What's new

AH-1Z Viper, 1000 Hellfire II Missiles approved for sale to Pakistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Repeating the lesson again

• Mi-35s are NOT for the Army, they most likely will be used by Special Forces as Airborne assault element.
  • Z-10 is under evaluation, 3 of them are already in Pakistan and if their trials are successful they'll replace our old Cobras
  • 15 AH-1Z Vipers deal is 'done' by the looks of it & it will be provide the high tech element in our attack heli line up.
However, i must say that i am VERY surprised at this deal, i must admit that i didn't see this one coming.
2015 is of full of Surprises for Pakistan Armed Forces , Jet Deal , Thn Sub Deal , thn helis

1 billion would buy more than 50 z 10s. I dont understand pakistans fascination with US equipment

I don't think we are paying for it and i don't think it will have any impact on Z-10s.

iFW-Press-Release-44.jpg

Not necessary small numbers of AH 1Z Viper craps, we would like to see if US should offer great discount for 200+ AH-64 Apaches Longbow III to Pakistan.

Bro its not Super Cobra, its AH-1Zulu the latest kin to AH-64E Apache Guardian.

Not necessary small numbers of AH 1Z Viper craps, we would like to see if US should offer great discount for 200+ AH-64 Apaches Longbow III to Pakistan.

Go to sleep.

Z-10s will be the cavalry the Zulu will be the highest end copter. A 2 tier attack element followed by Mi-35s for SSG.

But than 15 seems to be a low number ... any plans to upgrade current cobras to zulu standard??

US only sold pakistan the gunship becos China can provide WZ-10 gunship. If China never sell WZ-10 to PA. US will continue sanction PA equipment. I hope Pakistan can see the true color of US.

This is what I was thinking, US does not want to let go Pakistan from it's clutch they want us to be dependent on them, they also completely don't want to isolate us because then we will form alliance with China. I think We should develop Z-10 or Z-20.

The issue with Z-10 is that it is underpowered, which tags along plenty of other limitations including a low weapons load, lack of a MMW radar, thin armor, and less sensors.

Bro its not Super Cobra, its AH-1Zulu the latest kin to AH-64E Apache Guardian.

Go to sleep.

Z-10s will be the cavalry the Zulu will be the highest end copter. A 2 tier attack element followed by Mi-35s for SSG.

US should offer better helicopter like AH-64 Apaches instead few Vipers, why they changed mind after many years ignoring Pakistan's requests? Is it because China provided Z-10 or Turkey/Russia offered similarly in global markets pressure?

Hope Pakistan stick with their original plans.

The issue with Z-10 is that it is underpowered, which tags along plenty of other limitations including a low weapons load, lack of a MMW radar, thin armor, and less sensors.

I will repeat again Pakistan needs to replace over 50 units of Cobras, which helicopter will replace them?
Z-10 will be tested rigorously and in my opinion will lead to an upgraded model based on combat applications by Pakistan Army. The Z-10 most likely will replace our Cobras, the Viper however will be our high end machine.

and that will be quite a stupid move. Operating three kinds of helos, 15-18 each. Not only different kinds but coming from different sources with a totally different armament. Doesn't makes much sense.

What would be IDEAL will be to go for about 36 Mi-35 and then add 36 Z-10 with further induction of 36 more if budget allows. That will be more then enough and will address the army aviation attack needs for quote some time to come.
Sir not mention there are rumors of MI-28 as well as T-129

I will repeat again Pakistan needs to replace over 50 units of Cobras, which helicopter will replace them?
Z-10 will be tested rigorously and in my opinion will lead to an upgraded model based on combat applications by Pakistan Army. The Z-10 most likely will replace our Cobras, the Viper however will be our high end machine.
So can we say we have completely dropped the idea of T-129 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom