What's new

Agni-II Prime test fired successfully off Orissa coast.

Breaking on Tarmak007: Agni-4 missile successfully launched

India's maiden launch of Agni-4 missile (A4-001) is a success. The missile was test-fired (using a Road Mobile launcher) from Wheeler Island at 8.55 am today. It hit the target after 20 minutes of flights, probably travelling around 3,000 km. DRDO chief Dr V.K. Saraswat, C-in-C of SFC Air Marshal K.J. Mathews and other senior officials witnessed the launch. DRDO has renamed and modified its A2 Prime missile as Agni-4.

Tarmak007 -- A bold blog on Indian defence: Breaking on Tarmak007: Agni-4 missile successfully launched

This is the picture of the beast! Courtesy Shiv Aroor.

AeRL-ecCEAE3CUk.jpg:large

^^^^ Agni-TD, Agni-1 and Agni-2 all from 90s had similarities in reentry vehicle, so are Agni-3, Agni-4 from 00s. Note there is no interstage separation part in Agni-4, I am expecting same from Agni-5. But the most important is the all composite second stage made up of carbon filament-wound materials.

Buddy, IV is higher number than III but that does not mean it will have greater range. Agni-III is a different beast altogether.

Agni-IV's uniqueness lies in its second stage. That will be repeated in Agni-V. :)

True true:lol:

Although according to this max range for Agni IV is 3500 Km:D

"Agni-IV has a maximum range of 3,500 kilometres (2,170 miles) but this time the launch parameter was 3,000 kilometres," the official spokesman said.

India tests long-range nuclear-capable 'Agni-IV' missile - The Times of India

good job DRDO the Agni IV will add to India's deterrence i am wondering so its range is 3,000 to 3,500km but if we reduce the payload to ~600 kg using the MK5 and MK6 RV's MK5 having yield of 50KT FBF warhead or 200KT thermonuclear warhead and MK6 having 150kt FBF warhead the range could potentially be over 4,000km

i don't get it so will it be called Agni 2 prime or Agni IV?

:D :D :D

I missed that part!!!! Agni-IV has 3500 km range than what is the actual range of Agni-III which can carry 1.5 ton payloads!!!! :cheesy:

its range can go well up to and over 5,000km and ICBM range if we use the MK4 RV weighing 180KG with a 17KT fission warhead

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

someone should edit the info on wiki Agni page and create a Agni IV page with sources :)

With Agni 3, we'll have to station it somewhere in the north or north east to strike the farthest Chinese city.

2007041304010101.jpg

Agni 5 will be a total game changer for our strategic environment as shown in the Spark's post above.

Back
Top Bottom