What's new

Air Force Question Thread

One Question

What does it mean - TOT?

Transfer of Technology

Full technology transfer?

There is No Full TOT given, Core technologies would not be shared.

Su-30s are producing in India by HAL thru TOT

Su-30 MKI was a Joint Venture, Not an Export variant of Su 30....

Means it is just an assembly line, all parts being exported from Russia and being assembled here.

Engines and Airframes are produced here, There are Indian Avionics Present Along with the Israeli ones....

OR

Only engine is getting from Russia and producing other pats of the plane in India?

Engine is Produced By HAL under TOT

What is the % of indigenious items whcih was made in Pakistan(JFT), India(Su-30) & F-16(Turkey)?

According to HAL chairman, HAL is Looking forward to Make su 30 100% in India by the end of 2011.....

If full technology transfer means full items being made in the respective country, the above countries can make planes whatever nos they can without the help of source nation, namely Russia, china & USA?

TOT is Given Under License, You break it, Then Forget further assistance and Spares what so ever

Transfer of Technology

There is No Full TOT given, Core technologies would not be shared.

Su-30 MKI was a Joint Venture, Not an Export variant of Su 30....

Engines and Airframes are produced here, There are Indian Avionics Present Along with the Israeli ones....

Engine is Produced By HAL under TOT

According to HAL chairman, HAL is Looking forward to Make su 30 100% in India by the end of 2011.....

TOT is Given Under License, You break it, Then Forget further assistance and Spares what so ever

- If MKI engines are produced here, cant we use the same technology to make engine for LCA?

-Y worry about Spares? if we can produce here in case of 100% ToT.

-if 100% MKI Indian, what will Russia gets from the sales?

- If MKI engines are produced here, cant we use the same technology to make engine for LCA?

I dont think AL31 will fit in LCA

No at all, One needs to create Technology In order to Make One, The Real Technology is Still In the hands of Russia

Because , Su 30 Is not the Only Russian aircraft we have and Not the Only one we would Have, and More Over, and By 100% , It does not Mean everything is Indigenous, We would start manufacturing Raw materials Here, But the Technology is still not given to us....

Well, India does not have marketing Rights, and Still We pay some amount of Royalties to them for the Aircrafts we make On there Behalf....

s_f-104b.jpg

need details about this mission and the Indian Aircraft shoot down in the painting, its picture is also required.

regards

these are TB 30 Epsilon , If Iam Not wrong..... Could anyone confirm??

i found the name of aircraft from key publisher web
name of A/C: Percival Prentice
The aircraft are coded for 19 SFTS/FTS of the RAF College as well.

Well, the AESA radar of Su-35 is not fixed, it rotates, its fixed on a gimballed ‘swash-plate’ that covers about 240 degrees around the nose, while other AESA radars are mostly fixed, non movable or non-rotatable. Thus it gives the ability to the Su-35 to fire its missile and take a larger turn away from any incoming missiles or incoming fighter aircraft, while most probably with the adversary having fixed AESA radar would not be able to take such a big turn away from the Su-35, which if it does, may not be able to guide its missile. For any radar to keep a track and lock on the enemy aircraft, the aircraft nose is to be in some direction, radar antenna rotation limitation is there, from where it can deviate less as then it will loose the track of the enemy aircraft.

Below articles may give you a good idea:

See how much the AESA radar antenna of Su-35 can rotate, thus giving it lot of coverage compared to any fixed AESA.

Wide Angle View

Read the Antenna Coverage section to understand fully and see the last image also giving the radar coverages of Su-35 and F-35s.

How? The Deadly Question for the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter

2v2ta1e.jpg

Two parts that really intrigue me are
  1. Engine Inlets
  2. Plasma Ports

Regarding the 1st one; is there any difference b/w air intakes & Engine Inlets that are labeled in fig. (because yellow arrows dont mention the big air intakes)
260r31d.jpg

Regarding 2nd; we had a talk about these magical things stealth tech before & many senior members refrain talking about it CLEARLY. I was of the view which was referenced in a book (I will reproduce the source if req.) that it was something Chemical in nature; while Gambit if I am correct related it with Radar science. Having this fig. I suppose people here can make me understand in a better/CLEAR way
260r31d.jpg

2zi3h1x.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom