What's new

Akbar and other Mughals

Its not about the steam engine friend. Europe had seen its scientific institutions begin to flourish way back in the 12th century, when they began to to import knowledge from the middle east and improve upon it. By contrast, North Indian scientific institutions and centers of learing (Mathura, Ujjain, Varanasi, etc.) went into terminal decline and their scientific output went to zero, thanks to the Mughals who wanted nothing to do with them. The great gametic cities atrophied and declined into ghosts of their former past.

Also, the Mughals did not 'bring affluence' to India. India was always an affluent place (in relative terms of course).

Irrigation? LOL..are you joking? Are you suggesting that Indians did not know about irrigation befor the Mughals? Let me tell you, the first dam in India was the Grand Anicut, built by the Chola king Karikalan in the 2nd century BC.

Read:
Grand Anicut - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sorry do disappoint you, but the Mughals did ZERO to develop India. Whatever they did do, other empires did far better in the same time frame. Infact, the Mughals presided over the most spectacular decline in learning and science of Indian history.

The most enlightened Mughal (Akbar) was an illiterate. Need I say more?

That is your biased opinion. India in its history never dominated in the field of science and technology. Aristotol born long before 12th century. We just dont like to talk about those for our own gratification but Guras were always miles ahead of Indians even when they could not manage to feed themselves.
The learning institutes you mentioned were just religious institutes driven by Buddhism. Yes they did some good work in the field of Philosophy and some great poetry were written. Also there were some astronomoy which had basically no practical values. The best we could say about the invention of Zero but I still doubt european borrowed it from here or not.

Yes Mogul did some good work in the field of good governance and introduce India with International trade. And yes they also worked in the field of modernization of Farming. They also work in road communication and also introduced institutionalized education Madrassas (which you may not like).
Mogul also introduced some written form of administration and invented a complete new language called Urdu.

Well I can go on for ever but will not change a bit if you keep a biased opinion inside you with extreme inferiority complex.

That is your biased opinion. India in its history never dominated in the field of science and technology. Aristotol born long before 12th century. We just dont like to talk about those for our own gratification but Guras were always miles ahead of Indians even when they could not manage to feed themselves.

HAHAHA. What bloody nonsense. Atleast learn to spell "Aristrotle".

You clearly know nothing about Indian scientific accomplishments, and yes, let me tell you, India DID dominate most of the world in terms of scientific accomplishment. Wow. You are really ignorant.

The learning institutes you mentioned were just religious institutes driven by Buddhism. Yes they did some good work in the field of Philosophy and some great poetry were written. Also there were some astronomoy which had basically no practical values. The best we could say about the invention of Zero but I still doubt european borrowed it from here or not.

Philosophy of course. Indian philosophy has always been an inspiration to the world, and these were not just religious institutions, they were centers of astronomy, centers of art, architecture, mathematics, surgery, ethics, administration etc.

My friend, get yourself an education. Prompto.

Yes Mogul did some good work in the field of good governance and introduce India with International trade. And yes they also worked in the field of modernization of Farming. They also work in road communication and also introduced institutionalized education Madrassas (which you may not like).
Mogul also introduced some written form of administration and invented a complete new language called Urdu.

International trade? LOL. Are you suggesting that Indians did not trade with the world before the Mughals? More nonsense from you. Indians have traded with the Romans, the Greeks, the Chinese, South East Asia, since time immemorial. What rubbish!

Madarassas? Tell me my friend, what use are Madarassas in a country of mostly non-muslims? And moreover, what scientific accomplishments were done in these Madarassas? NOTHING. ZILCH. ZERO.

Urdu? Haha. Well gee, they developed a language. What a fantastic accomplishment! Who would have thought of that!

Last edited:
HAHAHA. What bloody nonsense. Atleast learn to spell "Aristrotle".

You clearly know nothing about Indian scientific accomplishments, and yes, let me tell you, India DID dominate most of the world in terms of scientific accomplishment. Wow. You are really ignorant.

The learning institutes you mentioned were just religious institutes driven by Buddhism. Yes they did some good work in the field of Philosophy and some great poetry were written. Also there were some astronomoy which had basically no practical values. The best we could say about the invention of Zero but I still doubt european borrowed it from here or not.[/QUOT]

Philosophy of course. Indian philosophy has always been an inspiration to the world, and these were not just religious institutions, they were centers of astronomy, centers of art, architecture, mathematics, surgery, ethics, administration etc.

My friend, get yourself an education. Prompto.

International trade? LOL. Are you suggesting that Indians did not trade with the world before the Mughals? More nonsense from you. Indians have traded with the Romans, the Greeks, the Chinese, South East Asia, since time immemorial. What rubbish!

Madarassas? Tell me my friend, what use are Madarassas in a country of mostly hindus? And moreover, what scientific accomplishments were done in these Madarassas? NOTHING. ZILCH. ZERO.

