Exhibition held in Karachi, Pakistan.
1024px-Alzarrar.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Zarrar

View attachment 400382

HIT began mass production of Al-Zarrar on 6 May 2003 under a renowned Project Manager, Engineer Mahmood Khan. First batch of 88 Al-Zarrar were delivered to the Pakistan Army on 26 February 2004.

Al Zarar MBT during the IDEAS 2006 Defence Exhibition held in Karachi, Pakistan.
1024px-Alzarrar.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Zarrar

I guess these were prototypes.

Production variant;

IMG_5833.JPG
IMG_5838.JPG

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom