What's new

After the NSG Debacle, Here Comes the Spin

Its looking more likely that the two options will be

a) Full equal membership for India in NSG with no India-specific clauses

b) Creation of a new group with the pro-India Nuclear trade countries only. India can just continue the NSG waiver with NSG only countries.

Try for a) for the time being (don't invest too much into it), smoothen things out with those that oppose (already good work done in South Africa it seems) and check status next year. If its still a no go, work on b)....actually work should have already went into b) behind the scenes by now I hope....and should pick up momentum.

b) Creation of a new group with the pro-India Nuclear trade countries only. India can just continue the NSG waiver with NSG only countries.

Try for a) for the time being (don't invest too much into it), smoothen things out with those that oppose (already good work done in South Africa it seems) and check status next year. If its still a no go, work on b)....actually work should have already went into b) behind the scenes by now I hope....and should pick up momentum.

The second option needs to be opened up.

Remember NSG was created to stop us in 70s.

Would go for option b) isolate china, it will be great payback. Realignment of power should take place. UN,NSG,MTCR...are relics of bygone era. India needs to get its own cozy club. If option b is discussed china will know which way the wind is blowing and fall in line. If not it will be stalemate battles along, some where we need to fight that critical battle and break the barrier to move ahead.

or dissolving NSG altogether

Would go for option b) isolate china, it will be great payback. Realignment of power should take place. UN,NSG,MTCR...are relics of bygone era. India needs to get its own cozy club. If option b is discussed china will know which way the wind is blowing and fall in line. If not it will be stalemate battles along, some where we need to fight that critical battle and break the barrier to move ahead.
it will clearly escalate into a new cold war ..... as you can see china has its own sphere of influence

or dissolving NSG altogether

That might happen subsequently to b) (esp over time) its possible.

Various other NSG type groups might be created as well.

That's what i said when our bid was blocked....NSG will be dissolved and a new one ll be formed

That's what i said when our bid was blocked....NSG will be dissolved and a new one ll be formed

Theres still a chance of NSG admittance. Not sure what it is though.

China may just be playing for tokenism and bargaining power not fully realising other options are most likely in motion.

I wonder if Modi has another trip to China scheduled at some point in the short term?

Hum ko malum ha nsg ki haqiqat lekin ,
Dil k behlaney ko india khayal acha ha . :D ;)

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom