What's new

Al-Khalid tank (Type 90-IIM / MBT-2000) Information Pool

Dear mods.
which other countries have AK's right now and how many in numbers, if there are any? and when did they get them? the price tag? and wheather they were supplied by us or china? (any one have the knowledge?)

What i have read in local news paper that we are getting type 96 from china not Alkhalid/ mbt 2000 or may be they can switch to mbt-2000 too . but personally i would love to see AlKhalid in Bangladeshi color .

http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangladesh-defence/116935-army-get-44-mbt-2000-tanks.html

WJMOn.jpg
IE66t.jpg
xwlHi.jpg
rDX78.jpg

The above pictures are they of Al Khalid 1 or Al Khalid 2 ?

The above pictures are they of Al Khalid 1 or Al Khalid 2 ?

this one:
xwlHi.jpg

with the slanted turret looks like the AK-II,,

well, if it is, it looks good, infact great!

i have quite a few sources in HIT so i wonder how is sneaked pass,
will be going to my home town tomorrow and will surely go and have a check.
will post if find anything interesting!!

thanks and best regards!
Arsalan Aslam

this one:
xwlHi.jpg

with the slanted turret looks like the AK-II,,

well, if it is, it looks good, infact great!

i have quite a few sources in HIT so i wonder how is sneaked pass,
will be going to my home town tomorrow and will surely go and have a check.
will post if find anything interesting!!

thanks and best regards!
Arsalan Aslam

i saw a video on youtube which states that the picture is captured in 2008..so i think this seem more of the AL khalid I.

the AL khalid II engine(1500hp) is nt yet selected

even though may be you are right

Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf gives a model of Al Khalid MBT to Lt Gen Mykhailo Borysiuk, General Designer of Armoured Vehicles and Artillery Systems
skJx3.jpg

Kharkiv Morozov Machine Building Design Bureau KMDB then began supplying Pakistan with the 6TD-2 diesel engine for installation on the Al-Khalid main battle tank, and has assisted with Pakistan's Al-Zarrar tank project aswell as the T-80UD - supplied to Pakistan.KMDB designed the T-80UD, a diesel-engined variant of the gas turbine-powered T-80, in 1985.

I believe Al-Khalid II will have a much bigger turret.

oky, but what is this suposed to be then?
i am trying but havent got a clue yet.

as of now, all i can say is that this pic might not be from HIT~
any input??
any idea what this is??
actually the turrets of AK and AK-I both are more round and curved from front as compared to this picture with a more slanted frontal portion of turret!
that's what confusion me!!

now its either the angel from where the pic is taken or what!

i am trying to figure this out with my source but not getting time to arrange a detailed seating! any help will be appreciated!
ANTIBODY??

Kunal Biswas ‎@Farhan, At the end of the day, AK is a tank with huge deign flaw, Any Shell either HEAT or AP will cut of that exposed Roof without ERA at top, Worst about AK that Exposed Roof at Front, right beneath it is the Tank commander and gunner, Not to mention Exposed ammo in the floor of the AK..
8 hours ago · Like · 1

is it true?

Back
Top Bottom