What's new

After S400, Russia To Supply Deadly Air Missile System To India

Last edited:
Wow, Who told you this. Dude, every thing rivets to stamping to radars, to engines to even the analog dials on the system was made by HAL for the Mig21. I have been part for quite a few ToT projects in my career, and I have never seen anything as extensive, although ill planned when I think back about what was made by HAL, and at the rate of production unheard of for the mig 21.

From what I heard, we started producing a lot of our own jets only in the late 70s with the M/MF and the newer R-13 engine. Particularly, more driven after we signed the Friendship Treaty with them.

Your post deserves a long reply, as you are more level headed than most of your gang here, and unlikely to resort to abusive language. :enjoy:

You may want to check your fact about BUK family air defense missiles, and see the relationship this BUK-M2E has with 70-80's BUK (US code name SA-11).

India isnt importing any land based Buk systems. The newest orders are for Akash SAMs, which arent BUK.

Thanks for the info on the offset clause of India's recent military procurement, and I agree that it is a step in the right direction. But take the recent assault rifle global tender for example, India has a long way to go for military equipment self-reliance. With all the military organizations, India can't make a decent rifle for your infantry soldiers? To be honest, it is beyond my imagination.

Did the IA even look into the rifle the domestic market made? So how do you know India cant make a decent rifle, if can make SLBMs and Nuclear Subs, an assault rifle isnt an issue.

Originally they wanted a rifle that can use three specific rounds. So industry makes it, does developmental trials, and all of a sudden they dont want ANY of those rounds anymore.

This is a problem even the MoD stressed about, changing requirements on the fly.

pXXnwBu.jpg

663ed23de342f6232dc355c5fb9e04ea.jpg

Take Tata/Denel howitzer project for example, can you really call it an indigenous howitzer with CKD kits from south Africa and a Tata truck? Is this the "private sector" model every Indian member seems to cheer about and peg their hopes on? Until you can cast your own gun barrel with Indian steel, the so call indigenous effort doesn't really mean much.

Dude, that's a fine strategy for companies that have entered the sector literally couple of years ago. Please keep in mind, most of them dont even have a damn plant up. That's how new the private sector are to the defence industry. And btw, the barrel will be produced by them, it's a step process.

When the auto sector was opened, they also started out like that. Now they're making their own designs.

Tata-Nexon-front-detailed-images.jpg

tata-hexa_827x510_41444126482.jpg

Exterior-79761.jpg

616A7615web_2.jpg

kite5-img1.jpg

etc
etc
etc

Each year they're bring out their own designs. This will be replicated in the defence industry as well. But right now, competition for public sector companies is a must. OFB for example controls the production of small arms to tanks, from bullets to rockets. And they cant even keep up with India's demand. This need to change.

Many of your countrymen found the tremendous satisfaction and almost made it a national past time laughing at Chinese, labeling their effort as "copy, paste, steal, hack, reverse engineering, etc", but Chinese used the ToT of Mig-21, and made J-7ii, J-7iii, J-8ii, and eventually, FC-1. What India has done with the same ToT you got from the same source around the same time since then? If things turn sour between China and India, guess who is going to lol, and who is going to beg international help?

I dont care what other people say. They're not my family, they're just people on the internet. They dont represent India, America, just themselves. Personally, I don't care if China copies or whatever.

Last edited:
From what I heard, we started producing a lot of our own jets only in the late 70s with the M/MF and the newer R-13 engine. Particularly, more driven after we signed the Friendship Treaty with them.
True, but take it from me. We Made the 21's. We put unprecedented resources in the Mig21 line, at one point running parallel overhaul and production. We made everything we could for the 21s. I have not seen any ToT as extensive as he mig21 line in Nasik.

The more money you spend on foreign weapons, the less you can spend on your own industries. Not a happy news if I were an Indian.

Everyone can offer you anything, but its upto you whetehr you buy or not. Buk-M3 does not have any chance. We have LRSAM with 90 km.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom