What's new

Akash SAM Successfully Test Fired Again

Dost keiseee baaatein kartaa hai ? We're a friendly country too....! :kiss3:

Eik do bheeej dei mein hum bhi tou bhai log hein border ke isss taraf !

On a serious note : I'm a complete noob so if someone would like to bear with me I'd be much obliged - How well does this compare with the SPADA ?

donk know much but stating few differences in SPADA & Aksah

pay load 35kg in SPADA & 60 Kg in Akash
mobility - limited in SPADA & highly mobile in Army configration Akash.

may be on UAV as a target

But UAV's are dumb and easy target...no??

Its tested against PTA Lakshya. You can see two small missiles under the wings of Lakshya. One of them is fired from Lakshya and engaged by Akash. Thats why Akash has good anti-cruise missile capability and ability to destroy stealthy small RCS targets.

6516173245_c3725e1616_z.jpg

Got it thanks...but why Lakshya?...If it is a matter of firing an Air to Ground missile then why not some MKI's or likes...Not well versed with physics but a missile fired by MKI will reach more quicker than one fired by Lakshya because of additional speed of MKI, no???....

Nice to see so much testing of Akash System.DRDO is not afraid to test it time to time to validate the technology.To me numeric advantage of PLAAF can be negated by this kind of SAM.Nice Job.Dodging this SAM placed in the Himalayn mountain range some where in Sikkim,AP,WB or Ladhak is a challenge for PLAAF.Keep going....

But UAV's are dumb and easy target...no??

Got it thanks...but why Lakshya?...If it is a matter of firing an Air to Ground missile then why not some MKI's or likes...Not well versed with physics but a missile fired by MKI will reach more quicker than one fired by Lakshya because of additional speed of MKI, no???....

The target is towed by Lakshya ... not a missile fired by Lakshya.

It is standard practice all over the world, to test SAMs this way.

And nobody risks an MKI, for such a task. (Even US doesn't use F-16 to tow targets for SAMs).

śūnya_0_Zero;2975366 said:
The target is towed by Lakshya ... not a missile fired by Lakshya.

It is standard practice all over the world, to test SAMs this way.

And nobody risks an MKI, for such a task. (Even US doesn't use F-16 to tow targets for SAMs).

Thanks...actually i am not challenging the standard practice but making sense out of it...UAV is pretty slow and dumb...I mean how can we say that our system is good enough to tackle high speed/maneuverable jets by testing them on just UAV's...I totally understand that one has to be a fool to risk MKI's or other fighters for this but does that mean Akash real test is only going to be in real game??

Back
Top Bottom