Urdu? Haha. Well gee, they developed a language. What a fantastic accomplishment! Who would have thought of that!

I m not nonsense but you are dumb who yet to learn how to response to a intellegent talk...
There were no practical tool that you could come up with which was invented on those institution like steam engine? or something Archemedese did? Ohh by the way be compassionate on my spelling. Not every word in greek or romans i could spell.
It feels good to dream about Indian were the most advance people in the whole world but the truth is, it was not. Even chinese invented a lot of things well ahead of Europeans like gun powder and some other machines.
I just dont find India in the same level even though I belong to this community.

They were never pakistanis either... so why so pakistani live with this stupid notion that they ruled in for many centuries...though fact is that they its the foreigners from Mahmud of Ghazni who over throw hindu shahi empire ruling in current day pakistan to Turkmen/moghul Babar had no bearing with pakistan.

when did we say they were Pakistanis :)
whenever we talk we say Muslims ruled over INDIA.

If just because they were followers of islam can any muslim say actually their ancentors were ruling india..??.in the same token may be a convert in tamilnadu or pashtun in pakistan say his ancestors were Beduins of Arabia. There may be some arab or Turkmen/moghul blood among the current citizens subcontinets but thats very negligible.

Again we dont claim to be childern of Mughals without any proof unlike Indians :)

And well if anyone's ancestors are Arabian Beduin he/she will say so but if not atleast he/she should not claim that

HAHAHA.

It feels good to dream about Indian were the most advance people in the whole world but the truth is, it was not. Even chinese invented a lot of things well ahead of Europeans like gun powder and some other machines.
I just dont find India in the same level even though I belong to this community.

iajdani,
what irony that u dont know about ur indian history of which Bangadesh always been part of...u talk as if indian civilization started with muslim or moghul invasion...what a shame!

If u are interested u can read many authentic sources about indian contribution toi world science ...pls google it before demonstrating any more ignorance here.

some still suffers from the propaganda virus spread on other pakistani forums where no substantial indian counter arguments are allowed.

In a way,this forum which open a fair dabate may help to bust to those myths long hold as well researched modern history among general pakistani populous.:hitwall:

ehhh sorry to burst your bubble I am a PATHAN and thank God i have no link with whatsoever with Indian blood :)

But oh yeh may be my ancestors did attack India from Afghanistan :D

anyway what modern history you want to teach us ?

ehhh sorry to burst your bubble I am a PATHAN and thank God i have no link with whatsoever with Indian blood :)

But oh yeh may be my ancestors did attack India from Afghanistan :D

anyway what modern history you want to teach us ?

what bubble ??

U always have been so loud about ur " PATHAN " background even people visiting neighbouring websites know that u are a pathan...:lol:

And no offence... ur ancestors first attacked the areas that come under todays pakistan...so if u feel like u can hand ur sorry to note them....cause it made no difference to me still a Brahmin like my ancient ancestors those come to india thousands years ago...I still chant my Vedic verse .:coffee:

iajdani,
what irony that u dont know about ur indian history of which Bangadesh always been part of...u talk as if indian civilization started with muslim or moghul invasion...what a shame!

If u are interested u can read many authentic sources about indian contribution toi world science ...pls google it before demonstrating any more ignorance here.

I did not say Indian civilization started in Mogul era. It was the era when India was at its peak in trade and economy.

what bubble ??

U always have been so loud about ur " PATHAN " background even people visiting neighbouring webites know that u are a pathan...:lol:

And no offence... ur ancestors first attacked the areas that come under todays pakistan...so if u feel like u can hand ur sorry to note them....cause it made no difference to me still a Brahmin like my ancient ancestors those come to india thousands years ago...I still chant my Vedic verse .:coffee:

:) i consider it important to remind you before you try to tell me anything about Indian/Hindu blood. I aint have any of these.

Secondly NO my ancestors have only been using current day Pakistan as gateway to attack your India :)

The current day Pakistan bordering Afghanistan have always been a gateway to attack current day Hindustan.

and lolz on brahmins the fake people who have snatched the real hindusim from the real Hindus and today the original Hindus are oppressed.

and oh even if my ancestors attacked currrent day Pakistan it proves they were good warriors ;)

:lol:
:) i consider it important to remind you before you try to tell me anything about Indian/Hindu blood. I aint have any of these.

Secondly NO my ancestors have only been using current day Pakistan as gateway to attack your India :) The current day Pakistan bordering Afghanistan have always been a gateway to attack current day Hindustan.

and lolz on brahmins the fake people who have snatched the real hindusim from the real Hindus and today the origional Hindus are opperessed.

