What's new

Airbus: We have sealed an historic order with IranAir for 100 jets

No US License Needed to Buy Sukhoi Superjet-100: Iranian Official
1396112314191489713322704.jpg

Secretary of Association of Iranian Airlines Maqsoud Asadi Samani said Sukhoi has made the latest modifications to Superjet-100, and has overcome the limitations to sales to Iran, as less than 10 percent of the aircraft's components are American-made.

The official also described Super-100 as a suitable option for Iran, considering that many of the country’s airports remain unused due to lack of regional planes with fewer than 100 seats.

The Russian plane’s price varies from 20 to 25 million dollars, depending on its options, he noted.
139611231419146913322704.jpg
1396112314191385113322704.jpg
1396112314191428813322704.jpg

https://www.tasnimnews.com/en/news/...d-to-buy-sukhoi-superjet-100-iranian-official

The PowerJet SaM146 is a turbofan engine produced by the PowerJet joint venture between Snecma of France and NPO Saturn of Russia. Developing 68–80 kN of thrust, the SaM146 is used on the Sukhoi Superjet 100.:rolleyes:

http://tass.com/economy/949039

The jet MC-21

1169870.jpg

The MC-21 short-and medium-haul narrow-body aircraft ("Mainline aircraft of the 21st century") conducted its maiden flight on May 28. Lasting only 30 minutes, the flight from the Irkutsk Aviation Plant airfield in Siberia took the airliner to an altitude of 1,000 meters and a speed of 300 km/hour.

Plans are in store to produce two of the plane’s versions: the MC-21-200, which will carry 132 to 165 passengers, and the MC-21-300, which will carry 163 to 211 passengers.

The first client is Russia’s Aeroflot, which plans to have 50 MC-21s in its fleet. There are foreign customers as well. Crecom Burj Berhad (Malaysia) has ordered 25 MC-21s with 25 options from Irkut. Cairo Aviation (Egypt) has agreed to acquire six MC-21s with options for a further four of the type. Among potential foreign customers are Air Tanzania (Tanzania), as well as Iran, Saudi Arabia and Indonesia.

According to Russian Industry and Trade Minister Denis Manturov, Russia may deliver 1,000 MC-21s until 2037.

I'll say this on the subject. If Iran does decide to buy Russian jets and invest in Russian Airliners then it should be assumed that Russia would further its ties with Iran since Iran is helping massively with a relatively fledgling Russian aviation industry as far as commercial air liners go.
Dear Tay

IranAir - ATR: deal 8 of 20 ATRs delivered to IranAir ( I think ATR promised full delivery till end of 2018 )

IranAir's ceo is already satisfied with their new ATRs and she said they have plan to get another 20 ATR after full delivery of current deal .

IranAir - Boeing : 0 of 80 delivered to IranAir :rolleyes: more than 12 months after deal ( 10 year deal )

IranAir - Airbus : 3 of 100 delivered to IranAir :rolleyes: more than 12 months after deal ( 10 year deal )

As you can see both Airbus and Boeing at this moment are behind the schedule . I think Airbus is a big shareholder in ATR Company so their decisions coming from one group ( personal opinion ) .

It will raise a question in my mind why its okay for IranAir to get ATR but our american and european friends are worried and more careful for delivering narrow-bodies and wide-body airplanes to IranAir ?

Do they note the specific reasons for the delay (I don't doubt at all that the delay is most likely due to political reasons).

I'll say this on the subject. If Iran does decide to buy Russian jets and invest in Russian Airliners then it should be assumed that Russia would further its ties with Iran since Iran is helping massively with a relatively fledgling Russian aviation industry as far as commercial air liners go.

Do they note the specific reasons for the delay (I don't doubt at all that the delay is most likely due to political reasons).
Its something about down payment to boeing.

Hey there Pin Gu!

So I checked and it's an Trump based delay
with some ramifications and extra layers.

Trump was always opposed to the deal you
got on the nuclear. As President, we saw him
renege on the Paris and other agreements &
he's willing to do so here too but can't quite.
He is applying pressure on allies that are part
of that deal to accept changes or he'll leave it.

All aircrafts nowadays use parts from across
the spectrum of manufacturers and French
Airbus have American parts like Boeings have
Japanese and European parts.
The administration is using the fact that export
licenses are awarded in batches ( which is a
purposeful design ) raising doubt on the next
batch and Airbus has too few left to finish prod.

Here, to that license deadline, add an Iranian
layer as pre-payments are lagging to ensure
production rank. Without judging Iran's reasons
to do so, it must be understood that on the date
of your down payment, you get the next unpaid
plane on the schedule, the sooner the better, etc.

If the date of this downpayment arrives behind
another from another client for a bulk of 30 ACs
and those take 20 months to make, you are :
A- going to get yours 20 months later and B- ...
receive them past 1-1-2020, next license batch?
The exact one Trump has control over?

Boeing of course has to follow US govt lead but is
also subject to the conundrum above in any case.

There is then a ramification as Europe's very core
exporters are looking into financing more deals in
Euro especially military ones in order to avoid the
occasional US sanction on some of them.

This could allow specially sourced versions to some
degrees to reach hum, say difficult export markets
but the timeframe is more 2024-2030.

And the market ramification is more systemic than
the previous, namely that as lending institutions view
a Trumpian success in disrupting the nuclear deal at
some point and/or level as possible, it makes finding
financing that much more difficult for Teheran.

Not good news but as honest an assessment as you're
likely to get anywhere else.

Have a great day, Tay.

didn't Russia at some point offer IL-114-300 to Iran to also be built in Iran?

http://www.defenseworld.net/news/22..._AN_24_AN_26_Turbo_prop_Aircraft#.WqelYlRubDc

After nuclear deal no one invited Iran's biggest airline to the party ! I'm talking about MahanAir .Our Russian friends and Mahan can join together since both of them has been ignored. from financial point of view MahanAir is more stronger than other airlines( even stronger than IranAir ) but I think we need to wait and see what will happen after Russia's election .

https://www.rt.com/business/420714-russia-iran-ssj-100/

"The two countries have been also negotiating local production of the SSJ 100 airliner to replace Iran's ageing fleet on regional routes."

didn't Russia at some point offer IL-114-300 to Iran to also be built in Iran?

http://www.defenseworld.net/news/22..._AN_24_AN_26_Turbo_prop_Aircraft#.WqelYlRubDc
They were offering Tu-204s again literally just after the signing of the jcpoa,only this time with the redesigned A3 variant of the Ps-90 engine rather than the westernised Ps-90A2 version that russias refusal to supply ultimately ended up scrapping the deal under ahmadinejad.
Typical russia,a day late and a dollar short once again

Back
Top Bottom