What's new

Al-Khalid tank (Type 90-IIM / MBT-2000) Information Pool

Lol its AK which has the ukranian engine not mbt-2000... among differences are the ERA,UAV conectivity,IBMS,DU rounds,MAIN GUN,sights,transmissions,ATPS etc etc

MBT-2000 is an entirely chinese version with all chinese systems while AK has HIT,GIDs,ukranian and EU sub systems.

While the AK-I is an upgraded version of AK...

1. That info above was collected from this thread only. You need to roll up. Regarding BA tank using 1,200 HP engines, I can confirm that these engines were ordered sometime back.

2. The question then is, why a merged thread which could cause some confusion?

1. That info above was collected from this thread only. You need to roll up. Regarding BA tank using 1,200 HP engines, I can confirm that these engines were ordered sometime back.

2. The question then is, why a merged thread which could cause some confusion?

Indeed you are right MBT-2000 also use the ukrainian engine bt apart from this everything is from china

well AK has western systems and Pakistani system

and the Ak1 is overall much superior to MBT-2000 as well as the basic Al khalid

waiting desperately for AK-II.... if anybody wants new pics of M109A5s i can go get em tommorow..lol

Those are cool machines... my Fathers brigade has em... fire em few weeks back... awesome stuff man.

Does Pakistan produce/overhaul the 155mm Gun barrels for those M109A5's?

---------- Post added at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

Are there any new pictures of the Al-Khalid I??

PakistanArmysThirdFieldExerciseinTharDesertaLKHALIDALZARRARTANKMBTM113SAADIFVAPCTERRORISMFATA.jpg

Why is there a big gap between those three ERA armor plates and that thing (armor?) that is welded to the rear of the turret?

Al-Khalid Turret should have an all round armor protection similar to the T-90:

945d1255405333-huntervast-t90.jpg

Indeed you are right MBT-2000 also use the ukrainian engine bt apart from this everything is from china

well AK has western systems and Pakistani system

and the Ak1 is overall much superior to MBT-2000 as well as the basic Al khalid

Can you elucidate that please?

Can you elucidate that please?

AK basic version aswell as AK-I are both superior to MBT-2000 in every sense... im not sure if mbt-2000 uses the ukrainian engine though.. coz PA got them coz they were suitable our climate n region...

Its superior coz of its gadgets... be it tranmission(lecrec),GUN(french .. now Indigenous claimed to be superior to the ones imported frm france),long rod ammo by HIT( not present in mbt-2000),Pak HIT DU rounds,it has HIT IBMS systems(unlike mbt)...it has upgraded VARTA-1 not present on mbt-2000,GIDs indigenous ERA which is lighter n better... we also provided it to turkey for their national tank...imagery n thermal sights are frm france n italy,sagem,catherine.. Hunter killer ability only present in Lecrec besides AK,Datalink,UAV conectivity all by HIT... among other goodies.

UAV connectivity? thats something new for me!
could you please provide some valid sources IF you have them

ohh nice! now thats something!

but im still a bit concern, there are only a few armoured plates and im sure you already know that new generation ATM attack tanks from top like US army Javelin.
i dont think we can do much now as its well underway into production. but do you think if we could put an active "hard kill" system on it?

Vt-1(MBT-2000 variant) designed for peru.Similar can be done on AL khalid with indegenous GIDS made ERA.
alkhalid.jpg

200341075112_al-khalid04.jpg

1. This thread has joined PA's Al Khalid and BA's MBT-2000. But they are different in many aspects. For instance AK, AK I and AK II are with Chinese 1,200, 1,300 and 1,500 HP engines. However, BA's MBT-2000 is coming with a 1,200 HP Ukranian engine.

2. Can anyone specify the major differences and similarities between AKs and MBT-2000 please?

You only have to go through previous pages of this thread to get more info instead of asking silly questions.

for those who are concerned abourt armor. During trials, it was proved that AK turret has much thicker composite armor coat than any MBT in Pakistan (including the T-80uds) which was not penetrated by any antitank munition including RPG-7s. This has been validated time and again. So much so that this is the reason for such light ERA blocks on turret because it is already well protected. The new generation armor used in AK-1 and soon on AK-2 with more thickness will be even better. Even as of now, AK and AK-1s are better protected than most T-80s and 90s but they do not have the habit of boasting about it. I wish they could put a name to their local armor though:)

My source is an eye witness to AK protection trials.

al-khalid is a good tank better then arjun thank but russian t90 are good and india is producing in large no so we are need alkhalid 2 which should be better then russian t90 and fight future models

Why is there a big gap between those three ERA armor plates and that thing (armor?) that is welded to the rear of the turret?

Al-Khalid Turret should have an all round armor protection similar to the T-90:
In that gap are normally mounted a whole bunch of dischargers for smoke and obscurant grenades. The ERA is oriented towards the forward arc, the stuf on the turret rear is a storage rack/bin (onto which ERA could be mounted) which might also help give some protection against AT-rockets if the bin makes the rocket (heat warhead) detonate at some distance from the actual turret steel.

Back
Top Bottom