What's new

Airborne Early Warning Radar Systems

Engr786

New Recruit

Reaction score
Nothing but a flying radar just waiting for a stringer

so then ground based radars are also nothing but sitting ducks for enemy CM, was planes, and anti radition munitions! ! !
bro do check there merits before complaining about de-merits!!

regards!

Hello,

Just wanted to check---since when did the stingers started to take out planes flying at 40,000 feet elevation.

ATAS are the best solution of it.Furthermore skywave propagation technique can even disguise the Airborne control.
on the other side ground ducks are protected widely than air ones.:pakistan:

it is not that simple dear, :agree:
a plane large enough to carry such massive radar structure wont fly without proper jamming suites,
moreover when it can detect an incomming hostile aircraft from a distance as long as some 400 Km wht they hell it wont call for support from its one fighter aircraft fleet!! :azn:
the same SAMs widely protecting the ground ducks can also protect the AWACS which will always be flying in your own territory. :agree:
and last but not the least, the stinger would have to be fitted to a S400 to reach these heights and beleive me russian wont allow this to happen!!! :lol: :lol:

regards!

Last edited:

You start a threadjust for the purpose of posting this meaningless one liner?! :hitwall:

- Most systems comprise far more than just a radar (e.g. Command, Control, Communications, Computing and Intelligence [C4I] equipment, datalinks, EW gear)
- It is STINGER not stRinger
- Stingers are very short range low level air defence missiles, the only time they could possibly catch an operational AEW/C aircraft is during its take-off and landing. I.e. the Stinger operator would need to be well inside enemy held territory.

Any more marvelous insights?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom