What's new

Airlines food experiences.

Wow. . I’m a bit envious that most of you have traveled on so many different airlines to different destinations.

why are people so hung up in airline food, the purpose of an airline to transport people from point A to point B. Next we should open a thread about bathroom experience in restaurants since we are talking about misplaced priorities.

I just bring a sandwich or two from the departure deli instead of eating airline food

Wow. . I’m a bit envious that most of you have traveled on so many different airlines to different destinations.

In third world countries air travel is considered a privilege that only affluent people can afford and hence its common to talk about your air travel experience in a gathering so show your financial position. In western countries air travel is a necessity and you will harly hear anyone bragging about their air travel experiences.

I cannot eat the airplane food :( The smell makes me feel nausea. I will always order a fruit platter when making a booking and that fruit platter is more or less same across all airlines (have tried on Emirates, Oman, Qatar and Turkish).

PIA food is a bit better for me but honestly it may not be because of quality but a personal preference. I dont like plane food in general.

Emirates
Etihad
Thai
Singapore
Qatar
Garuda Indo

I think all airline food are bad !!! PIA is too spicy infact bawaseri spicy. Other were tasteless in fact terribly pheekay, Qatar, American Airline, Emirates. US airlines i used in their domestic routes, they give u nothing except a phulay da packet !!!!

To be honest with you, I don't like plane food. Just for the sake of argument, my food experience is as follows
I cannot eat the airplane food :( The smell makes me feel nausea. I will always order a fruit platter when making a booking and that fruit platter is more or less same across all airlines (have tried on Emirates, Oman, Qatar and Turkish).

PIA food is a bit better for me but honestly it may not be because of quality but a personal preference. I dont like plane food in general.

Agreed overall the home food is better ...Normally the food in business class is better and portions are larger and more options are available. I mostly eat at stop over airports if is not a direct flight. Now it is my compulsion to eat to eat airplane food because I have to travel so I've kind of acquired the taste.

PIA's food, as far as I remember, used to be kind of mix of desi food. It has been a while since I travelled with PIA but now as PIA is recovering from losses and flying to more destination along with improving the overall quality, I will inshaAllah travel with PIA...apart from other people, my experience with PIA's staff has been better. And the fun of talking in Urdu with the crew, just a different experience that I cannot express in words but still I see inferiority complexed people trying to use English in their hard desi accents...I'm like WTH :(

You can buy it on plane mostly pre cooked
I travelled with Ryanair on my first Euro trip, three good things I liked..It is cheap, it is very punctual and it is safe but I hate three things that normally it flies second class airports which are quite far from the city so extra travelling cost & time and some time no good options are available, second every amenity costs extra and third the behaviour of the staff is not good and borderline racist. So I stopped using Ryanair. Among cheap airlines Norwegian is better.

Agreed overall the home food is better ...Normally the food in business class is better and portions are larger and more options are available. I mostly eat at stop over airports if is not a direct flight. Now it is my compulsion to eat to eat airplane food because I have to travel so I've kind of acquired the taste.
For me its not about the quality of the choices. The issue is really the fact that the plane is a confined space and the smell of all those food trays will just overwhelm me. My way out of this is that i will order a fruit platter at booking. They serve the special meals first. I will just eat it and by the time they start giving out regular meals i am done with mine and rubbed that wet tissue on my nose :rofl: to keep off the smell a bit. Honestly speaking, i am not very choosy with my food and will like to try new things all the time, just that i cannot eat the plane food.

PIA's food, as far as I remember, used to be kind of mix of desi food. It has been a while since I travelled with PIA but now as PIA is recovering from losses and flying to more destination along with improving the overall quality, I will inshaAllah travel with PIA...apart from other people, my experience with PIA's staff has been better. And the fun of talking in Urdu with the crew, just a different experience that I cannot express in words but still I see inferiority complexed people trying to use English in their hard desi accents...I'm like WTH :(
Happy that PIA is recovering and i hope they will start doing a bit better in coming years. Will love to switch to PIA but since i am mostly traveling for work and on short trips, i prefer to fly from my city or Lahore and try to choose an airline that is punctual. PIA seem too much of a risk for such tours :(

My take is four factors are important while travelling by airline
  1. one origin/destination of flight
  2. Two your own instructions for special food at the time of reservation
  3. three Professionalism/apathy of airlines
  4. four which class you are travelling in
Since I prefer low spice food then in order of quality/quantity my choices are
  • Emirates Business Class
  • Qatar Business
  • Turkish
  • Etihad
  • Singapore
  • MAS (Malaysia)
  • Swiss Air
  • Qantas
  • Thai is also good
  • BA used to be but not anymore
  • SAS (though I have limited experience traveled just a few time)
  • Citi/UBS Private Banking Planes :-)

As for PIA/Mihin/Uzbek Air etc, I have been travelling internationally for almost 3 decades PIA I think made the same food decades ago somehow froze it in time and serves the same food in all its flights (Later two airlines get the same crappy catering my guess from PIA flight kitchen)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom