What's new

Aircraft carrier HMS Invincible is put up for sale

jha

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Aircraft carrier HMS Invincible is put up for sale

After 32 years of service in the Royal Navy, the carrier Invincible is up for sale on the Disposal Service Authority website – the government equivalent of eBay.

invnce620_1772768b.jpg

Machinery and Systems

Boilers 4 Stones Vapour type for auxiliary steam. Not serviceable.
Main Engines 4 Olympus gas turbines – Removed
Generators 8 in number Paxman Valenta 1.75MW Diesel Generators. Not serviceable.
Auxiliaries and Pumps Electrically, diesel and hydraulically driven. Not working.
Electrical System breached in many places. NOT FIT FOR USE.
Steering Gear Twin Hydraulic rams driving crossheads. Locked
Electronic & Sensors Few machines remain. None working.
GMDSS None

Batteries Removed.
Fire-Fighting Not working or maintained.
Sanitary Seawater flush to sea or Sewage Treatment Plant. Cleaned but not working

Machinery and Systems

Boilers 4 Stones Vapour type for auxiliary steam. Not serviceable.
Main Engines 4 Olympus gas turbines – Removed
Generators 8 in number Paxman Valenta 1.75MW Diesel Generators. Not serviceable.
Auxiliaries and Pumps Electrically, diesel and hydraulically driven. Not working.
Electrical System breached in many places. NOT FIT FOR USE.
Steering Gear Twin Hydraulic rams driving crossheads. Locked
Electronic & Sensors Few machines remain. None working.
GMDSS None

Batteries Removed.
Fire-Fighting Not working or maintained.
Sanitary Seawater flush to sea or Sewage Treatment Plant. Cleaned but not working
OK How much they pay to take it ???

you know it ll be a good idea to turn this 32 year old vessel in some kind of hotel museum like the one in New York i think it ll be more profitable that way .also most of the countries would go for new and relatively cheap Russian carriers .
just my 2 cents

Man Why are they Selling it, they Could Use it as a Floating Museum Like India did to INS Vikrant

you know it ll be a good idea to turn this 32 year old vessel in some kind of hotel museum like the one in New York i think it ll be more profitable that way .also most of the countries would go for new and relatively cheap Russian carriers .
just my 2 cents

No it will not be profitable. We have faced similar situation with our aircraft carrier and that takes lot of maintenance cost etc.

I'd give 100 bucks for that Carrier but only if they are willing to give harriers along with it :D

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom