What's new

AH-1Z Viper, 1000 Hellfire II Missiles approved for sale to Pakistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AH-1Z and UH-1Y use alot of same components, maintenance point of view UH-1Y seems very logical. US is retiring UH-1Ns or upgrading them to UH-1Ys

But for transport, Mi-17s are the best.

Bell_UH-1Y_Venom
That's the point warns made .

Just saw on TV...some AH1Z Vipers have been transferred to Pakistan!

I have also seen this news article in the October Air Force Monthly. This clearly say that initial order is for 2 Vipers only

The bell company received contract of manufacturing total of 218 AH1Z Vipers for USMC and PAA .. the above mention article 10% of the contract belongs to Pakistan .. So if its 10 % than the PAA vipers should be 21 or 22 ....

But eventually sale is only approved for 15 units (PAA requested 20 of them) ...

So i guess Other units might be approved after the completion of delivery

That is a lot of fire power... Play the music of valkyrie's.

Repeating the lesson again

• Mi-35s are NOT for the Army, they most likely will be used by Special Forces as Airborne assault element.
  • Z-10 is under evaluation, 3 of them are already in Pakistan and if their trials are successful they'll replace our old Cobras
  • 15 AH-1Z Vipers deal is 'done' by the looks of it & it will be provide the high tech element in our attack heli line up.
However, i must say that i am VERY surprised at this deal, i must admit that i didn't see this one coming.
why don't we send our vipers to china ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom