What's new

Air Chief Marshall

With the 126 new MRCA's IAF can also take care of the JF-17's.

By the day JF-17's reach the number of 200, IAF will have something more
Can't say anythin about JF17 because its still under developement.
PAF's current F16s a totally scrap because of no BVR but when they get upgraded to MLU standards and PAF gets new F16s in future, it will not easy for flankers to enjoy free fly. :evil:

Analysis of F16C, Mirage2000-5 and Mig29M.

Feature...........................MiG 29M.......Mirage 2000-V......F-16C

BVR Engagement
Radar Detection Range.....120 Kms...........?................110km(aprox)
Jam Resistant Data.............NO...............NO.....................YES

Close combat:
Super Maneuverability.........NO................NO.....................NO
Off bore sight Missile..........AA 11............MICA.................AIM9X
Sustained Turn Rate..............1.................2........................3
(Subsonic)
Instantaneous Turn Rate.......2..................4.......................3
Sustained Turn Rate..............2.................3.......................1
(Supersonic)
Aerial Refueling...................yes............... yes.....................yes

http://kuku.sawf.org/Articles/665.aspx

Originally posted by Viper Z@Nov 22 2005, 06:54 PM
Feature MiG 29M Mirage 2000-V F-16C

BVR Engagement
Radar Detection Range 120 Kms ? 110km(aprox)
Jam Resistant Data NO NO YES

Close combat:
Super Maneuverability NO NO NO
Off bore sight Missile AA 11 MICA AIM9X
Sustained Turn Rate 1 2 3
(Subsonic)
Instantaneous Turn Rate 2 4 3
Sustained Turn Rate 2 3 1
(Supersonic)
Aerial Refueling yes yes yes
[post=3448]Quoted post[/post]​

Mirage-2000 is debatable but MiG-29 is not.

Check the IAF MiG-29 info.

THanks,

Miro

Originally posted by miroslav@Nov 22 2005, 07:56 PM
Mirage-2000 is debatable but MiG-29 is not.

Check the IAF MiG-29 info.

THanks,

Miro
[post=3449]Quoted post[/post]​
I have no other latest knowledge about mig29 except this;

MiG-29M "Fulcrum E" (Product 9.15): Advanced multirole variant, with a redesigned airframe constructed from a lightweight aluminum-lithium alloy. Mechanical flight controls replaced by an analogue fly-by-wire system. Powered by enhanced thrust RD-33K engines, with 86 kN of thrust (afterburning). Weapons load increased to 4,500 kg, and additional fuel tanks installed within the fuselage to give a total maximum range of 2,000 km (on internal fuel). Original radar replaced by N010 "Zhuk", providing ground mapping capabilities and terrain-following flight modes. New "glass" cockpit displays, consisting of 2 cathode ray tube MFDs. Compatibility with R-77 AAMs and a wide range of guided air-to-ground munitions added. Number of weapon hardpoints increased to 8 (4 under each wing). Originally intended as a replacement for earlier MiG-29 versions, but funding problems have prevented any MiG-29M purchases by the Russian Federation Air Force (VVS).

tell us if u have more updated information! :)

Originally posted by Viper Z@Nov 22 2005, 07:07 PM
I have no other latest knowledge about mig29 except this;
tell us if u have more updated information! :)
[post=3450]Quoted post[/post]​

Check my reply about MiG-29 here.

You will get info about both IAF and IN MiG-29.

Thanks,

Miro

Nice info. :clapping:

the artical says that unit price of MiG-29K FULCRUM-D is $46.25million....isn't this costlier than vipers? if so, then these flankers r better than F16blk50/52??

Originally posted by Viper Z@Nov 22 2005, 07:24 PM
Nice info. :clapping:

the artical says that unit price of MiG-29K FULCRUM-D is $46.25million....isn't this costlier than vipers? if so, then these flankers r better than F16blk50/52??
[post=3453]Quoted post[/post]​

The actual price is US$ 32 million per aircraft. The additional US$ 14.25 million per aircraft includes the cost of the full hardware for training personnel, simulators and interactive ground & sea based training systems.

So this is how it goes to US$ 46.25 million.

Thanks,

Miro

Originally posted by Best of the Best@Nov 21 2005, 09:22 AM
He is totally right i agree with him what he means is the technolegical gap between PAF and IAF would be of 20 years rather than 10 hope you get what i mean....
[post=3353]Quoted post[/post]​

Well yeah, we all know that he is right about the price of this deal. These is very cheap deal, and we are not understanding it, i think we are seem to be forgetting that we once regarded F-16s to be coming in bonus for PAF. If it gets delayed of course the technological gap will gets widen and more wide, and we dont want that.

I dont understand one thing is, is it true that we are not getting Aim-120? I know that for sure that we are getting Aim-9M which is an upgraded improved version of Aim-9L missiles. Whats so good about Aim-120 that Aim-9L is not good for? Is it just that Aim-120 is a BVR missile? :glare:

Originally posted by Owais@Nov 22 2005, 09:54 AM
Can't say anythin about JF17 because its still under developement.
PAF's current F16s a totally scrap because of no BVR but when they get upgraded to MLU standards and PAF gets new F16s in future, it will not easy for flankers to enjoy free fly. :evil:

Analysis of F16C, Mirage2000-5 and Mig29M.

Feature...........................MiG 29M.......Mirage 2000-V......F-16C

BVR Engagement
Radar Detection Range.....120 Kms...........?................110km(aprox)
Jam Resistant Data.............NO...............NO.....................YES

Close combat:
Super Maneuverability.........NO................NO.....................NO
Off bore sight Missile..........AA 11............MICA.................AIM9X
Sustained Turn Rate..............1.................2........................3
(Subsonic)
Instantaneous Turn Rate.......2..................4.......................3
Sustained Turn Rate..............2.................3.......................1
(Supersonic)
Aerial Refueling...................yes............... yes.....................yes
[post=3448]Quoted post[/post]​
I won't be trusting sawf if I were you.

The American radars are all measured against 1 m^2 targets, the Russian radars are all measured against 5 m^2 targets. Mig-29's RCS is 5 m^2, F-16's RCS is 1-1.5m^2. You need to use the RCS formular to recalculate this.

APG-68v9 is actually very advanced. The only thing Bars-29 has over it is the fact that it's half PESA.

In BVR, AIM-120B,C is definitely better than AA-12. AIM-120C has a 50 KM no escape zone against F-16s, there is no way AA-12 can achieve anywhere close to that. F-16 CJ beats Mig-29 anyday of the week. Has Mig-29 even scored a kill against 4th generation fighter jets?

Take a look at the inside of any early models of Russian 4th generation planes, they are all analog. Mig-29 has only got the modern cockpit with the SMT upgrade.

As for AIM-9, AMRAAM pretty much renders it useless.

Back
Top Bottom