Oh really,i guess ur ancestors were soothsayers who knew exactly where Radicliffe would draw the partition line in 1947...hats up to ur ancestors .

fake brahmins?? Real Hindus??:lol:

Jana madam,pls pardon us ur deep insightful knowlegde about hinduism.:hitwall:

" and oh even if my ancestors attacked currrent day Pakistan it proves they were good warriors .;) "

yaa,right... but problem is area inhabited by ur people never cease to be battle fields.:wave:

Last edited:
Secondly NO my ancestors have only been using current day Pakistan as gateway to attack your India :)

Are you trying to claim that that the land under present day Pakistan was used just as a gate!?

Why so? It was one of the densely populatedc regions, quite rich too. But as per your logic, the invading Afghans didnt find anything worth in Pakistan to plunder. Why so?

I hope you really gave some thought before claiming Pakistan was used just as a gateway!

I did not say Indian civilization started in Mogul era. It was the era when India was at its peak in trade and economy.

No, just speaking about eastern india which include todays Bangladesh, we were conducting more trade with places in far east asia like Indonesia,Malaysia,phlipines,koria for centuries before the moghuls by the sea route.These india areas were very prosperous ...its a different matter that most of our temple bulit during 10th century are gone...u know how

Even till today,orissa celebrates its ancient tradition of trader sailing off to distant islands like Java, Sumatra, Borneo, Ceylon in south asia on the auspicious day of Kartika purnima.

Kartika Purnima, Kartika Purnima Festival, Hindu Festivals, Festivals of Orissa, Kartika Festivals, Kartika month Festivals, Legends behind Kartika Purnima, Stories of Kartika Purnima, Rituals behind Kartika Purnima

And How do u think indian Buddist religion went off to these far off places ??

No, just speaking about eastern india which include todays Bangladesh, we were conducting more trade with places in far east asia like Indonesia,Malaysia,phlipines,koria for centuries before the moghuls by the sea route.These india areas were very prosperous ...its a different matter that most of our temple bulit during 10th century are gone...u know how

Even till today,orissa celebrates its ancient tradition of trader sailing off to distant islands like Java, Sumatra, Borneo, Ceylon in south asia on the auspicious day of Kartika purnima.

Kartika Purnima, Kartika Purnima Festival, Hindu Festivals, Festivals of Orissa, Kartika Festivals, Kartika month Festivals, Legends behind Kartika Purnima, Stories of Kartika Purnima, Rituals behind Kartika Purnima

And How do u think indian Buddist religion went off to these far off places ??

Well you talking about Pala dyanasty which was another golden era. But those trade were again in a very limited scale. I was talking about flourishing european market with silk and muslin. Silk used to go from Murshidabad area and Muslin from Dhaka region. And you know what both the city was built by Moguls.

I was talking about flourishing european market with silk and muslin. Silk used to go from Murshidabad area and Muslin from Dhaka region. And you know what both the city was built by Moguls.

iajdani,

India was a major textile producing and exporting country long before the Moguls.
Excerpts from a couple of articles:

"The foundations of the Indian textile trade with other countries began as early as the second century BC. A hoard of block printed and resist-dyed fabrics, mainly of Gujrati origin, found in the tombs of Fostat, Egypt, are the proof of large scale Indian export of cotton textiles to the Egypt in medieval times."

"India has a diverse and rich textile tradition. The origin of Indian textiles can be traced to the Indus valley civilization. The people of this civilization used homespun cotton for weaving their garments. Excavations at Harappa and Mohenjo-Daro, have unearthed household items like needles made of bone and spindles made of wood, amply suggesting that homespun cotton was used to make garments. Fragments of woven cotton have also been found from these sites.

The first literary information about textiles in India can be found in the Rig-Veda, which refers to weaving. The ancient Indian epics-Ramayana and Mahabharata also speak of a variety of fabrics of those times. The Ramayana refers to the rich styles worn by the aristocracy on one hand and the simple clothes worn by the commoners and ascetics. Ample evidence on the ancient textiles of India can also be obtained from the various sculptures belonging to Mauryan and Gupta age as well as from ancient Buddhist scripts and murals (Ajanta caves). Legend has it that when Amrapali, a courtesan from the kingdom of Vaishali met Gautama Buddha, she wore a richly woven semi transparent sari, which speaks volumes of the technical achievement of the ancient Indian weaver.

India had numerous trade links with the outside world and Indian textiles were popular in the ancient world. Indian silk was popular in Rome in the early centuries of the Christian era. Hoards of fragments of cotton material originating from Gujarat have been found in the Egyptian tombs at Fostat, belonging to 5th century A.D. Cotton textiles were also exported to China during the heydays of the silk route.

Silk fabrics from south India were exported to Indonesia during the 13th century. India also exported printed cotton fabrics or chintz, to European countries and the Far East before the coming of the Europeans to India. The British East India Company also traded in Indian cotton and silk fabrics, which included the famous Dacca muslins. Muslins from Bengal, Bihar and Orissa were also popular abroad.(Muslin-a very thin cotton material) (Chintz-cotton cloth, usually printed with flowery patterns, that has a slightly shiny appearance)"

Back
Top Bottom