What's new

After beating Tesla in China EV sales, BYD plots global expansion

Seriously I don't know who comes out with this Chinese names. Lol can't they pick a catchy simple name that is relatable with anyone around the world and that can spread better ?
They should learn from bytedance "Tiktok". Simple , easy, catchy and cool. They really need good marketing teams. Name often matters as well.

Yes I heard about that. Seems BYD doesn't have a good sales/marketing team. Else they could have predicted something like this in advance. What they forget is that, it's better to take more time to set yourself up in a new market properly and gain a good name, this goes a long way. Once you have bad name in a new market with first time buyers/consumers then it's VERY VERY VERY DIFFICULT to fixe that again. So they might have even lost the Australian market before they even started. Lol
Tesla understood that if you want something done properly(that reflects your brand name objectively)then take time and do it YOURSELF. Lol

They are not the only one. LDV has the same issue. See this:

I have no interest in debating with someone who is entirely and willingly clueless .
You need to update yourself with genz trends in world view and pop culture.
My work let me stay around 6 months in Shanghai during the summer of 2010. All of my Chinese co-workers had a western name.
Our resident Chinese can confirm for sure.

My work let me stay around 6 months in Shanghai during the summer of 2010. All of my Chinese co-workers had a western name.
Our resident Chinese can confirm for sure.
I can't take you seriously one bit,Chinese tends to adopt western names when they deal with western english speaking people or while studying in west. They tend to adopt what they call their “English name” as a means of facilitating communication with foreigners, who it is often felt might struggle with Chinese pronunciation and massacre their names. You should note that when the Chinese refer to their English name, they mean the name that they use when they are speaking English, not necessarily an English name .

I can't take you seriously one bit,Chinese tends to adopt western names when they deal with western english speaking people or while studying in west. They tend to adopt what they call their “English name” as a means of facilitating communication with foreigners, who it is often felt might struggle with Chinese pronunciation and massacre their names. You should note that when the Chinese refer to their English name, they mean the name that they use when they are speaking English, not necessarily an English name .
Absolutely right, not denying it.

The class is different.

Tesla is a high-class expensive car, while BYD is a cheap car.

It's like comparing Roll Royce vs Toyota, of course, Toyota sells more.
Tesla is only an expensive car, there's nothing high class about it. Its quality is on par if not lower than that of a golf cart, panels have huge gaps, it shakes rattles and leaks all the time.

Tesla is only an expensive car, there's nothing high class about it. Its quality is on par if not lower than that of a golf cart, panels have huge gaps, it shakes rattles and leaks all the time.

The thing is even with all that they are seen as far better in quality to Chinese consumers than their local car makers. Something you simply don't want to comprehend even with facts right before your eyes:

Last edited:
To be honest, their cars were crap until recently. So explains why they never made it that far in the 1st place. 😅

Agree, Nio sounds more cool/catchy and better than TANG or SONG etc that BYD keeps coming out with. 🤣

Who can tell if distributors in other countries won't do something similar now or going down the line ? Distributor's want to make as much profits as they can, so they can charge silly fees which the manufacturer isn't even aware of, making many customers to cancel their order and go for better competitor.
As I said, if you want something done properly and objectively then do it yourself, especially in a new market where you have an even better competitor like TESLA who is already established. You have no room for such mistakes. Will be okay if you have a monopoly , but that's not the case.
Your commend on BYD make me think of GM too. But I agree Chinese car need to have better name.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom