What's new

Akash Mark-II version will be ready by 2012 : DRDO

GORKHALI

Reaction score
SOURCE : IDRW NEWS NETWORK

DRDO with its recent success in getting orders worth Rs 23,300-crore from Indian air force and Indian army for its Akash SAM ,is currently working on a improved Mark-II version of the surface to air missile and will have its first flight test by end of 2012 :cool: :victory:. Akash Mark-II version will carry Minor critical improvement over Mark-1 variant and will not be a completely new missile , DRDO for this reason has not asked for any additional funding from the center for this improvement . New MK-2 will have better accuracy and will also be little faster then the current variant. Mark-2 variant will also will have faster reaction time to cover the threat and will have an minor extended range to the missile which will be 10 to 12 km improvement over the Mark-1 variant :azn: :smokin: . Mark-2 variant will be replacing old soviet union acquired SA-3 GOA (Pechora) SAM systems. India’s plans to fortify North Eastern border area with China by installing Akash MK-1 close to the border there , DRDO expects Air force and Army will order more of Akash MK-1 and MK-2 SAM batteries to cover lot of non covered area in North east and western Borders . DRDO still has not proposed any longer range variant of SAM yet , but Barak-8 which DRDO is developing jointly with Israelis for the Indian Navy might have a Land based variant to cover this requirement in future .

Where is Ruby jack As* ,our beloved friend ?? :argh: :angry: i want to show him why his name suits him so much today ..

DRDO didnt ask for any addition fund for development of Akash mk II. Good. 12 km additional range and greater accuracy will add extra punch to the system. I think the are concentrating against cruise missiles.

But wasnt the Mk II supposed to effective over atleast 60 km ?? :undecided:

But wasnt the Mk II supposed to effective over atleast 60 km ?? :undecided:

no !karthic even the same news was reported by SHIV AROOR that its a sheer waste of resource to work for MRSAM and LRSAM ,when we already have a JV with israel working on it ..

Bhago..Peaceful aaya...

hehehe nice.

no !karthic even the same news was reported by SHIV AROOR that its a sheer waste of resource to work for MRSAM and LRSAM ,when we already have a JV with israel working on it ..

Pandora bhai, dont forget, AAD could also be used as an Extended Range Surface-to-Air Missile, beside being used as a ballistic missile interceptor.

We have a JV with France also....We have also purchased Spyder system from Israel, can anybody tell me where they are installed ??

DRDO didnt ask for any addition fund for development of Akash mk II. Good. 12 km additional range and greater accuracy will add extra punch to the system. I think the are concentrating against cruise missiles.

Imagine, if they felt need for more funds and asked for it, media will jump in with argument - "Akash is fat, now they want more money. They already ate so much".

If it were a private company, they wouldn't make a modification without extra money. I think, DRDO is doing a mistake by not asking more money. This will give a wrong impression in media, when they ask money next time.

Imagine, if they felt need for more funds and asked for it, media will jump in with argument - "Akash is fat, now they want more money. They already ate so much".

If it were a private company, they wouldn't make a modification without extra money. I think, DRDO is doing a mistake by not asking more money. This will give a wrong impression in media, when they ask money next time.

if we are upgrading akash then we also should upgrade aad to sam version for both iaf and navy

and we should prefer it over akash mk2

Pandora bhai, dont forget, AAD could also be used as an Extended Range Surface-to-Air Missile, beside being used as a ballistic missile interceptor.

Bro...It will be too costly to shoot down a fighter plane, cruise missile etc....Several other systems are available for that role.....

So lets hope that it will accomplish all parameters of a ballistic missile interceptor....Not as an Extended Range Surface-to-Air Missile...

Back
Top Bottom