Airshow held by PAC and RAeS

WebMaster

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
A day I can't forget
Rughaina Rehman
Everybody has a day or special event memory that he cannot simply forget. Airshow on 29 Jan 2017 at PAF Base Minhas Air Movement was same to me. Being the member of RAeS I was invited to attend the airshow in fact I am the one who collected information from FDC MRF. Sir Kamran Ahmed was updating us (the members) regarding preparations of event. I am getting more and more excited as each minute passes. Me and my friends reached school area by 10:20 and we departed at almost 10:30. In bus we were discussing about the event, there was excitement everywhere. We passed through PAF Base and most of my fellows were watching with full attention, they didn't visit the base not at least once. When we reached air movement there was Sqn Ldr Ali, the most humble man, he set the members in the front row and students at back. There were national song, air force songs and one of my favorite sherdil playing. The show started with the Quran recitation and static display of models from Islamabad Aeromodelling Club. And there was super mushak, THE PROFICIENT, Wing Commander Shehryar was Flyer of Mushak. And trust me he was awesome. He rolls it and spins it like he owns it. He takesoff and lands in front of my eyes, it was fascinating. As it lands Flt Lt Waqas Akram announced that now its time for "Aero models". The participants came one by one and showed their skills what this new generation has got for aviation. Aeromodelling is an emerging hobby and these guys seems masters of aeromodelling. My favorite move was one of the jet goes in the air stands stills in upright position.I have seen this before but only in videos. After RC flying there was Helicopter fly past but honestly we kamra members are not much impressed by it, as we saw air ambulance over our heads buzzing like bee. If they allow me to fly Heli with pilot then I can say something! And how can I forget about that quadcopter with GoPro camera recording video of the event. In my opinion kids of City School if really enjoyed in this event was that quadcopter. They are so much happy, waving their hands to it. Its 1:40 and here's our thing THE LUNCH. I have to say it was so delicious, thanks to BRAVO FOODS. There were stalls by PAC commissary but we were waiting for paragliders. They were in sky with green, red, blue colors with them. I really feel proud at that time. It feel like we exist and we are in the world, we have the capability to show the world who are we. All the patriotism that I lost while watching Pakistan Cricket matches came at the right time, at the right moment. Of course it was not these paragliders, it was JF-17 THUNDER'S takeoff. I lost my nerves and split my cup full of coffee on floor, but who cares when thunder is in front of you? And Flyer like Wing Commander Yasir. He nailed it! He was the man of the match. It was dream that comes true, it was a million dollar, moment I can't resist. Worlds mad about koenigsegg and I only found Thunder! Then there was Para trooping by SSW PAF , flags of Pakistan, PAF, RAeS were attached to them.
At the end there was gifts ceremony. Gifts were distributed by chairman among the participants.and we members also had a group photo with chairman.
Being a girl and aviation lover this is not less than a fairytale to me! And all credit goes to Gp Capt kamran and RAeS.
Special Thanks To:-
Sqn Ldr Ali
Professor Sadaf

IMG-20170130-WA0101.jpg
IMG-20170130-WA0110.jpg
IMG-20170130-WA0112.jpg
IMG-20170130-WA0183.jpg
IMG-20170205-WA0026.jpg
IMG-20170213-WA0013.jpg
IMG-20170213-WA0014.jpg
IMG-20170213-WA0015.jpg
IMG-20170213-WA0016.jpg