What's new

Al-Khalid tank (Type 90-IIM / MBT-2000) Information Pool

Have HIT been able to produce:
500 Al-Khalid
700 Al-Khalid-I
and what is the status of production of Al-Khalid-IIs as there are nothing available about it.

Also is HIT looking in to doing JV with Ukraine/Serbia/China for APC wheeled and tracked. Also HMC and POF looking in to produce Guns and rounds of good quality?

number of ak is around 600 and then they were upgraded to ak 1 standard
pakistan is getting serbian lazar 2 probably with tot

type991szerokockaruzeli.jpg

Militarysta later stated that the new "round" is misinformation since he agreed with Methos's measurements that the sabot-penetrator ratio or something else didn't check out. Keep throwing old stuff at me.

Militarysta on the 800 mm long round said:
No this photo is photoshoped, whole think was discus in two topics

He says Type-IIM's maximum penetrator length is 570 mm. That's quite high, penetration could be 600 mm.

650 mm is a dream which will be realized in the future.

Send me those e-mails, please :raise:

So you agree maximum penetration achievable is 600 mm ± 20 mm?

That should conclude this. :yahoo:

IA uses old version of Mango and Israeli CL II series as main APFSDS, i clearly said IF they use 3bm13. :)

Janes has given penetration value for Type-IIM as more than 600mm

There are no "old" and "new" versions of 3BM44. There does exist the "Lekalo" which is designated as 3BM44M but is completely different.

Do you mean the improved Ukrainian versions of the 3BM44 as the new ones?

konchar-2.jpg

"Konchar-2"

fr1ph3.jpg

Designation unknown

rogach.jpg

"Rogach" - BM44YL

Militarysta later stated that the new "round" is misinformation since he agreed with Methos's measurements that the sabot-penetrator ratio or something else didn't check out. Keep throwing old stuff at me.

He says Type-IIM's maximum penetrator length is 570 mm. That's quite high, penetration could be 600 mm.

650 mm is a dream which will be realized in the future.

Send me those e-mails, please :raise:

So you agree maximum penetration achievable is 600 mm ± 20 mm?

That should conclude this. :yahoo:

he calculated the new round to be somewhere around 800 mm which iwas a mistake since the modified autoloader allows 740-50 mm maximum.

Type-II maximum penetration is 553, M is between 600-650 mm, even Janes agrees to that. Why its not a dream? Because Poland achieved better penetration for improved Pronit APFSDS with improved metallurgy while keeping the same mass and overall dimensions. Again, it depends on multiple factors.

And 3BM42 does have at least two versions including the export version aka Mango, with penetration value not more than 520 mm @ 2000 m. the M version hasnt been exported as far as i know.

I have a better idea, this is AK info pool so lets take our discussion to another thread before our posts are removed. :D

Type-II maximum penetration is 553, M is between 600-650 mm, even Janes agrees to that. Why its not a dream? Because Poland achieved better penetration for improved Pronit APFSDS with improved metallurgy while keeping the same mass and overall dimensions. Again, it depends on multiple factors.

Ya. I agree, I mean 650 mm certified penetration is a dream for now. 600 is easy. :D

Dazzler said:
And 3BM42 does have at least two versions including the export version aka Mango, with penetration value not more than 520 mm @ 2000 m. the M version hasnt been exported as far as i know.

:no:

3BM42 - Mango, value is right.

3BM42M - Lekalo, Research topic - "Svinets-1", it is not even remotely related to 3BM42, sabot is different, construction is different, penetrator is different. No relation except the designation according to Fofanov and Harkonnen. Probably never for export in the next 10-15 years till 3BM48 "Svinets-2" or "Grifel" is ready fully

Dazzler said:
I have a better idea, this is AK info pool so lets take our discussion to another thread before our posts are removed. :D

Quote this post on some other thread :D

At 11:02, see Boron carbide cutting in various sizes...... A hint of possible AK, AZ armour

It must be remembered that HIT makes a variety of Carbides/ armour composition such as Aluminium carbide, Boron carbide and Silicon carbide to name a few.

Boron and tungsten carbide are used in Burlinton Armour composition, also known as Chobham armour.

Documentary: Heavy Industries Taxila (HIT) & Pakistan Ordnance Factories (POF) - Pakistan Army - YouTube

another link for Boron carbide manufacturing in our reactors since 80s...

http://www.e-polymers.org/journal/papers/tyasin_170408.pdf

@ANTIBODY

Sir, are you on the forum where militarysta posts?

Nice posts above :D

I follow certain members on various fora however Ive been very busy for the past 4-5 months

@Dazzler
/nabil --yar if I change the name to tank guns and ammunitions, it would encompass this kind of discussion scattered on various threads -- however would be needing your active involvement there as I am busy for the next 5-6 months

http://www.defence.pk/forums/guns-corner/229716-tank-guns-2.html
http://www.defence.pk/forums/land-warfare/120722-anti-tank-missiles-4.html

Last edited by a moderator:
@ANTIBODY, mate, I know that you aren't in the armed forces, but do tell why such infatuation with Tanks? I know that kids when young, have this dream of becoming a "pilot", because of all the presumed glitter and "too-ha" associated with it, however, I've yet to come across a kid who develops a passion for "tanks".... :D

So it is a relatively recent development or you always were into armored vehicles and stuff? :)

@ANTIBODY, mate, I know that you aren't in the armed forces, but do tell why such infatuation with Tanks? I know that kids when young, have this dream of becoming a "pilot", because of all the presumed glitter and "too-ha" associated with it, however, I've yet to come across a kid who develops a passion for "tanks".... :D

So it is a relatively recent development or you always were into armored vehicles and stuff? :)

I initially made the jf-17 thread purely out of necessity and lack of concise to the point information on jf-17 on the web--- after that members encouraged/asked me to make info pools on ak,agosta,awacs/special mission aircrafts,frigates/destroyers

I had relatives in PIA/PAF and they used to gift me j anes all the worlds aircrafts books , afm etc when I was at school however my first love was medicine

@ANTIBODY sir, any idea what the triangle-like structure on the front turret is for? Because I have seen that Israeli NERA attachments resembling those, only, they were not hollow. :confused:

o bhai kabhi battlefield , cod , c&c kheli hai ???? :D

Back
Top Bottom