What's new

Air Force Question Thread

penumbra..whether its a coalition support fund or not its not free we've done things for them we deserve to get those funds but everything in our inventory has been paid for by PAF nothing comes free to me there is no such thing as free from us of a.

jagjitnatt...a decade of service is far too good if these airframes can give us service of 10 years that i consider a miracle.

Ahmmm a decade is actually 10 years .....:rolleyes:

so? read again
a decade of service is far too good if these airframes can give us service of 10 years that i consider a miracle.
did i not say 10 years = decade?

And actually 10 Years is worth something to keep flying those upgraded block F-16s

I too am skeptical about the report because upgrading A/B variants to C/D requires structural changes which are not feasible. It would be better to buy a new F16 than to upgrade an existing one.

I don't think A/B variants would be upgraded. They are reaching their end of life soon. It would be wise to replace them with newer block 52 F16s

How can u say this. What u will say about the norway, denmark, holland and other countries which upgraded their F16 to newer standards???? and what u think PAF is mad that they will spend over a billion dollars on upgrade when according to u it is not feasible...?? If u first get some info about the 2006 F16 deal u would find out the items that PAF ordered ... TAI will only get the equipment bought by PAF and then upgrade the 42 F16. 4 are already under MLU in USA.

so? read again
a decade of service is far too good if these airframes can give us service of 10 years that i consider a miracle.
did i not say 10 years = decade?

And actually 10 Years is worth something to keep flying those upgraded block F-16s

NOTE:

These P-3s are hardly used and most of the cases have not been used at all! Recently delivered P-3C Update II.5 are the newest of all P-3 and their air frame can easily take 20 years of service.

good if they can drag to 20 years..I was explaining to mr. F-86 that even those airframes he consider so old if dragged to 10 Years are more than enough for their life and worth buying or and maintaining.

This question has been answered in the F-16 sticky, several times.

IIRC, the MLU'd F-16's will be equivalent to the Block 52's in terms of avionics, radar etc., but not in terms of hardpoints, engines and range.

Thread closed. Please read through the existing threads to see if your question has been answered, or post your question on this thread: http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-aviation/10260-air-force-question-thread.html

Don't start new threads just to ask a question - they will be deleted without notice from now on.

Last edited:
Here are the details of the MLU, courtesy Blain2 and PAFAce:

The MLU upgrade kits will include: APG-68(V)9 radar; Embedded GPS/INS (EGI); Link-16 data link; APX-113 Advanced Identify Friend or Foe (AIFF); Color Cockpit with Color Moving Map; ALQ-211(V)9 Advanced Integrated Defensive Electronic Warfare Suite (AIDEWS) Pod; Night Vision Imaging System (NVIS) Cockpit and External Lighting; Sniper Advanced Targeting Pod; Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System (JHMCS); Reconnaissance Pod capability; improved avionics systems; JDAM capability; EGBU capability; AIM-120 AMRAAM capability; and AGM-84 Harpoon capability. While many of the avionics systems and capabilities are common with the new Block 52s and the MLU, some significant differences remain between the MLU F-16 Block 15s and the new PAF Block 52s: there are no improvements to the Block 15s mission range and loiter time; there are no engine improvements; and, there are no improvements to payload capacity. Overall, the MLU program will extend the service life of Pakistan’s original F-16 aircraft and very significantly increase the capability of the Pakistan Air Force to conduct Close Air Support and night precision attack missions. I would like to highlight that in parallel with the significant improvement in weapon accuracy gained by precision guided munitions like JDAM, there is the potential to dramatically reduce collateral damage and civilian casualties.

why not we going towards twin engin fighters when all airforces of the world going towards twin engin than how com we not going is paf and our defence minister is mad or mr 10% wan his share there either

why not we going towards twin engin fighters when all airforces of the world going towards twin engin than how com we not going is paf and our defence minister is mad or mr 10% wan his share there either

im an artist,making a sketch of jf17.
plz somebody tell me,what kind of targeting pod is attached with thunder.mention the name or post its picture.
REGARDS

im an artist,making a sketch of jf17.
plz somebody tell me,what kind of targeting pod is attached with thunder.mention the name or post its picture.
REGARDS

If its Chinese, it would be something like this:

ef5875ba2de69d7f573b862404a25e9f.jpg

Pakistan tiger
Twin engined aircraft are chosen if the area one needs to cover is large or you think you will need to carry a lot of armaments a long way. Being twin engined, they need morew looking after and are therefore expensive to maintain. Another reaosn is in case you are going over sea as a single engined aircraft developing a fault would nbe lost totally whereas a twin engined aircraft would survive
Single engined aircrafts on the other hand are easier to maintain, more economical and to some extent, on account of quicker turnaround can deliver almost the same amount of armaments.
If you look at pakistan, our main adversary is India and our borders are contiguous. Our strategic depth is not enough to warrant a twin engined plane.Even at sea, ouyr economic zone merely extends a couple of hundred miles and being a defensive force we will most likely not utilize our fighters for deep interdiction strikes, instead using missiles and CM.
Therefore for us it is a logical decision to use single engined aircrafts.
Araz

Back
Top Bottom